What brand to use for your next AR build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't know who put this together but I thought I'd share it.

ot4y48n5yc5r2g4sfdgr.jpg

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My eyes aren’t what they used to be. Where’s Rock River in there?

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Anderson and Del-Ton don't belong with the rest

Move Midwest Up and Colt and FN seem overrated at this point

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    This is what I read...
    The manufacturers on top are mad at the ones on bottom for cutting into their profit margin. So we cooked up this ******** list in an attempt to discredit them . Hoping that consumers will flock to retailers and buy our overpriced stuff that's collecting dust in our warehouse.
    Did I miss anything ?

Not everyone can afford a Ferrari
    Some people are happy with a Ford
    Some people are grateful they own a pinto.
    If they all get you from point a 2 b then who cares what the brand name is ?*♂️
    Rock it if you got it !!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    There's a lot left off the list, but I will say I have a little bit of everything on that list and my DD doesn't shoot nearly as accurately as my seekins to be considered on the same tier. My noveske would probably be my most accurate, and my PSA is the least reliable. ZERO issues with my spikes, BCM, Smith and Wesson, bushmaster, and sigs.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    What surprises me the most is that folks will actually argue about a list like this.
    It’s entertainment not gospel.

And, for the record, my AR is better than yours.
    ;)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is what I read...
    The manufacturers on top are mad at the ones on bottom for cutting into their profit margin. So we cooked up this ******** list in an attempt to discredit them . Hoping that consumers will flock to retailers and buy our overpriced stuff that's collecting dust in our warehouse.
    Did I miss anything ?

I don't think HK, KAC, or LMT care much about "the ones at the bottom." Those companies mostly use proprietary parts and run off government contracts. So I would say you missed a lot.

There's a lot left off the list, but I will say I have a little bit of everything on that list and my DD doesn't shoot nearly as accurately as my seekins to be considered on the same tier. My noveske would probably be my most accurate, and my PSA is the least reliable. ZERO issues with my spikes, BCM, Smith and Wesson, bushmaster, and sigs.

I've never been a fan of DD, for many reasons. After seeing them assemble multiple rifles, I would spend my money elsewhere. SOLGW and BCM are tough to beat in the same price range.

I've yet to mess with a complete Seekins rifle, but I have a few of their LPK's and I'm happy with them.

SOLGW being in the Mid-Tier is laughable.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What surprises me the most is that folks will actually argue about a list like this.
    It’s entertainment not gospel.
    ;)
    No doubt, haha.
    While there are definitely a few names at the bottom I won’t consider for most parts, that list is about price point. Not necessarily about functional quality. Whoever created the meme obviously went from highest dollar AR and worked their way down. Yeah yeah, ‘you get what you pay for’ will likely come up at this point, but by now there are enough home builders who’ve passed the 100 mark and know what’s what. There’s a reason why I bought a handful of Anderson HBAR carbine barrels at $121 each to my door and it’s got nothing to do with who’s name was on the box. I can say the same for the $59 PSA premium BCG’s or they’re built lowers with Magpul parts and EPT triggers for $159.
    It’s funny, not too long ago you could count Aero in that poverty line but they started charging more for their parts and putting the fairy dust on them. You know, that more fashion conscious eye appealing or tactical gimmick magic that some of them do. The things that would hardly matter after a little time in most any theater after the first dozen good dings and that aluminum starting to show through the worn finish.

That’s a good meme Perez. I’m gonna keep it and share it. But a buyer’s guide it is not.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom