Opinions?? Walther CCP M2 - Good choice for Wife/Girlfriend carry/defense pistol?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mountainair26

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Lafayette, La
    Thanks, we stopped by a gun store just to see how the grips felt in her hand and pull back some slides. She tried the EZ, the G43, the p365, a few Walthers, and a couple other various pistols recommended by the saleman. She narrowed it down to the G43 and the p365 just from the grips and working the slides, dry firing, that kind of thing. She said the slides were all close enough to pull back between all of them that the EZ distinction wasn't noticeable for her.
    My pistol is a full size 5" walther ppq m2, so maybe it's just all easier compared to that larger pistol for her. Anyway, my takeaway was the P365 is an awesome gun, and the S&W EZ has a very nice trigger for what it is, I didn't notice the grip safety getting in the way at all or being awkward. But that's all from dry firing and playing with unloaded guns in a store, we'll see what happens when she actually starts shooting some rounds with it ... and if I can find enough 9mm ammo anywhere:x:

mountainair26

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Lafayette, La
    Thanks again for all the tips. Just to post how it all ended up: After handling a lot of pistols and shooting most of them at the range, it was pretty much a dead tie for my wife between the 43X and the P365. The 43 grip size was too small for her, even though that's what she was looking for originally. When comparing the slide pull back and lock with the EZ against most of the similar-size pistols, they were all pretty much tied for pulling back the slide. I think it's just a full size pistol that was giving her trouble.
    Anyway, she ended up deciding on the P365 by a hair because it felt a little better in her hand and she shot it just a tad better. Really could have just as easily been happy with the 43x I think, really close call when shooting them back to back. But the sig is just a tad smaller and I'm glad she picked it, I might have to get one for myself. Being just a bit smaller, maybe she'll carry it more often than leave it at home when we get to that stage. So far over 300 rounds down the barrel and zero issues or malfunctions. For such a small pistol, she was still having fun shooting it after 250+ rounds, the recoil is really nice and it's a good shooter IMO. Definitely a comfortable carry choice for giving you ten rounds of 9mm and decent stock sights.
    Sig seems to have ironed out all the first-gen striker issues, all of the striker marks on the spent brass/primers were very clean. Will update if it has some failure or malfunction as we plan to shoot with it a good bit for practice. For my first sig brand pistol (i'm usually into glocks in general) I think she made a good choice.
    Thanks for all the tips and the people at FRC range for being so helpful.

Last edited:

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    Its great to see someone took the time to pick the right one. Of all the smaller 9mm guns I shoot regularly the CCP is the one that feels the best for me and the one I shoot the best. Even with the crappy sights. I will be researching the new version because as said, as many times as I have cleaned the one I have, I still dread the task. It has been flawless in performance, even with some sketchy ammo.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    Glad you found something that works for her.

For guns in this size, I like the Shield the best. It shoots like a much larger gun. A LOT less recoil than the Kahr PM 9 I had years ago.

I tried the 43X (rented it), but it had more recoil than a Shield.

So, after some time has passed - how is she liking the gun?

Top Bottom