How much for a S&W model 19-5 nickle and a model 66-2?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm not selling these 2 but I'm just curious what would someone pay for either/Or?.
    The 19-5 nickle plated looks good in pictures but once u get up close to it,it's not all that or I guess that's how I feel about it..my local gun store owner said it's in nice shape for it's age,but the more I look at it the more I start nit-picking..
    The 66-2 is also in good condition..
    I occasionally take them out to the range and put about 50rds thru each and they run flawless.

I'm just wondering what would these 2 be worth ?..the stocks/grips are Not original to the Revolvers.
    (I'll add more pics but in the meantime I can only add 1 picture because I'm using the taptalk app and I am not a premium member,so I can only post 1 pic at a time).
    90a547d3cf4baa2cbadbabc0d0d3a7bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    In this area, as described (shooters) generally $450 to arond $500 assuming all is tight and right. Both are desirable as shooters (IMHO). The four inch version of the model 19, maybe a little more. In general, the shorter barrel 357 K frames bring an added interest. Condition is important, even with shooters.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I always go to GunBroker, Advanced search, completed auctions with highest number of bids first. Gives me a good idea as to what an item is actually selling for nationally. Keep in mind that a buyer also has to pay shipping and FFL fees on his/her end.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have seen $450-$550
    I have the same gun in 6" since age 16 it has a great trigger and is a great shooter in 6"
    As a young man {Kid 16 at years old} it started me into reloading to feed it
    To me mine is priceless
    They had a 19 6 inch blued mint barley a turn line at Cabela's right before the Bass Pro deal it was $500 and I should have gotten it. They go for more on Gunbroker.
    The new ones go for good $ now that they brought them back and I would rather have an old one wit some wear than a new mint one but that is just me

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Condition has everything to do with pricing; like everything else that is desirable. The low end $450, high $600.
    That's what I've seen in the market place as the going price(s).

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The 19-5 and the 66-2 both date from the mid-1980's. These were the first of the 19's and 66's that weren't pinned and recessed, and one might argue that this drops their values a bit. In average condition I'd be looking to get them for $400 each, give or take a bit depending on the weather and how I'm feeling.

These are not rare guns, and if you've got a bit more money to spend you'll find fine examples of both on various online auction sites.

Mike

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I sold the 19-5 in the 2.5 inch with original and hogue finger grips, 3 speedlpaders. He revolver was in excellent condition nickel plated.

i sold I on gunbroker for $850 with a box & 1/2 of ammo. We met up locally to close escrow, he lived in LaPlace.

I had people offering me $1,000 if I could produce the original box with it too.

So like they said condition is important, and also the model. I think the snubbie was just more sought after at the time.

veezarza1

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2020
    Louisiana
    This is just little about the smooth Model 19 ''The Model 19 was produced in blued carbon steel or nickel-plated steel with wood or rubber combat grips, an adjustable rear sight, full-target or semi-target hammer, serrated wide target trigger or combat-type trigger, and was available in 2.5" (3" Model 66 - rare), 4", or 6-inch barrel lengths. The weights are 30.5 ounces, 36 ounces, and 39 ounces, respectively. The 2.5- and 3-inch barrel versions had round butts, while the others had square butts"

Top Bottom