Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Theres a family in the Hammond area I believe it’s pronounced Win spelled nothing like it sounds they own some Mexican restaurants if memory serves me. A sushi place in Hattiesburg had a bunch of Hispanic looking folks making Sushi rolls last we went. If that sort of thing doesn’t get a smirk you you’re too serious.:mamoru:

Not sure about anyone with the last name Nguyen owning a Mexican restaurant, but the Wongs own a few restaurants in Hammond and they are good people. All shooters too.

The La Carreta in downtown is owned by Saul Rubio.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://youtu.be/AqeVRCF8M60

Beginning at the 15 minute mark is where my point lies. Tells the tale as to actual mortality rates associated with Covid 19 and how those numbers are derived. What’s amazing to me is the number of people who work in hospitals that still believe there’s a 5+% death rate.
    We don’t want it to be worse than it actually is, but apparently there are some who want it to appear worse.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, Quarantine must be over,State boys out today making up for lost moneys on I-10, Got to make up that revenue deficit.....

I hope they're using their ghost cars for maximum revenue intake. They have a lot of time to make up for.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So is this all over?

I would state what I'm hearing from people in the medical field, but I don't want to be accused of spreading bad information again. Do we have a resident expert here to give us an update?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So is this all over?

I would state what I'm hearing from people in the medical field, but I don't want to be accused of spreading bad information again. Do we have a resident expert here to give us an update?

PM me the information and I'll just say I heard it from a source who wishes to remain anonymous.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Still not over by a long shot. Once restrictions ease up and people think it is okay to get abck to normal expect a second round of this going around. Saw on the news today that China and South Korea are experiencing cases again and they are not brought in by travlers. South Korea was held up as an example of how to "eradicate" the virus but looky looky where it has started again. It won't be over until everyone has had it or there is a 100% effective vaccine.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But you’re the police. People on BS don’t trust the police.

We will first need to establish that you are on our side. Can I trust you to carry the message?

Good point. If the message comes from someone you don't trust, the message is automatically false. No verification needed. If you don't like someone, they can never provide accurate information.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Still not over by a long shot. Once restrictions ease up and people think it is okay to get abck to normal expect a second round of this going around. Saw on the news today that China and South Korea are experiencing cases again and they are not brought in by travlers. South Korea was held up as an example of how to "eradicate" the virus but looky looky where it has started again. It won't be over until everyone has had it or there is a 100% effective vaccine.

I don't follow the day to day developments but from the last time I remember hearing anything, there was no conclusion yet as to being able to catch it twice. If that's the case, everyone having had it may not stop it.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I don't follow the day to day developments but from the last time I remember hearing anything, there was no conclusion yet as to being able to catch it twice. If that's the case, everyone having had it may not stop it.

Okay, here’s my best shot at it, and it will frustrate most folks.
    The answer is a definite maybe and a definite maybe not.
    There’s no hard data about the viability of catching it twice available that I can find.
    I have full access to Tulane’s medical archives and come up short.
    There are anecdotal cases noted but nothing I’d take as solid quantitative evidence.
    What’s worse is there is no data on, *herd immunity,* or the idea that we will aggregately use our immunity to overcome the threat worldwide.
    But then again, this goes hand in hand with personal immunity.

See, that didn’t hurt, did it?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Good point. If the message comes from someone you don't trust, the message is automatically false. No verification needed. If you don't like someone, they can never provide accurate information.

In that case, it’s best to put them on ignore and get angry whenever you see they have posted anyway.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I just wanna say to the two people I saw wearing N95's the other day, it is supposed to cover your nose.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a newly emerging fashion statement.
    I see people with masks slung around their necks and pulled under their noses as de rigeur.
    Even worse is when I see folks who are wearing their PPE correctly who pull them down in order to talk to others close by.

I just keep reminding myself that public health has a steep learning curve.
    Most folks just never had the correct instruction to implement PPE.
    They’re not stupid, just uninformed.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Unfortunately, this seems to be a newly emerging fashion statement.
    I see people with masks slung around their necks and pulled under their noses as de rigeur.
    Even worse is when I see folks who are wearing their PPE correctly who pull them down in order to talk to others close by.

I just keep reminding myself that public health has a steep learning curve.
    Most folks just never had the correct instruction to implement PPE.
    They’re not stupid, just uninformed.

You can use google images and find hundreds of pictures of people wearing respirators improperly.

70e53071-7a3c-483b-8b14-cbf92413f6fd.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom