Beretta 92FS COMPACT, NEW $499

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Looks like shipping is $20. That’s a great deal. And, according to the pictures, these are the Italian made ones. Nice.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This is a good deal. Went to the gun show in Gonzales, saw one police trade in 92 and they wanted $600 :rofl:
    oh good lord. Guess they really didn’t wanna sell.
    I went ahead and bit the bullet last night and ordered one. I couldn’t help myself.
    Stay tuned for my divorce sale coming soon! Lol

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I see some Beretta 92’s advertised as “17+1”. (92FS-A1, with rail) Not at that price of course.

Is that just a different mag? An online article stated Beretta changed 92 versions because the Taurus PT92 was “17+1”.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I see some Beretta 92’s advertised as *17+1*. (92FS-A1, with rail) Not at that price of course.

Is that just a different mag? An online article stated Beretta changed 92 versions because the Taurus PT92 was *17+1*.
    Absolutely can get the 17 round beretta mags for 30 bucks or less sometimes. The A1 is a different animal but the differences are minimal and some plastic parts

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

Once I noticed it, I can't unsee it. Apparently it came about when they started making the 96, and the tapered/slanted dust cover provided extra frame strength for the .40. Rather than make two separate lower receivers/frames for the 92 series and the 96, Beretta just started using the tapered frame on 92s also.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Beretta 92FS NEW $429

Once I noticed it, I can't unsee it. Apparently it came about when they started making the 96, and the tapered/slanted dust cover provided extra frame strength for the .40. Rather than make two separate lower receivers/frames for the 92 series and the 96, Beretta just started using the tapered frame on 92s also.

Oh I got you now. I guess that is a dust cover. I never thought about the difference in the regular frame. I have both a 92 and 96 with the rail but don’t care for it. Doesn’t hurt performance tho. I never could get used to the Inox finish but still like my stainless 92.
    I gotta say that I’m very displeased to see Beretta using polymer parts nowadays. I feel fortunate to have picked up some super low cost steel replacement parts kits complete with one grip panel (it’s a GI thing) and also extractor and spring for when I wanna do a rebuild. That’s the only thing I’ve ever had fail on a 92. My first police trade in with some serious miles on it.
    Lastly, if you really like the way they shoot and feel, you owe yourself a compact. Beretta got that one right for sure.
    d404c3982f2a7d0de182818046db84fd.jpg

dc19ca394bcedb1c149cc109a7cea945.jpg

Last edited:

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Absolutely can get the 17 round beretta mags for 30 bucks or less sometimes. The A1 is a different animal but the differences are minimal and some plastic parts

Which parts are plastic on this one? I do not know much about the 92 series but always liked the look.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Which parts are plastic on this one? I do not know much about the 92 series but always liked the look.
    They are a dream to shoot compared to most auto’s. They rate up there with the P-08, 1911 and a couple others for me. Trigger, safety lever and op rod are plastic on some of the newer stock but easily replaced.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you like the Beretta 92, you might like the Beretta 84 “Cheetah” or the Browning BDA 380. The Cheetah looks like a smaller version of the 92.

The BDA was made by Beretta. The Cheetah has the cut-away slide like the 92. The Browning version does not.

My family enjoys shooting it. When we go to the range my “kids” (30-somethings) always argue over who gets the BDA first.

A Cheetah or a BDA is a nice baby brother to a 92.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom