First Presumptive Coronavirus Case in Jefferson Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Fellas. Please help us pharmacist out and do not call freaking out and asking for additional couple months of medicine to be filled with you just picked it up a week ago. And expect Medicaid to pay for it! They don’t pay for meds early. And my phone has been off the hook since I walked in this morning

I can only image what you're going through. It's all over the place where I'm at.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

It's the right move; or at least the logical one. Very hard to cancel parades, major sporting events, church services, festivals, and college classes; without cancelling the K-12's. At least with a straight face.

Besides, if the science holds true that these younger folk are not as susceptible to the effects of "THE CHINESE VIRUS",as the older groups, the understanding of microbiology alone dictates they are at least carrying some form of it!

Generally speaking, these younger kids are filthy little bastards with respect to microbiology!

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    The problem with self-isolation and the school closings is that when it is over and everyone tries to get back to normal it will rear it's ugly head again and it will start all over again. We are only delaying the inevitable.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Fellas. Please help us pharmacist out and do not call freaking out and asking for additional couple months of medicine to be filled with you just picked it up a week ago. And expect Medicaid to pay for it! They don’t pay for meds early. And my phone has been off the hook since I walked in this morning

If I were you pharmacists, I might be expecting the Feds to relax those rules too!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    When I was at Sam's Club to get my regular food you should have seen what the food stamp cards were buying.
    Looked like Hurricane Party Supplies if you were 12 years old.
    That was paid for with the card, the Cash was withdrawn with a card to buy Booze.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    When I was at Sam's Club to get my regular food you should have seen what the food stamp cards were buying.
    Looked like Hurricane Party Supplies if you were 12 years old.
    That was paid for with the card, the Cash was withdrawn with a card to buy Booze.

I am surprised we didn't hear anything about the new SNAP work requirements today.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If I were you pharmacists, I might be expecting the Feds to relax those rules too!

Problem is, this is a rare incidence. Nothing has shut down this many businesses before. For a hurricane, they put legislation in that allowed for emergencies if you are in the direct path of a hurricane and a state of emergency has been called. The zip codes will be programmed in the system. It will allow for an early fill (EARLY NOT EXTRA)

There are no provisions yet for this. So people have the ability to pay for it out of pocket, so be it, I fill it all day long, but don't come yelling at me on why your insurance won't pay for 1-2 additional fills when you just received the medication a week ago. They think I'm withholding their drugs. I'm not. I will fill it so long as someone will pay for it. and if they insurance won't it's up to the patient.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was able to secure toilet paper and water without neutralizing any hostiles.

I also enjoyed the weather while boiling crawfish and drinking beer.

Dark times are upon us... supposedly.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I was able to secure toilet paper and water without neutralizing any hostiles.

I also enjoyed the weather while boiling crawfish and drinking beer.

Dark times are upon us... supposedly.

Wait ? I thought you were the guy whom wasn't buying into this prepping stuff?

Just stocking up on boolits so's you could become a ''Raider''

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is a perfectly normal part of everyday life give it a couple hours it will be light again.

:mamoru:

:rofl: I genuinely laughed. People out here are losing their minds.

Wait ? I thought you were the guy whom wasn't buying into this prepping stuff?

Just stocking up on boolits so's you could become a ''Raider''

I ran low on both, so I bought what I needed, not a ridiculous supply.

People laugh, but we watched two women stock up carts at Wally-World with no less than (10) 24 packs of doodoo paper.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I don't necessarily think all of the cancellations are warranted.

The idea is not that they can stop it. It’s here and it’s going to get worse. But if they don’t slow it down when you get sick and need help there will not be recourses you help you. They are trying to prevent Italy from happening here. In Italy they are making the choice of who to treat and who to let die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    :rofl: I genuinely laughed. People out here are losing their minds.

I ran low on both, so I bought what I needed, not a ridiculous supply.

People laugh, but we watched two women stock up carts at Wally-World with no less than (10) 24 packs of doodoo paper.

Hang on, Now if you start a raiding gang and call it

Diamond Dave's Merry Band of Raiders then I'd like to join up...But only if you have shoulder patches?

I think that would be just Spiffy !!!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I agree. And I have a feeling come April 13 they will extend the school closures.

Maybe so but I fear that there will be a false sense of calm.
    Transmission of disease generally stalls with heat and humidity, something we have plenty of on both items.
    Seclusion coupled with low transmissibility might make a great case for folks thinking there was an overreaction in all the shutdowns and demand all holds be lifted.
    Add this false sense of security to the obvious economic hurdles made oh-so-real by shutdowns and people will be screaming mad.

I predict it will all end abruptly and we will cruise through the Summer only to have it hit hard in the Fall.
    Hope very much that I’m wrong.

Top Bottom