WTS: S&W N Frame 45 ACP revolvers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Greetings,

I have 2 N frame 45 ACP revolvers, both of which have 4" barrels. If we're being honest, I only need one.

Smith and Wesson model 625 PC, $850.
    Smith and Wesson model 325 PC Thunder Ranch, $950.

They are very similar, trigger over travel stops, gold bead front sights, chamfered charge holes, plus whatever bells and whistles come with the Performance Center revolvers.

IMG_20200314_124906.jpgIMG_20200314_125940.jpgIMG_20200314_125518.jpgIMG_20200314_125352.jpg

45 ACP in a revolver is a beautiful thing. If you haven't tried one out, I highly recommend it.

The 325 is a scandium alloy frame with a steel cylinder and outer barrel all with the protective black coat. It has the insert barrel design. I am missing the light rail attachment. It comes with 15 moon clips and the Thunder Ranch canvas pistol case.

The 625 is all stainless with a smooth finish, not polished but definitely smooth. The length of the cylinder is shortened to make the trigger pull a bit easier as a standard feature for this model. This one comes with 5 moon clips and a plastic PC case. I did put some orange nail polish on the gold bead front sight. I'm not particularly fond of the gold bead, but I'm sure the nail polish can be easily removed.

Both are in great shape and both shoot excellent. I really only want to sell one, preferably the 325 so I can have the 625 to shoot in an IDPA match next month. If it comes to it, I'll sell either one or both for the right deals.

Face to face sale, preferably in the Lafayette area, but I get around.

Possible trades with cash one way or the other:
    Nice SW revolvers
    Mossberg 500/590/930, minimum 9 round capacity 12g
    M1 carbine
    A good bolt action 308, but I'll be picky about this one.
    An AR-15 in 556/223, and I'll be picky about this one too.
    Maybe a PCC
    And whatever else. The worst I can do is say no.

Thanks,
    Ryan

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Bump
    The IDPA match I planned to use the 625 in got postponed until whenever. Both are for sale. I can sell some ammo too if you're hurting.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    All I have shot is my 45acp Blackhawk that 625 must be a blast.
    I have that gun on my short list. Tgat is a,great prive too.
    Someone will get a great gun.

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    These are my 3rd and 4th 45 ACP revolvers I've owned. The recoil with either one is a bit stout compared to a full-sized 1911, but not bad for a box or two of ammo on the range. It feels pretty good actually.

I had a different 325 TR about a year ago I used in an IDPA match that I ran with some wooden grips. That one had beat my hand up by the end of the day, but not too bad.

My first 625 had a 5" barrel that I shot in a big USPSA match, about 300 rounds. The extra weight of the stainless steel and surely helped out with the all day recoil.

If both of these sell, I'm sure I'll get another one. I really want one with a 3" barrel, but later on down the road. I'm going to stick with 38s for a while.

When the ranges open up again, I'll be happy to meet up with anyone who wants to take it for a spin. Until then, stay safe.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom