New Charger Cop Cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Wow-what a thread I started I just wanted to show how they looked. As there are not many cars that a department has to pick from nowadays.
    I thought they would be a great car with or without Decals.
    I still see cars from the 90's on the road good to see that "Some Departments" have they $ to give some a new car.
    Nothing like that "New Car High" And Cops live in a car.
    The other day I saw my buddies old car on the road. Man, it is "Old" now Real Old!
    I have no idea who has it but was astonished that it is still out there.
    I know when I finally dropped $ on a new work truck for the 1st time ever. As I was tired of repairs and high fuel usage. As well as the long hours I spent in it. It was like night and day.
    The Ghost or not does not bother me

I agree. It didn't take long for it to turn into what the police should or shouldn't be doing. When a department specs out a vehicle for bid, they specify rear wheel drive. Not many rear wheel dive vehicles left.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Criminals will be criminals and will find opportunities. They won't simply go away because a method isn't working. Your solution will simply shift crime and make the police less effective.

Disagree one you used the word crime as if I’m expecting the police to handicap themselves at fighting crime. All I asking is not use covert tactics to punish people for minor infractions because it will create an opportunity for bad people to take advantage of vulnerable people.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Criminals will do what ever they can.
    Pretend to be the police. Go to home and pretend to be the Atmos Gas Company's man. Or the electric man from Entergy.
    Any many more.

You are correct but would you tolerate the atmos people driving nondescript vehicles or not wearing a high vis shirt that says meter reader?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Perez help me out. This is the story as I remember it but I was a causal observer in the area. Here’s how I remember the story.

After Katarina some NOPD police uniforms were stolen. If I remember correctly all of NOPD stopped wearing a certain color. It was years before that color was reinstated.

Mu memory sucks so help me where I fell down.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Perez help me out. This is the story as I remember it but I was a causal observer in the area. Here’s how I remember the story.

After Katarina some NOPD police uniforms were stolen. If I remember correctly all of NOPD stopped wearing a certain color. It was years before that color was reinstated.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    You are correct but would you tolerate the atmos people driving nondescript vehicles or not wearing a high vis shirt that says meter reader?
    Meter readers job isn't to protect and serve the community nor does it allow them to take money out of pockets for traffic violations. Total different level of but I get what your sayin.
    Look, I can't tell you the last time I've been pulled over, I don't drive like an *******. That doesn't change how I feel when I see others being pulled over by an unmarked for traffic violations. It just burns. It is a step in the wrong direction from protect and serve to big brother feelings.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Allegedly a bunch of uniforms were stolen out of a dry cleaners and they decided the uniform needed to be changed. I’m sure since the feds were picking up the bill that may have had an added influence on that move. We changed uniforms and after I left to seek employment elsewhere, they went back to the traditional uniform.

Oh, my one uniform at the dry cleaner was on the second floor and I managed to get it back a few months later.

There were many NOPD myths after Katrina. Don’t believe all of them.

Oh, some pics...
    878b5c309cf22c08baa62c398deb715e.plist
    dd2e3eba612e53932a6203bae3d7b052.jpg

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Criminals will do what ever they can.
    Pretend to be the police. Go to home and pretend to be the Atmos Gas Company's man. Or the electric man from Entergy.
    Any many more.

It’s also worth noting that it’s not compulsory for you to stop and interact with an Atmos guy so the risk for a fake Atmos guy may be greater in frequency but no where near the severity of a fake police officer.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Disagree one you used the word crime as if I’m expecting the police to handicap themselves at fighting crime. All I asking is not use covert tactics to punish people for minor infractions because it will create an opportunity for bad people to take advantage of vulnerable people.

I know what you're asking and it's a stupid request. The net effect would less effective police which would likely lead to an increase in crime. The bad people would not miraculously turn good. They would move on to other vulnerable people. And since you took away the not so easily detected police cars, the police would have lost that tactic to catch them. Your solution is a bad one. By expecting the police to get rid of unmarked cars you're expecting them to use less effective methods. That's handicapping themselves.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Allegedly a bunch of uniforms were stolen out of a dry cleaners and they decided the uniform needed to be changed. I’m sure since the feds were picking up the bill that may have had an added influence on that move. We changed uniforms and after I left to seek employment elsewhere, they went back to the traditional uniform.

Oh, my one uniform at the dry cleaner was on the second floor and I managed to get it back a few months later.

There were many NOPD myths after Katrina. Don’t believe all of them.

Oh, some pics...
    878b5c309cf22c08baa62c398deb715e.plist
    dd2e3eba612e53932a6203bae3d7b052.jpg

So do you believe the alleged theft of the uniforms influenced the change? Because that was what I was getting at.

It is good to know my memory matched up pretty well with the widely told story even if it might have been a touch exaggerated.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I know what you're asking and it's a stupid request. The net effect would less effective police which would likely lead to an increase in crime. The bad people would not miraculously turn good. They would move on to other vulnerable people. And since you took away the not so easily detected police cars, the police would have lost that tactic to catch them. Your solution is a bad one. By expecting the police to get rid of unmarked cars you're expecting them to use less effective methods. That's handicapping themselves.

Stop referring to traffic violations as crime it’s not a crime. Covert traffic enforcement isn’t fighting crime. Sure you may get a dirtbag off the streets by incident of a traffic stop, but saying not using unmarked cars for the explicit purpose of catching traffic violations is handicapping you in your quest to fight crime is disingenuous.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Stop referring to traffic violations as crime it’s not a crime. Covert traffic enforcement isn’t fighting crime. Sure you may get a dirtbag off the streets by incident of a traffic stop, but saying not using unmarked cars for the explicit purpose of catching traffic violations is handicapping you in your quest to fight crime is disingenuous.

You can go to jail for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Just because you only see a speeder or a line cutter stopped by an unmarked unit does not mean that's all they do. Removing the unmarked from the street removes them from the street. And you can't say "just pull over the really bad one" because you don't know the bad ones until after they are pulled over. And as was pointed out, you can be arrested for traffic violations.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So do you believe the alleged theft of the uniforms influenced the change? Because that was what I was getting at.

It is good to know my memory matched up pretty well with the widely told story even if it might have been a touch exaggerated.

The official NOPD shirt is also a bus driver shirt. You can find them or something similar enough by searching for "bus driver uniform shirts blue." Since you can buy them now, I doubt the theft of the uniform shirts then was a factor. It was more likely the department needed new uniforms fast and the ones they got were ones the feds were willing to pay for.

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/bus-driver-shirt-18716168662.html

http://www.imagefirstuniforms.com/atc/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=257

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s also worth noting that it’s not compulsory for you to stop and interact with an Atmos guy so the risk for a fake Atmos guy may be greater in frequency but no where near the severity of a fake police officer.

Huh? You must have confirmation bias. There are plenty of home invasions that start with impersonating a utility worker. I would bet that happens much more frequently than impersonating an officer. Just about everyone in a neighborhood has the same cable or energy company. And most people don't know all of the FedEx and UPS workers who are assigned to their city. And unlike the fake police who stop you on the street, once the fake utility worker makes it in the house, he has the vulnerable victim isolated from the rest of the world.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Huh? You must have confirmation bias. There are plenty of home invasions that start with impersonating a utility worker. I would bet that happens much more frequently than impersonating an officer. Just about everyone in a neighborhood has the same cable or energy company. And most people don't know all of the FedEx and UPS workers who are assigned to their city. And unlike the fake police who stop you on the street, once the fake utility worker makes it in the house, he has the vulnerable victim isolated from the rest of the world.

We see a good bit of home invasions where they pose as maintenance men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    About three weeks ago my wife and I were traveling to Houston. There were four “ghost” troopers working the area between Grosse Tête and the Atchafalaya bridges: 2 Tahoes and 2 Chargers. At the time they had pulled over 2 different out of state-ers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom