Another person dies on parade route!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've been living in New Orleans my whole life. Maybe once every 15 years or so I remember hearing about such a tragedy, but this year it happened TWICE!!!

https://www.fox8live.com/2020/02/21/endymion-preparations-underway/

What in the world are these people thinking getting in FRONT or BETWEEN a large float? They only go about 5mph, you can definitely run/walk faster than the float is going most of the time.

Also, They just announced that tandem floats will be banned for the rest of this parade season.

PS: I was at Endymion earlier today, everything was great, the police were doing a great job of telling people to clear the road etc. They wouldn't allow people to cross the road even though there were kids on my side with their grandparents, and their mom came later and was across the street. Told them, "no ma'am, you have to go all the way down carrolton where the parade turns and make your way back."

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm pretty sure alcohol has something to do with the first one, but not enough details are out about the 2nd one. Just know it's a male that died.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    First I'm sorry to hear that someone died. That being said...
    Yeah, it's the tandem float's fault just like its a trains fault for running into a car at a crossing. At parades people switch off their brains & forget about any safety. Add adult liquids, smokables & all caution disappears.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They should just make it illegal to walk in between floats! That’s Stop the problem!

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    "but city agency NOLA Ready tweeted that tandem floats would not be allowed for the few days remaining in the 2020 festival season.Each float will require its own tractor, "

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My wife and I were at Endymion last night, very near City Hall -- maybe 6 or 7 blocks from where the accident happened.

The parade stopped for what seemed like a long time, and when people realized what happened there was a real feeling of sadness in the air. Whether or not the guy was drunk, or was pushed in the mayhem, or slipped, it's a real tragedy and one that should remind us of our own mortality.

We left after that, and then inadvertently ended up watching the rest of the parade when we realized that we couldn't cross the parade route to get to our car. There was a lot of revelry meal Magazine street; I guess word hadn't spread much at that part of the parade.

Mike

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    so people are being run over by parade floats pulled by tractors. Their fix, split the big floats, and pull it, thus increasing the number of floats/tractors that can run over people.... HUMMMM.....

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Maybe there should be a new permit created to teach parade goers how safely participate in the madness. The city can get an extortion fee, photo ID, fingerprints, picture, background check...etc. there will be a need for certified instructors too. SPP (spectator parade permit)

Top Bottom