Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Staff at Our Lady of the Lake hospital as well as satellite facilities and clinics are being threatened with their jobs for attempting to wear masks...
    That’s right. Even if they’ve purchased their own masks they’re being denied the right to protect themselves in a place where the viral load and potential for infection is at its highest. In contrast, all other area hospitals are attempting to protect their staff by any means available, even making it mandatory to wear protective equipment.
    On Friday, employees found wearing masks had them confiscated by administrative personnel. Pregnant nurses were told there are no exceptions.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Staff at Our Lady of the Lake hospital as well as satellite facilities and clinics are being threatened with their jobs for attempting to wear masks...
    That’s right. Even if they’ve purchased their own masks they’re being denied the right to protect themselves in a place where the viral load and potential for infection is at its highest. In contrast, all other area hospitals are attempting to protect their staff by any means available, even making it mandatory to wear protective equipment.
    On Friday, employees found wearing masks had them confiscated by administrative personnel. Pregnant nurses were told there are no exceptions.

Do you have a source for this?

That's going to lead to a major lawsuit if true.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Idiots. That’ll cause them to shut down boating. Then I will go nuts. I took the boat out yesterday and didn’t come into contact with anyone nor did I touch anything besides my boat and truck. They ban fishing I’ll lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't ban boating or fishing.

They will, however, begin to push more restrictions for those on land. There are no restrictions on recreational activities so long as you abide by the people limit.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Meanwhile, down in South Louisiana....

https://www.wbrz.com/news/flotilla-...lar-tickfaw-river-bar-closed-during-shutdown/

Can’t fix stupid.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

South Louisiana???

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like B.S too me Bruh.....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sounds like B.S too me Bruh.....
    Yeah, they’re full of that, no doubt. But they earned a visit from OSHA and DHH, maybe even JCAH. 2 out of 3 TV stations in town thought it was news worthy. WAFB is so far up their ass that they stuck fingers in their ears and did that la-la-la thing...
    I’m wearing my mask and taking names.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town

My wife works for OLOL. This is not totally true. Employees are not allowed to wear “homemade” masks or masks not supplied by the hospital. PPE has to be supplied by the employer.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My wife works for OLOL. This is not totally true. Employees are not allowed to wear “homemade” masks or masks not supplied by the hospital. PPE has to be supplied by the employer.

Well that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My wife works for OLOL. This is not totally true. Employees are not allowed to wear *homemade* masks or masks not supplied by the hospital. PPE has to be supplied by the employer.

Uh, I’m living it dude. Totally true.
    Oh, home made masks huh? I bet that’s the excuse they’ll give if challenged on it, but what I said Is the truth and I stand by it. I’m not the only person that’s got N95 masks and being told not to wear masks period unless giving direct care to a known Covid patient. As far as *Hospital supplied masks* they came and grabbed up every N95 from every unit as soon as this began, so they aren’t supplying masks. And why would they deny an employee the right to protect themself? They refused to give the directive in writing when asked to. Is your wife a nurse at OLOL? Has she talked to any of the nurses here who have been harassed for wearing the proper mask on the job? I have not seen any homemade masks. But if that’s all I had I’d wear it. OSHA told me don’t sweat it, wear a mask if I want and just keep them informed if OLOL takes any action against me whatsoever.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

It might if there were any truth to it

Oh, I forgot to mention, the person I talked to at the Baton Rouge OSHA office, I’ll call him Matt, because that’s the name he gave me.. his wife works at one of the clinics that is only opening one day a week I think he said, going through the same ordeal there.

I believe this:

https://medium.com/@CynicalXennial/...istrators-are-endangering-us-all-b601012f81be

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It might if there were any truth to it

Oh, I forgot to mention, the person I talked to at the Baton Rouge OSHA office, I’ll call him Matt, because that’s the name he gave me.. his wife works at one of the clinics that is only opening one day a week I think he said, going through the same ordeal there.

I believe this:

https://medium.com/@CynicalXennial/...istrators-are-endangering-us-all-b601012f81be

I never figured you for a nurse, but it makes sense now.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    My wife works for OLOL. This is not totally true. Employees are not allowed to wear *homemade* masks or masks not supplied by the hospital. PPE has to be supplied by the employer.

Being familiar with OSHA, there is no, you can't wear your own PPE intention behind this. The employers are required to provide PPE required to do your job safely. In my area this might meant they're willing to provide you the cheapest safety glasses that meet z87. It does not mean that you can't wear a pair of oakleys or other personal glasses that also meet or exceed the requirements. Same with fire retardant clothing, many folks will buy their own that fits better than a Cintas jumpsuit.

In this case, it seems as though the employer is failing to provide PPE in enough quantity to support their workers, and thus likely failing to meet OSHA. But this may be a matter of what the CDC recommends not obligating the hospitals to provide the PPE yet. Likely because there aren't enough resources even if the CDC mandates it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m thinking it’s because they don’t want to waste masks that are in short supply. It sounds like they don’t want you just wearing them all around the hospital so you can save them for dealing with someone with symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom