New Charger Cop Cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Found this picture.

Attachments

• CopCar.jpg
      CopCar.jpg
      98.9 KB · Views: 277

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The police shouldn't hide while doing their job.

Agreed, but I’m sure it helps boost the traffic revenue to blend in and money talks, so...

Although I’ve only seen one Louisiana State Trooper car with the ghost markings around Denham writing tickets

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Agreed, but I’m sure it helps boost the traffic revenue to blend in and money talks, so...

Although I’ve only seen one Louisiana State Trooper car with the ghost markings around Denham writing tickets

A visible trooper will reduce speeding WAY more than one hiding. More importantly a visible trooper will stop people from doing stupid **** behind the wheel. Unfortunately for the government it won't generate as much revenue. I am not sold on the speeding laws under the majority of highway driving conditions.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    As if I could avoid throwing my 2 cents in...

I’m of the opinion that ghost decaling a traffic enforcement unit is dumb and here’s why.

The department will tell you the goal is to catch aggressive and dangerous drivers when the presence of a plainly marked unit would detour the behavior. Nevermind the marked unit did it’s job perfectly. And while aggressive behavior is frustrating, potentially dangerous and could lead to road rage criminal acts, it’s usually someone trying to have a little fun, or someone having a $hitty day. Neither are excuses for endangering me or my family but it’s not exactly the crime of the century either.

Problem is people learn quickly. I acknowledge every vehicle on the road that has a frequently used interceptor counterpart in our area, so if I notice and adjust my behavior as mild-mannered driver with the occasional heavy foot and fun loving spirit, you can bet the a-holes notice too.

Next problem when the decals aren’t clearly visible and we become comfortable stopping for vehicles not properly marked then we open ourselves up more to be victims of impersonators.

So now this car that has little to no additional benefit to the public over a proper unit and, could potentially make us less safe because it’s easier to fake.

The optics to the average citizen is often gotcha police work. Which only henders public relations. I’ve never hid my opinion on speed limits vs appropriate and safe speeds. There are many places where speed limits are woefully low compared to modern vehicles capabilities. We can blame it on the old lady’s who whine and complain, inept political officials, or a creative taxing measure that doesn’t require a vote. Sometimes it’s all, none and anywhere in between.

For a guy who drives 35,000 or more miles every year I find more often than not if I’m not behaving like a horse @ss they don’t even give me a second glance. One State Trooper waives when we pass one another but I work in a small town so we see one another from time to time. I have fell victim to what I would perceive as gotcha police work many times in my life as well as been caught truly misbehaving a couple times.

Part of the problem with the perception is the giraffe rear-end high fines associated with such minor infractions. I once had a misdemeanor cost me less than most of my a speeding tickets in the last 10 years. The traffic cam-scams that have taken this country by storm really reinforces the perception that in many cases traffic enforcement is a revenue stream.

Is perception entirely fair? No
    But it is most people’s reality.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Traffic enforcement is a revenue stream. If it weren’t, you would not see near as many people getting stopped and departments would not spend near as much on speed detection equipment and training.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have seen 500:1 people slow down when seeing a marked cop car on side of the road and drive safer even if he ain’t shooting radar and he’s just writing up, vs the 1 person you got into his back pocket and the other 500 just drove by... and the cop sitting on side of the road still gets the occasional aggressive stupid people who are playing on there phone and still speed by asking for a ticket

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I personally like to see a Unit with Markings on it. That lets me know that someone is Patrolling and doing what we pay them to do, and that is, To Protect Us and Serve to Make our Lives Safer.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The goal of the police is to both deter crime and to punish those that commit crimes. If the entire fleet consisted of unmarked cars or ghost cars, the "it's about revenue" people would have a point. It doesn't so they don't. There is, and should be, a few cars to see how people behave when the cops aren't seen. It's the same idea as undercover work. And, again, if you have to see the police to know when it's time to do what's right, you're probably not as good of a person as you think you are.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If you see one LSP,Then there's another one around as a rule,They tend too run in pairs around here.

The income generator in the town of Washington lead to what is called ''The Washington speed law'' on the interstate.

These dudes and dudettes were so bad that they almost destroyed local business around the town of Washington....Almost everyone stopped going into the place and spending money locally !

RWS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Folsom, LA
    If you drive around following the traffic laws, have you ever noticed how many law enforcement vehicles zoom past you in traffic?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I do not pull over for unmarked vehicles.

Ghost marking a vehicle is an unmarked vehicle in my estimation.

I'll call 911 and report the incident, while driving to the nearest police station.

If the Popo don't like that, tough. Ride in a plainly marked car.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The goal of the police is to both deter crime and to punish those that commit crimes. If the entire fleet consisted of unmarked cars or ghost cars, the "it's about revenue" people would have a point. It doesn't so they don't. There is, and should be, a few cars to see how people behave when the cops aren't seen. It's the same idea as undercover work. And, again, if you have to see the police to know when it's time to do what's right, you're probably not as good of a person as you think you are.

We all know every police department in the history of the united states is funded by seat belt tickets. I know because my brother's friend's uncle's cousin's stepson was a cop.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Problem is people learn quickly. I acknowledge every vehicle on the road that has a frequently used interceptor counterpart in our area, so if I notice and adjust my behavior as mild-mannered driver with the occasional heavy foot and fun loving spirit, you can bet the a-holes notice too.

I don't do traffic and I drive a car that doesn't have a decal but it does have the interceptor badge on the back and a light on the rear deck. Just this morning I had someone decide he would attempt to influence my driving by tailgating me. Due to the volume of traffic, I could neither speed up nor move over so I'm not sure what he thought I could do different.

In a separate incident, I was at a stop sign waiting to turn left onto a well traveled road with one lane for each direction. There was a steady stream of cars that made it difficult to find the space and the damp street made me not take and chances. A guy coming up behind me hit his horn as he pulled up. Then he decided to hit his horn again while I was waiting for an opening. Assuming he wanted to have a conversation with me, I hit my back lights and got out to see how I could assist him. Before I could ask him, he said "I'm sorry, I was just being an a-hole."

My car also has a spotlight on the A pillar and I wear a uniform. So everyday I see people's driving behavior change once they recognize there is a police car in the area. If I'm in the right lane, I'll see people in my rear view mirror catching up to me at a decent rate of speed in the left lane. Then I'll lose them in my blind spot because they see the spot light and hit the brakes. I also see people trying to drive with their face in a phone. A quick tap on the horn and they drop their phone and start paying attention to the road.

So I cannot agree that all the a-holes adjust their behavior when they see a car in the area that has an interceptor counterpart because they don't adjust their driving when they are behind a car with an interceptor badge.

Top Bottom