Assault Weapons Ban Caddo Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gas Port

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2019
    Central Louisiana
    Looks like the sickness is spreading to Louisiana.

WB.jpg

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well it has started. We sent were able to defeat all the gun bills presented to last year’s legislative session. We also knew we were going back again. They won’t stop and neither will we. The Louisiana Shooting Assoc, NRA and Firearm Professionals of Louisiana will be there again. We could use some help. The House Leader has said that he would give us a weeks notice of up coming gun bills and put them all on one day. The more folks we are able to pack into the committee room the better.
    When we are notified of the hearing dates, we can put up a list. Keep checking here for more notices.
    Thanks.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Wasn’t Caddo one of the localities that the Sheriff unilaterally outlawed NFA items by refusing to sign off back on them when NFA’s needed a CLEO signature?

Why do Democrats (particularly southern democrats) compulsively feel the need to infringe on civil liberties?

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    On Fox News they showed a map of the Soros/Bloomberg funded AGs & the only Parrish in La that showed up was...drum roll please, Caddo. The story was how S/B AGs are not enforcing immigration laws & attacking gun rights. I'd have say Fox got the story right.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Wasn’t Caddo one of the localities that the Sheriff unilaterally outlawed NFA items by refusing to sign off back on them when NFA’s needed a CLEO signature?

Why do Democrats (particularly southern democrats) compulsively feel the need to infringe on civil liberties?

No, Caddo & Bossier have been very NFA friendly at least for the last 30 years.

BTW, one individual on the Caddo parish commission puts forward to save "assault weapons ban" every year. It always dies.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    No, Caddo & Bossier have been very NFA friendly at least for the last 30 years.

BTW, one individual on the Caddo parish commission puts forward to save "assault weapons ban" every year. It always dies.

Thanks for the correction. Now all I can think about is what parish was I thinking about.
    Oh well. My professional dealings with the taxing authorities in the Caddo Shreveport/Bossier area have always been disappointing. Reminds me of Orleans and EBR among dozens of localities nationwide.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm obviously not in the law profession... BUT
    Wouldn't this law, if passed, be null and void due to current state law?

This is just a resolution to support an AWB. It doesn't actually ban anything. It implicitly acknowledges that the state preempts most local gun laws.

I wish I lived closer ... I'd come out to the next Parish Commission meeting and give the author(s) of this bill a hard time. That said, I'm guessing that it will die on the vine ... and we have bigger fights to prepare for.

Mike

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey guys, there's a good reason to keep our eyes open for these municipal / parish level bans.

Even though state preemption laws would nullify them, these laws would still be on the books and would *immediately* go into effect if state preemption was ever overturned.

Some states have flirted with legislation that actually punishes municipalities for enacting gun control like this ... if you're talking to your legislators, you may mention it to them.

Mike

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Hey guys, there's a good reason to keep our eyes open for these municipal / parish level bans.

Even though state preemption laws would nullify them, these laws would still be on the books and would *immediately* go into effect if state preemption was ever overturned.

Some states have flirted with legislation that actually punishes municipalities for enacting gun control like this ... if you're talking to your legislators, you may mention it to them.

Mike

Could start with making them pay out of pocket if their ''New'' law is ruled unconstitutional, Bet that will slow down the Commies !

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    This is just a resolution to support an AWB. It doesn't actually ban anything. It implicitly acknowledges that the state preempts most local gun laws.

I wish I lived closer ... I'd come out to the next Parish Commission meeting and give the author(s) of this bill a hard time. That said, I'm guessing that it will die on the vine ... and we have bigger fights to prepare for.

Mike

Local Sheriff showed up too and gave them a decent tongue lashing for wasting time with this resolution. I mean, not in so many words, but spoke on real issues that would make a difference, the problem with recent sentencing reductions, etc.

Sheriff Prator has always been an awesome leader and VERY pro 2nd amendment.

Bunker Hill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    FYI, this long haired hippy looking dude has visited Sheriff Prator in Caddo Parish three times for NFA sign-offs since the year 2000 and I've had no issue with him. Two of them were signed and I got the call to come back to pick them up before I even left the parking lot.

Sheriff Prator was also at last week's hearing in OPPOSITION to the newly proposed NFA laws:

"Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator received a standing ovation from the crowd as he spoke against the gun legislation saying it was a waste of time and the commission should focus on the all the violent crime going on in Caddo Parish."

It's critical for some of you to do your homework and understand who's on your side. FYI the motion was voted down in a 6 to 6 split (6 democrats for, and 6 republicans against!)

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...s-down-gun-legislation-resolution/4821003002/

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We need to keep laser focus on the state legislature this year. This Caddo Parish thing was just a resolution of support ... basically, telling the state legislature that they want an AWB. On its own it would change nothing.

If Democrats get any sort of foodhold in our state legislature this year, Caddo Parish will be the least of our problems.

Mike

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom