Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yea it was nuts, glad to see some people are being the guinea pigs to see how big wave 2 might be

https://www.nola.com/multimedia/photos/collection_60f6130c-9d5f-11ea-bf08-677192497af7.html

rqu5Rap.png

i'm amazed that these people got out to enjoy life with only a 99.9% chance of surviving the virus if caught, how reckless

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't remember if this has been mentioned but the state recently put out the numbers for nursing homes in louisiana.
    http://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/3965

Total resident cases - 4739 - 11.6% of the 40746 total
    Total resident deaths - 1152 - 42.3% of the 2724 total

The nursing home date was from 05/31/2020 and the totals are from 06/02/2020.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't remember if this has been mentioned but the state recently put out the numbers for nursing homes in louisiana.
    http://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/3965

Total resident cases - 4739 - 11.6% of the 40746 total
    Total resident deaths - 1152 - 42.3% of the 2724 total

The nursing home date was from 05/31/2020 and the totals are from 06/02/2020.

:wtc:

Add to that, most of those were isolated / cutoff from family (because of this BS), and alone when they died.

It truly is the saddest part of this whole thing!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So, we went from Armageddon to all clear (as long as you are protesting). :doh:

Then to top that stupidity off, we are still listening to the WHO, which now say that asymptomatic infections are a non-thing.

When the world finally has a serious mass die-off on the horizon, we are just going to die! Who in their right minds is going to believe ANY of these discredited health experts after this?

There are still lockdown orders in place that mandate no gatherings of more than 12 people, but if it's arm and arm in protest of you may have up to 100 people (though I saw footage of thousands of people so close to each other they could smell each others asses if they tried).

What a joke!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So, we went from Armageddon to all clear (as long as you are protesting). :doh:

Then to top that stupidity off, we are still listening to the WHO, which now say that asymptomatic infections are a non-thing.

When the world finally has a serious mass die-off on the horizon, we are just going to die! Who in their right minds is going to believe ANY of these discredited health experts after this?

There are still lockdown orders in place that mandate no gatherings of more than 12 people, but if it's arm and arm in protest of you may have up to 100 people (though I saw footage of thousands of people so close to each other they could smell each others asses if they tried).

What a joke!

You are surprised? Or just venting.

The double speak complete nonsensical executive actions of political officials should be of no surprise. What is surprising is how unveiled a manner it’s being done and tolerated. The public at large are simple herd animals reacting to fear stimuli.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You are surprised? Or just venting.

The double speak complete nonsensical executive actions of political officials should be of no surprise. What is surprising is how unveiled a manner it’s being done and tolerated. The public at large are simple herd animals reacting to fear stimuli.

Most Americans are just good people at heart. They want to believe their leaders have good intentions; and thus are doing what is in their best interest. These constant changes in conventional wisdom, back dropped with free-for-all looting and rampant destruction should wake a few of them up!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So here we are, 5 months since this crap started, and still no end in sight. Now, another 28 days of phase 2 (which was running businesses out of business already).

I feel bad for you if you have a co-morbid condition, or fall into the age group that has the highest risk factor, but other than that, I really don't care what these so-called health experts say anymore. They have fomented more inaccurate BS about this virus than I care to recall. They never display any humility when it comes to changing their courses of thinking, or when they said something dumb, or patently false; so why care now?

Even though I have severely lessened the amount of news I watch of late, I did happen to see the video of the idiots trying to destroy the Andrew Jackson statue in D.C. last night. Not a peep out of anyone about the potential for the spread of the virus even though those morons were close enough to one another to give each other mouth to mouth resuscitation without moving their heads?!?

The corrupt news media continues to pick and choose who they want to try to make you believe is more likely to spread the virus. White beach goers over black block party participants. Trump rally attendees over rioters. Unmasked grocery store shoppers over "peaceful" protestors. What a complete joke! The hypocrisy, arrogance, and down right falsehoods in information is disgusting! Their malfeasance will get you killed!

If you have an elderly family member you need to make sure they stay indoors and protect them the best you can, because if you think these health officials, politicians, and your chosen news outlets gives a rat's ass about them, you are fooling yourself.

This country has gone mad!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm beginning to see more businesses requiring masks. Some businesses have loosened restrictions, while others have tightened them. If you do any traveling, you are pretty much stuck wearing a mask. So for that, I finally caved and bought one that actually fits. I still find them comically stupid, but if that's the game we must play, so be it. If anything, it helps me avoid talking to people that I don't want to talk to. People see a mask and tend to walk away, rather than towards you.

I'm more concerned with the general lack of ammunition than if I have to wear a silly mask or not.

I've already been to a few restaurants and stores that don't care about the restrictions in place. I was happy to see them not playing by the stupid rules and will happily continue to patronize such places.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    The biggest problem is that anyone can access pre-print servers where scientists drop their papers when they are done with a study and before it gets peer-reviewed. In the rush to get clicks and eyeballs on their stories news outlets are perusing these sites and pushing whatever they find there as fact before the peer-review process takes place that is why you are seeing so much conflicting information it is not because the science is bad but because in the rush to get clicks news outlets are failing us and not talking about peer-reviewed science but about any joe schmo who puts a paper on these pre-print servers.

There has been some blowback like the study that dissed the malaria med whatever it was scientists/doctors looked at the data set used and said it was a bogus paper and the people that published it got a ton of backlash from the medical community and also I think one lost their medical license.

So far from what I have been able to glean from various sources your chance of getting it outside while being a distance away from someone is slim. Indoors with air conditioning and other factors able to keep airborne particles airborne for longer than outside your chances are higher of getting it from someone and that is why they want you to wear masks indoors. If you have it on you don't spread it if you are asymptomatic/symtomatic and if you hve the right mask and don't lick it when you take it off and use standard precautions you should not catch it from someone that does not have a mask on indoors. I have also heard that it is harder to catch from hard surfaces than they originally thought but am still taking precautions with hand washing and hand sanitizer.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I'm beginning to see more businesses requiring masks. Some businesses have loosened restrictions, while others have tightened them. If you do any traveling, you are pretty much stuck wearing a mask. So for that, I finally caved and bought one that actually fits. I still find them comically stupid, but if that's the game we must play, so be it. If anything, it helps me avoid talking to people that I don't want to talk to. People see a mask and tend to walk away, rather than towards you.

I'm more concerned with the general lack of ammunition than if I have to wear a silly mask or not.

I've already been to a few restaurants and stores that don't care about the restrictions in place. I was happy to see them not playing by the stupid rules and will happily continue to patronize such places.

Agreed. I’ve been intentional about patronizing those who don’t force the silly mask on me and when I have to patronize one that does, I’ve worn my mask backwards and under my chin and around my neck to express my displeasure in their stupidity.

The madness will not end until after the election. The illness is real but the crisis is plastic.

It’s just as manufactured and the ‘epidemic’ of cops killing black men. The communists and anarchist are playing us like a Stradivarius.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Agreed. I’ve been intentional about patronizing those who don’t force the silly mask on me and when I have to patronize one that does, I’ve worn my mask backwards and under my chin and around my neck to express my displeasure in their stupidity.

The madness will not end until after the election. The illness is real but the crisis is plastic.

It’s just as manufactured and the ‘epidemic’ of cops killing black men. The communists and anarchist are playing us like a Stradivarius.

It’s silly.

When I went to the doctor’s office, they gave me one to wear at the door. It didn’t even fit, so either my nose was exposed or my mouth was exposed. It’s like a participation trophy. Doesn’t matter if it’s effective, just comply with the stupidity and no one cares.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It’s silly.

When I went to the doctor’s office, they gave me one to wear at the door. It didn’t even fit, so either my nose was exposed or my mouth was exposed. It’s like a participation trophy. Doesn’t matter if it’s effective, just comply with the stupidity and no one cares.

Exactly. A few weeks back the mask Nazi at Lowe’s let a man wear a small dog harness as a mask, so the guy clipped it on his face a rocked out. It was both amusing and infuriating. I couldn’t make this crap up if I was trying, but this is the world in which we live.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Exactly. A few weeks back the mask Nazi at Lowe’s let a man wear a small dog harness as a mask, so the guy clipped it on his face a rocked out. It was both amusing and infuriating. I couldn’t make this crap up if I was trying, but this is the world in which we live.

Masks weren’t mandatory at Lowes and Home Depot out here, but they did have the front of the stores blocked off so you couldn’t drive out there. They had X’s on the ground for people to line up before entering the store, along with a hand washing station.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Can you guys help me to understand why you're so opposed to wearing a mask? Many countries who have been strict on wearing masks and social distancing have seen extremely positive results.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Can you guys help me to understand why you're so opposed to wearing a mask? Many countries who have been strict on wearing masks and social distancing have seen extremely positive results.

Because it’s pointless.

How many times have you been sneezed or coughed on lately?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Some people are opposed because they feel like they aren't free if they do something they're told they should do. I'd bet if masks were forbidden, some of them would be saying they would wear the mask and how dare someone say they can't.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I believe it’s more about personal responsibility but I’m sure I’ll get plenty of argument. I just shake me head every time someone says that masks don’t do any good. Of course they do. But people have to wear them when they’re supposed to, like they’re supposed to. Most people who get infected are contagious days before any symptoms show and can potentially walk around spreading the virus to others. If everyone wears a mask when potentially infected the chances of them infecting other people are dramatically decreased. It’s easy to deny or disagree with that fact if you’ve already decided you don’t want to wear a mask, but those are the facts. No make believe, no hype, and it’s working in areas where it’s practiced as it should be. The weak links that refuse to be personally responsible for their own potential to spread the virus are then a problem. Don’t like these facts? Prove them wrong. Good luck.
    So to reiterate, the wearing of a regular mask (non-respirator, non N-95) is meant to help a person keep their germs to themselves. Then it’s up to the rest of the world to pay attention to what they touch, wash their hands and practice proper hygiene to keep from contracting the virus themselves. I suppose it’s human nature to only care about yourself so I’m assuming people just say screw the rest of the neighborhood, city, state, country, world, and use whatever reason to justify not wearing a mask in public, but in reality they’re just being irresponsible.
    That’s my 2 cents. Spend it on whatever you like.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom