List of gun owners in the US?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In the last 3 years alone, you have watched some of the most egregious law breaking committed by government officials with no consequences for them (thus far?!?)! Case and point to name just a few:

Lying to a FISA court on multiple occasions.
    Falsifying documents to a FISA court.
    Mishandling classified information on a private computer.
    Mishandling classified information on a private phone.
    Destroying government owned emails.
    Tampering with evidence.
    Destroying subpoenaed evidence.
    Illegal wiretapping of a US citizen.
    Illegal wiretapping of a sitting President's Administration.
    Lying to the FBI (many).
    Lying to Congress (many).
    Perjury (many).
    Sitting congressperson committing fraud to gain citizenship.
    Sitting congressperson committing fraud by marrying a sibling to gain citizenship.
    Sitting congressperson not paying income tax.
    All of the illegal gathering of info as described by Edward Snowden.

I could go on, but everyone should get the picture. These democrats flat out don't care about jurisprudence because it does not apply to them, and there are no consequences (as of yet), for their crimes. Republicans are no angels either, but I don't have nearly as many examples.

If you believe any of these sacks of **** are worried about stepping outside of some "Constitutional" boundary to do whatever they want, you either just don't care (which is fine), or you are very naive.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Because your theory is plausible, but my question to you is if you believe it to be the case what do you propose we do?

Unlike a few who have insinuated this is some wacko conspiracy theory, I believe it could be happening, but I’m not sure how you or I could do anything to expose or stop it.
    Well, believing is the first step I guess. Or should I say, accepting the truth. Knowing something exists at least gives one the chance to prepare for it or what have you. I’d say thinking you can stop a government is more naive than denying the things they do, but since you took my point to a whole other level, why don’t you enlighten us.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well, believing is the first step I guess. Or should I say, accepting the truth. Knowing something exists at least gives one the chance to prepare for it or what have you. I’d say thinking you can stop a government is more naive than denying the things they do, but since you took my point to a whole other level, why don’t you enlighten us.

Im not sure what you want from me. I agree it’s quite possible, but since we have no way to prove it or stop it. I’m gonna carry-on with my life. What else is there to do?

I suppose if you are so bold you could lobby legislators. I prefer to avoid lobbying anyone with wild allegations as true as they could be.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Im not sure what you want from me. I agree it’s quite possible, but since we have no way to prove it or stop it. I’m gonna carry-on with my life. What else is there to do?

I suppose if you are so bold you could lobby legislators. I prefer to avoid lobbying anyone with wild allegations as true as they could be.
    I don’t remember ever asking you for a solution, challenge or comment and I promise that I never intended to. I simply put some info out there because I know there are doubters. If you think I’m trying to spark anything like you suggest, you’re mistaken. I also have no intention on sharing any solution or plan on my part for dealing with this info on a personal level. If you want to feel accomplished in your submission to this thread, you could simply count yourself among the non-believers or the believers and we can call it a day.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I don’t remember ever asking you for a solution, challenge or comment and I promise that I never intended to. I simply put some info out there because I know there are doubters. If you think I’m trying to spark anything like you suggest, you’re mistaken. I also have no intention on sharing any solution or plan on my part for dealing with this info on a personal level. If you want to feel accomplished in your submission to this thread, you could simply count yourself among the non-believers or the believers and we can call it a day.

Ok so you have a plan, but you won’t share it. Could you at least provide some hypothetical scenario or circumstances in which you would enact said confidential plan? Or is said plan active?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

If you are a citizen of the United States, you are on a list.
    If you have a social security card, you are on a list.
    If you have a driver's license, you are on a list.
    If you have a TWIC card, you are on a list.
    If you have a CDL, you are on a list.
    If you have a Concealed Handgun Permit, you are on a list.
    If you have a rewards card at the grocery store, you are on a list.
    If you have a Debit/Credit card, you are on a list.
    If you have NFA items, you are on a list.

I am not concerned with a list.

Getting upset and calling someone a non-believer because they dismiss your concern is comical. You might as well be standing in the desert yelling Infidel at the foreigners.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If you are a citizen of the United States, you are on a list.
    If you have a social security card, you are on a list.
    If you have a driver's license, you are on a list.
    If you have a TWIC card, you are on a list.
    If you have a CDL, you are on a list.
    If you have a Concealed Handgun Permit, you are on a list.
    If you have a rewards card at the grocery store, you are on a list.
    If you have a Debit/Credit card, you are on a list.
    If you have NFA items, you are on a list.

I am not concerned with a list.

Getting upset and calling someone a non-believer because they dismiss your concern is comical. You might as well be standing in the desert yelling Infidel at the foreigners.

To be fair most of the list you listed (your list is on a list by the way) are benign and assembled for benign reasons. A list of potential gun owners could have some negative impacts.

In an extra-constitutional attack on American gun owners a list like this could be used as a confiscation agenda. I have many reasons as to why that would not be a likely outcome, but we don’t want to be walled in either before we realize that maybe it could happen.

Plus if such a list exists based on NICS approvals it would be an unlawfully assembled list, and should be destroyed.

Now here’s my logical path.

Is it probable it exists? Yes
    Am I on it? Mostly likely
    Can any good come from me being on that list? Most likely not
    Realistically is there anything I can do? Not that I know
    So my question still stands if a covert illegal list exists, what then?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    To be fair most of the list you listed (your list is on a list by the way) are benign and assembled for benign reasons. A list of potential gun owners could have some negative impacts.

In an extra-constitutional attack on American gun owners a list like this could be used as a confiscation agenda. I have many reasons as to why that would not be a likely outcome, but we don’t want to be walled in either before we realize that maybe it could happen.

Plus if such a list exists based on NICS approvals it would be an unlawfully assembled list, and should be destroyed.

Now here’s my logical path.

Is it probable it exists? Yes
    Am I on it? Mostly likely
    Can any good come from me being on that list? Most likely not
    Realistically is there anything I can do? Not that I know
    So my question still stands if a covert illegal list exists, what then?

Benign? Yes. Can they be misused like any other list? Yes.

We're mostly on the same page. I don't invest in Reynolds Wrap, nor do I fear the Big Igloo is nigh.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Benign? Yes. Can they be misused like any other list? Yes.

We're mostly on the same page. I don't invest in Reynolds Wrap, nor do I fear the Big Igloo is nigh.

Yeah something to consider but entirely out of our control.

But with the way our country is currently is headed the boogaloo will come from the violent left. Trump has flipped the 9th Circus (intentional) Court. He’s put a total of 193 judges on the bench in 3 years to Obama’s 392 in 8. With the circus that has taken place caused by the leftist FBI agents, I’m certain Trump has put the DOJ and the intelligence community on notice.

I say give it 4 more years and let’s talk about if this potential clandestine list is something we should be concerned about.

I’m not the guy to give President Trump a ringing endorsement on all fronts, but we have definitely made a shift back away from Statism.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah something to consider but entirely out of our control.

But with the way our country is currently is headed the boogaloo will come from the violent left. Trump has flipped the 9th Circus (intentional) Court. He’s put a total of 193 judges on the bench in 3 years to Obama’s 392 in 8. With the circus that has taken place caused by the leftist FBI agents, I’m certain Trump has put the DOJ and the intelligence community on notice.

I say give it 4 more years and let’s talk about if this potential clandestine list is something we should be concerned about.

I’m not the guy to give President Trump a ringing endorsement on all fronts, but we have definitely made a shift back away from Statism.

Pretty sure Trump hasn't done diddle squat for gun owners.....?

Attachments

• trump 2nd.jpg
      trump 2nd.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 112

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Pretty sure Trump hasn't done diddle squat for gun owners.....?

As you know I have been quite critical of the president’s bump stock ban, and his lack of a stance for the 2A, but conservative judges and cleaning house at the Alphabet Agencies (if he has any sense) is more than we have got as a community from Washington in over 30 years.

Last edited:

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    If there is such a list, and I strongly feel that there is, I am most certainly on it. I'm in E Texas and have a Texas CHL as well as a federal C&R license. I would think those two things would insure being on a list.

alecgreen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    There's no doubt the government has a list of gun owners. Every gun sale from a retail store has to be approved by the government. I believe this is why they are attempting to make All sales including gun shows and face to face transactions fall under federal law and be required to follow the same approval process. Our government is much more sinister than many people believe wiretapping and recording every phone call made in America is the least of what they're capable of.
    The IDEALS of our Constitution are great but all the amendments have made most of our Rights null and void.
    Democracy is based on the moral imperative and wants of the people. Revolting is a part of democracy. Try to stand up and demand your rights be restored and you'll quickly find yourself in a cell. Explain your case thoroughly to a judge and after he agrees with you he'll sentence you to a long stretch in a maximum security federal prison.
    They want a list to know when and where to go to when the time arises that the masses do decide ok enough this experiment has failed and we will take it from here on out.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Some shops are paperless now. I wonder how that info is stored and or transferred? Privacy, just like true political choice is just an illusion. They all hang out in the same treehouse and continue to pass laws to remove power from the people.

There are NO paperless shops in the good ole USA. That information is printed and deleted. Paper files are kept on all purchases.

Stores use the E-Check system because their employees are having difficulties checking the forms for errors. I've missed mistakes, myself, and have had to call customers to correct form.

The advantage in using the paper forms is that the government, (You and I), pay for the paper and ink. It's really quite a bit cheaper for the shop to order free forms.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    There are NO paperless shops in the good ole USA. That information is printed and deleted. Paper files are kept on all purchases.

Stores use the E-Check system because their employees are having difficulties checking the forms for errors. I've missed mistakes, myself, and have had to call customers to correct form.

The advantage in using the paper forms is that the government, (You and I), pay for the paper and ink. It's really quite a bit cheaper for the shop to order free forms.

So the FFL isn’t allowed to maintain those files digitally?

I know Bass Pro and Wally World do things electronically and that has been one of a few reason to lean on the local guys for my gun purchases

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I just assume they compile/keep/store the information, no matter what I'm told by my government. You know, like Rusty Shackleford says, "That's what they want you to think!" The Corps once collected a Buccal DNA swab from me should some miniscule remains of mine ever be found had I shipped out to combat and gotten blown to bits. Is it likely that it's just sitting in a less than ideally monitored and controlled environment storage facility somewhere gathering dust, or was disposed of in a cycle of regular purging following my final discharge? Sure. Is it just as likely that someone along the way said "hey, the best way to prevent worry about those samples from degrading would be to just go ahead and process them and create a database now," so that my DNA is already in a searchable database? I just assume the latter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom