Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mountainair26 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback, will definitely check-out the FRC range and find out what she prefers to shoot and handle before making that decision. S&W EZ looks like a great option I had not considered.
    If you can go to FRC on a Thursday night, ladies shoot for 1/2 price and FREE gun rentals!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ,'';=====-
    !

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

One other little plug for the S&W 380EZ:

The 380EZ magazines work very much like many of the .22LR magazines, in that the follower has little finger pads on both sides of the magazine that make it really easy to depress the follower. I don't need any speedloader to quickly fill a mag with cartridges.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

User Info Menu

That's a great idea by FRC on Thursdays, do they usually run that deal or is it one week only? can't make it this particular Thursday.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mountainair26 View Post
    That's a great idea by FRC on Thursdays, do they usually run that deal or is it one week only? can't make it this particular Thursday.
    Typically every Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ,'';=====-
    !

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Go to a range where you can rent handguns. Let her shoot multiple guns. Then let her pick what she is comfortable with.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    This.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

User Info Menu

The range/rental idea was the best suggestion.

I'd just like to point out that the .380 EZ comes with and without an external safety, I'm not sure about the 9mm version.

I have the external safety and had to send it back for a recall even though I never had the problem of the external safety being set to on while firing, even after 500 rounds so I still believe the problem was more of a grip issue by some people

My .380 EZ seems to prefer hotter loads but I like to shoot plates anyway, with the little bugger, so I use close to the high-end loads.

And yes, I have to place my shots in the top half of the plate to reliably drop them.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

I vote to take her to the range two or three times and let her shoot different handguns in different orders. Between what has been recommended above, I recommend a M&P Shield 2.0. I'd also recommend letting her shoot the P365 and a few of the smaller 9mm Glocks. Where/how she'll be carrying it matters. I suspect she'll like the 365 over the shield, but keep us posted!
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I would have her go on ladies night and buy her what she likes.
    Also back when this was 1st posted my wife read the title and says is he sure he wants to buy a gun for his wife and girlfriend? Just the way she read the title

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    I would have her go on ladies night and buy her what she likes.
    Also back when this was 1st posted my wife read the title and says is he sure he wants to buy a gun for his wife and girlfriend? Just the way she read the title
    HAHA that's funny, thanks for all the good recommendations.
    Wife thinks the slide on my Walther PPQ M2 is too hard to pull back regularly, but only more time at the range will tell. Her hands are on the small side, even for a female, but she seems to handle a pistol very well. The sig 365 looks really good, I want one for myself after researching it. SAS version looks bad-a, don't know how I'd do without a front sight though.
    Hopefully my one and only and I will be at FRC on Thursday to try out different pistols so she can keep forming her own opinion on what will work for her. Thanks to all
    Last edited by mountainair26; March 15th, 2020 at 05:30 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If she is having issues with pulling the slide back S&W has the 380EZ and 9mm EZ lines that have easier slide pull back.