Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Outside of the medical profession, I really don’t know.
    And even there folks are reusing their masks.
    Just look on YouTube for ways to decontaminate a used mask; there are docs around the country who are experimenting with this.
    A true eye opener.

It seems a cottage industry in making masks has cropped up.
    But there is no way of knowing efficacy of the product.
    I’d wager the paint departments at home improvement stores are also empty of masks.

Maybe feed stores for agricultural spray protection?

Yeah, probably best to just wait for this to die out and then when it's all over, get a few masks for the next time something like this happens.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Someone quote me so he can see this.

I will listen to your opinions on this because apparently you’re in healthcare. Do you believe if you are not coughed or sneezed on you are safe? As long as you don’t touch an item that has droplets on it and touch around your face? Can just someone breathing normal infect another person in a room? Seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It’s just basic stuff Motor, for all intents and purposes, the virus in the human host is airborne. It can indeed be transmitted by air. It does indeed survive in the air and air in confined spaces will have more ppm (after a short time) than outdoor air or air being filtered (and removed) in a negative pressure room. Simply put, if it can survive in the air, and it inhabits a body at the cellular level, primarily the lungs and airway, and is in the fluids of your body. Every breath you take exhales humidity, made up from your body’s water content. Humidity is atomized water particles that can contain the virus just like the spray from a good sneeze or cough (even yelling can expel near the same amount of spray as a cough). These are some of the conditions and rules when dealing with Tuberculosis, another airborne illness. Apparently not as contagious as the Covid virus. In the ICU setting if a patient is a possible, we can’t even use high flow humidified oxygen we call Vapotherm or any form of CPAP/BIPAP because it actually increases the atomization of exhaled breaths with the virus and packs it up in a nice little atomized droplet to ride around in the air and infect another host. Pretty much. If I had to haul around potential hosts I would try to talk them into wearing a mask... for their own protection. You absolutely run a strong chance of infection if contaminated hands or anything else touches your face. I did an experiment with my scouts last year that showed them how germs can spread. They each got a different color glitter packet emptied into their hands and they rubbed them together before clapping once and shaking most of it off. Then they all shook the glitter hand of every other boy. All 8 scouts were able to find at least one flake of all 8 colors on them somewhere. Some on the face.
    Touch your forehead and then go wash your hands. Touch your forehead 5 minutes later and pick your nose. Whatever was on your hands before you washed them is now in your nose. How did that happen? It’s just that simple with a virus. It’s also why more times than not, when a family member in your home contracts a 24hour bug, the entire family eventually gets the bug.
    Someone talking in an enclosed space for a minute is potentially a mode of transmission but likely not as much of an exposure as a cough in the face. But talking for an hour and the viral load you’re exposed to is greater, thereby increasing your chances of contracting the virus.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    It’s just basic stuff Motor, for all intents and purposes, the virus in the human host is airborne. It can indeed be transmitted by air. It does indeed survive in the air and air in confined spaces will have more ppm (after a short time) than outdoor air or air being filtered (and removed) in a negative pressure room. Simply put, if it can survive in the air, and it inhabits a body at the cellular level, primarily the lungs and airway, and is in the fluids of your body. Every breath you take exhales humidity, made up from your body’s water content. Humidity is atomized water particles that can contain the virus just like the spray from a good sneeze or cough (even yelling can expel near the same amount of spray as a cough). These are some of the conditions and rules when dealing with Tuberculosis, another airborne illness. Apparently not as contagious as the Covid virus. In the ICU setting if a patient is a possible, we can’t even use high flow humidified oxygen we call Vapotherm or any form of CPAP/BIPAP because it actually increases the atomization of exhaled breaths with the virus and packs it up in a nice little atomized droplet to ride around in the air and infect another host. Pretty much. If I had to haul around potential hosts I would try to talk them into wearing a mask... for their own protection. You absolutely run a strong chance of infection if contaminated hands or anything else touches your face. I did an experiment with my scouts last year that showed them how germs can spread. They each got a different color glitter packet emptied into their hands and they rubbed them together before clapping once and shaking most of it off. Then they all shook the glitter hand of every other boy. All 8 scouts were able to find at least one flake of all 8 colors on them somewhere. Some on the face.
    Touch your forehead and then go wash your hands. Touch your forehead 5 minutes later and pick your nose. Whatever was on your hands before you washed them is now in your nose. How did that happen? It’s just that simple with a virus. It’s also why more times than not, when a family member in your home contracts a 24hour bug, the entire family eventually gets the bug.
    Someone talking in an enclosed space for a minute is potentially a mode of transmission but likely not as much of an exposure as a cough in the face. But talking for an hour and the viral load you’re exposed to is greater, thereby increasing your chances of contracting the virus.

Excellent explanation.
    I really like the glitter experiment.
    Great to teach that to younger folk.
    It will serve them well.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Thanks, I appreciate the response. That’s basically what I understood but wanted to hear first hand experience (there is no substitute for that).

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    651e06103bf0eee5e9f80139659a250c.jpg

1a8cfcda392e8eb0d166150808b9c1c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Too may terms I didn’t understand so my eyes kind of glazed over. Anyone want to take a poke at briefing the rest of us.

Sure, I’ll give it a try.
    Looks like the virus manifests differently than commonly thought.
    Ventilators may not be the key.
    The virus binds with hemoglobin and prevents proper oxygen delivery to the body, thus the person is suffocating as a result.
    There may be meds that are already known that can assist in stopping this.

This is all theoretical, not borne out by measured research.

It is a definite road to an effective treatment if true.

Again, all conjecture borne of current medical discovery, not fact.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Very interesting. I have doubts not knowing this guys background, especially when he said he didn’t know the term because he’s *not a physician*

Me too.
    A lot of doubts.
    It’s anecdotal at best but does not hurt to explore the validity.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Want to add, this is not a definite cure.
    Just a possible point in the right direction so we can figure stuff out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom