Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Trump has ordered the borders closed up tight! Even though I thought that is what we were doing anyway?!? And ordered EVERYONE that crosses undocumented be IMMEDIATELY returned to their country without delay!

This includes Canada, and any OTHER country than Mexico by any other means!

Personally, I think this is 3 YEARS overdue! :rolleyes:

Now, get prepared for the, "he's such a meanie!" crowd to chime in! So, in that regard; if this crisis is as bad as all government entities are stating, any idiot that advocates for border crossings in the name of empathy or whatever their horseshit reasons are, should be SHOOT down like they are a real and imminent threat to our safety!

FIFY !!!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah NY state is going to tank. I wonder if they will deem Wall St non-essential going to be some Black Monday style window jumpings if that happens.

All of the big banks in NYC are considered essential services and are allowed to be opened, but no one is going to the offices there unless they absolutely need to (security, server techs, etc).

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Lol.
    I can always count on you for your signature laissez-faire communication style, hallmarked by compassion and human empathy.
    ;)

Humor is always welcome in these "trying times."

Lol that might be the nuttiest YouTube videos I’ve ever shared.

And that is saying something!

:mamoru:

I've seen many theories on how the two are connected. I can't wait for the theories that connect COVID-19, 5G, and time travel.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Humor is always welcome in these "trying times."

Agreed.

I've seen many theories on how the two are connected. I can't wait for the theories that connect COVID-19, 5G, and time travel.

People love conspiracy drama.
    The more complicated they make their lives, the better for them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Trump ready to get this baby (economy), fired back up!

last night, at presser, "At the end of the 15 day period, we'll make a decision!"

He basically stopped just short of saying, he wasn't interested in a long term shutdown of the country. You had to watch the whole thing, because he wouldn't let the press corps put him in a corner but it was very clear what he is thinking, and what he is intent on doing.

He's not very articulate when it comes to this kind of stuff evidently, but the gist is, the death rate for this virus is far lower than what was first feared. If that is the actual data, he's going to tell people to get back at it!

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Trump ready to get this baby (economy), fired back up!

last night, at presser, "At the end of the 15 day period, we'll make a decision!"

He basically stopped just short of saying, he wasn't interested in a long term shutdown of the country. You had to watch the whole thing, because he wouldn't let the press corps put him in a corner but it was very clear what he is thinking, and what he is intent on doing.

He's not very articulate when it comes to this kind of stuff evidently, but the gist is, the death rate for this virus is far lower than what was first feared. If that is the actual data, he's going to tell people to get back at it!

I really hope that is the case.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I really hope that is the case.

Just to clarify; Trump seems convinced that the number of deaths is wholly and specifically related to the number of cases actually reported. Data to support that has been coming in for about 7-10 days. The medical wing of the task force concurs, but as Dr. Brix stated last night, another week (this last 6 days of the initial 15 days to flatten the curve), will provide even more data that should corroborate Trump's suspicion; but obviously as a doctor, she can't openly say that. Again, the death rate may only be .01 percent in reality, not the 3-4% first thought. If that is the case, that is no worse than a bad flu season.

Trump alluded and Brix concurred, that there are most likely far more cases that are not being reported because the symptoms are not severe enough or are asymptomatic. Particularly in younger healthier adults. It's a numbers game.

Additionally, if the severe risk category for possible fatality as a result of the virus is those that have preexisting conditions, and those over 70, then by the numbers this is just a case of the flu, figuratively speaking. If that is the case in the end, it's just the flu and we work through flu seasons every year!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just to clarify; Trump seems convinced that the number of deaths is wholly and specifically related to the number of cases actually reported. Data to support that has been coming in for about 7-10 days. The medical wing of the task force concurs, but as Dr. Brix stated last night, another week (this last 6 days of the initial 15 days to flatten the curve), will provide even more data that should corroborate Trump's suspicion; but obviously as a doctor, she can't openly say that. Again, the death rate may only be .01 percent in reality, not the 3-4% first thought. If that is the case, that is no worse than a bad flu season.

Trump alluded and Brix concurred, that there are most likely far more cases that are not being reported because the symptoms are not severe enough or are asymptomatic. Particularly in younger healthier adults. It's a numbers game.

Additionally, if the severe risk category for possible fatality as a result of the virus is those that have preexisting conditions, and those over 70, then by the numbers this is just a case of the flu, figuratively speaking. If that is the case in the end, it's just the flu and we work through flu seasons every year!

This is exactly what I've been saying the whole time. It's not as severe as the flu. The media just overhyped it. More people get cases of the flu than this. Many more people die from the flu. We don't shut down the economy over flu season. More and more people that I know, personally, are losing their jobs or taking significant cuts in pay because of this, yet I can't say I know anyone who has tested positive for the virus. I also don't seem to know anyone who knows anyone who has tested positive for it.

Even is 3% of people die from it, is it worth putting 30% of the country out of work? I say no.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is exactly what I've been saying the whole time. It's not as severe as the flu. The media just overhyped it. More people get cases of the flu than this. Many more people die from the flu. We don't shut down the economy over flu season. More and more people that I know, personally, are losing their jobs or taking significant cuts in pay because of this, yet I can't say I know anyone who has tested positive for the virus. I also don't seem to know anyone who knows anyone who has tested positive for it.

Even is 3% of people die from it, is it worth putting 30% of the country out of work? I say no.

No! It is not worth it now that we / they are learning more about this. However, in the onset, and if those scumbag Chinese communists didn't try to hide the truth, we just didn't know. As far as we as a country knew, it was the Black Plague all over again.

Hindsight is 20/20. The Chinese government is not concerned with any other people in the world (including their own), any religion, any other country, or any other country's economy's. If we have politicians that still advocate for these PoS after this, they need to be tried for economic subversion.

Trump has ALWAYS been right about China!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Agreed. Limiting contact with others is important to decreasing the speed at which this thing spreads, but postal workers and packages delivery drivers are still running their routes, and maybe I missed it but I haven’t heard word one about discontinuing those services temporary or otherwise. Meanwhile we are having to lay-off employees that could be working in a socially distant setting because of the hysteria.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Agreed. Limiting contact with others is important to decreasing the speed at which this thing spreads, but postal workers and packages delivery drivers are still running their routes, and maybe I missed it but I haven’t heard word one about discontinuing those services temporary or otherwise. Meanwhile we are having to lay-off employees that could be working in a socially distant setting because of the hysteria.

Yesterday, I was in the camp that thought this was going to be a prolonged slog of depressing day to day hopelessness as my business slowly faded away. After last night, I think everyone is going to be very surprised and very happy come next Monday.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yesterday, I was in the camp that thought this was going to be a prolonged slog of depressing day to day hopelessness as my business slowly faded away. After last night, I think everyone is going to be very surprised and very happy come next Monday.

I hope so we are doing the best we can to keep our guys gainfully employed as more an more places are on Corona-holiday.

Top Bottom