ammo shortages

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I ordered from TargetSportsUSA on Friday and my order shipped today.

I have plenty of ammo, but I will shoot less, might not shoot much at all for the foreseeable future.

The email went out this afternoon.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Ryan: Wait until you open tomorrow. It was INSANE today. Sold every centerfire pistol. Every AR. Everything to build an AR. So much ammo it makes your head spin. Be prepared.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    SGammo stopped taking new orders

From SGAMMO.
    Due to overwhelming order volume over the past week we are not currently accepting new orders. We are currently approximately 10 days behind on filling orders and the priority is going to be given to filling existing orders. We will begin to restore inventory later this week once we have a handle on shipping all orders that have been placed so far. In order to aid us in providing faster service, please do not email to ask when your order will ship unless you need to cancel or change the address. UPS will email tracking info the day the order ships and we are working as fast as we possibly can to fill your orders. We have inventory allocated to fill all existing orders, if you have an order in it will be filled.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Why are people panic buying ammo

With all the businesses closing, people will have loss of work. Then add in all the panic buying of things they didn't expect to need to buy etc. When the money/rent runs short, They will go after your stuff. I already know of a close friend's house being burglarized within the past week. It's only a matter of time before the looting of stores happen also when people run out of food at home.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Doubt it, bayou shooter will full of *just as good* ARs and people trying go to unload *panic ammo* in a few weeks

Prolly so...

1d6be5d40d9db24a3980e47c4729ad78.jpg

Maybe they will run out of cash and pass their credit limit about the time things get restocked..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Maybe we’ll get lucky and the unprepared will start paying big money for AR’s soon. I don’t really believe in selling ammo but I’m all about making money off a cheap ass rifle or....2.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The last time this happened I was in a store. 2 guys were standing there. they got an AK and some cheap 9mm handgun.
    Then they asked for ammo...The guy gets boxes of each puts them on the counter.
    One of them the buyer says what one goes in what gun?
    The guy he knew helping him says Stupid the Big ones go in the big gun! They makes um that way so ya can't mess up!
    My wife almost spit her drink out and walked away giggling.
    They also had a Man who could not write his name so he put a mark. Then they asked the guy with him to witness it. He also put a mark so they had to have someone else witness the witness. Thy come out the wood work

Top Bottom