User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JCcypress View Post
    I'm a fan of the 92 series, but that tapered dust cover makes my brain hurt
    .....whut you talkin bout cypress...
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Gun Trust Lawyer

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Once I noticed it, I can't unsee it. Apparently it came about when they started making the 96, and the tapered/slanted dust cover provided extra frame strength for the .40. Rather than make two separate lower receivers/frames for the 92 series and the 96, Beretta just started using the tapered frame on 92s also.

Last edited by JCcypress; March 10th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Beretta 92FS NEW $429

Quote Originally Posted by JCcypress View Post

Once I noticed it, I can't unsee it. Apparently it came about when they started making the 96, and the tapered/slanted dust cover provided extra frame strength for the .40. Rather than make two separate lower receivers/frames for the 92 series and the 96, Beretta just started using the tapered frame on 92s also.

Oh I got you now. I guess that is a dust cover. I never thought about the difference in the regular frame. I have both a 92 and 96 with the rail but donít care for it. Doesnít hurt performance tho. I never could get used to the Inox finish but still like my stainless 92.
    I gotta say that Iím very displeased to see Beretta using polymer parts nowadays. I feel fortunate to have picked up some super low cost steel replacement parts kits complete with one grip panel (itís a GI thing) and also extractor and spring for when I wanna do a rebuild. Thatís the only thing Iíve ever had fail on a 92. My first police trade in with some serious miles on it.
    Lastly, if you really like the way they shoot and feel, you owe yourself a compact. Beretta got that one right for sure.

Last edited by Magdump; March 10th, 2020 at 08:27 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Absolutely can get the 17 round beretta mags for 30 bucks or less sometimes. The A1 is a different animal but the differences are minimal and some plastic parts
    Which parts are plastic on this one? I do not know much about the 92 series but always liked the look.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lesgeaux View Post
    Which parts are plastic on this one? I do not know much about the 92 series but always liked the look.
    They are a dream to shoot compared to most auto’s. They rate up there with the P-08, 1911 and a couple others for me. Trigger, safety lever and op rod are plastic on some of the newer stock but easily replaced.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    They are a dream to shoot compared to most auto’s. They rate up there with the P-08, 1911 and a couple others for me. Trigger, safety lever and op rod are plastic on some of the newer stock but easily replaced.
    You ever receive yours in?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you like the Beretta 92, you might like the Beretta 84 ďCheetahĒ or the Browning BDA 380. The Cheetah looks like a smaller version of the 92.

The BDA was made by Beretta. The Cheetah has the cut-away slide like the 92. The Browning version does not.

My family enjoys shooting it. When we go to the range my ďkidsĒ (30-somethings) always argue over who gets the BDA first.

A Cheetah or a BDA is a nice baby brother to a 92.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    You ever receive yours in?
    Yeah Gator, I got it just a few days after ordering. Not much to celebrate when you have a handful tho. I just couldn’t pass on that deal.