Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Really...most definitely faces a threat. Do you mean like a target painted on his back or something to that affect? Do cops really feel like everyone on earth is a threat to their survival? Even in the company of other LEO’s in a controlled environment a cop would feel they’re facing an imminent threat? So, the biggest part of a cop’s existence is a firearm? And they feel like prey? It doesn’t make much sense to me but I’ll take your word for it. I wonder if that’s a common sentiment among the LEO community? That sure would explain a lot.
    And yeah, I’m worried that anyone would try to deny me the ability to protect myself against infection in a pandemic situation, but that doesn’t even come close to feeling like I’m being hunted 24/7. Sorry I brought up my woes. I have no idea what I was thinking.

"My" opinion is disarming a LEO in uniform outside of a very controlled environment is dumb.

"My" opinion is working around very contagious people without proper PPE is dumb. I think some medical workers are gonna roll with it because they have a love for helping others during bad times (I can respect them). Unfortunately drawing negative attention to a overwhelmed medical center during these times isn't helpful to those workers that are there for the right reasons. To those workers that are risking personal health of themselves and the family they go home to for the better of the community THANK YOU!

This is a free country and you are not forced to work in that environment and are welcome to bow out at anytime.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You have no clue what you're talking about. Does your ignorance come from being anti-police or was it your ignorance that cause you to be anti-police?

And before you decide to report this post as being insulting, feel free to look up the definition of ignorance.
    I’m ignorant and have no clue because I’m asking questions? Or are you just insulting for no real reason? Is that chip getting too heavy? I didn’t bring up cops (in any derogatory manner) but answered the post that was directed at me. Do you think a person is not allowed to make any comment or ask any question about police? You aren’t in a position to say if I’m anti cop or not. And if I was you don’t have a say in it. I’m not making any anti cop statements. I’m not bashing cops. I didn’t bring them up.
    How is it you figure I have no clue? And why do you feel the need to jump in and throw insults? If you’re a LEO and took offense to anything I asked about maybe you’re a bit too sensitive, huh? And you say I don’t have a clue. I have a clue. Same handful of people, same bunch of trouble. Say I’m mistaken.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Hmmm, ok.
    :confused:

Anyway, dang. Of all the places I could tell folks about something unjust going on I thought I could do it here without feeling like I’m talking to a jury. If there’s anyone else here in a profession where you could be potentially hurt or killed if you weren’t allowed the proper equipment, please chime in. LEO’s forbidden from wearing a vest or carrying a gun maybe? Does anyone here not think a healthcare worker has the right to protect themself in any work scenario?

Uh, yeah you brought up LE. I guess you have friends and family who are LE so you get a pass. Well my wife’s a nurse so anything I say against your profession I also get a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    "My" opinion is disarming a LEO in uniform outside of a very controlled environment is dumb.

"My" opinion is working around very contagious people without proper PPE is dumb. I think some medical workers are gonna roll with it because they have a love for helping others during bad times (I can respect them). Unfortunately drawing negative attention to a overwhelmed medical center during these times isn't helpful to those workers that are there for the right reasons. To those workers that are risking personal health of themselves and the family they go home to for the better of the community THANK YOU!

This is a free country and you are not forced to work in that environment and are welcome to bow out at anytime.
    Thanks man. I agree with your post. The *negative* attention that I drew to the subject appears to have made the difference though. OLOL has changed its stance on the wearing of masks as of this time to better protect healthcare workers from potential exposure to the Covid virus. Seems a phone call from OSHA stating intentions to investigate was all it took.

And for the record, I gave hands on care to one of those cops shot up by the crazy man in BR and cried my eyes out the day it happened. Anybody calling me anti cop should feel foolish. I don’t like injustice and will voice my opinion about it no matter who’s involved from preacher to pusher, but I’ve never been anti cop.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Uh, yeah you brought up LE. I guess you have friends and family who are LE so you get a pass. Well my wife’s a nurse so anything I say against your profession I also get a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Did I say anything derogatory or anti cop?
    I realize it’s easy to point the anti cop finger, kinda like calling someone a racist, but I’m not anti cop. I’m not a racist. I’m anti something else. I don’t need a pass from you.

You had to reach pretty far to think I was cop hating by that post you quoted btw...

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m ignorant and have no clue because I’m asking questions? Or are you just insulting for no real reason? I didn’t bring up cops but answered the post that was directed at me. Do you think a person is not allowed to make any comment or ask any question about police? You aren’t in a position to say if I’m anti cop or not. And if I was you don’t have a say in it. I’m not making any anti cop statements. I’m not bashing cops. I didn’t bring them up.
    How is it you figure I have no clue? And why do you feel the need to jump in and throw insults? If you’re a LEO and took offense to anything I asked about maybe you’re a bit too sensitive, huh? And you say I don’t have a clue. I have a clue. Same handful of people, same bunch of trouble. Say I’m mistaken.

I have no clue why you're ignorant. That why I asked which one cased the other, ignorance or being anti-cop. I can only see that you are based on your posts. And you weren't asking questions. You were making accusations. You were passing judgement. So I'll ask again, not really expecting an answer, did your anti-cop attitude come from your ignorance or did your ignorance come from your anti-cop attitude?

It doesn’t make much sense to me but I’ll take your word for it. I wonder if that’s a common sentiment among the LEO community? That sure would explain a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I say anything derogatory or anti cop?.

Yes

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have no clue why you're ignorant. That why I asked which one cased the other, ignorance or being anti-cop. I can only see that you are based on your posts. And you weren't asking questions. You were making accusations. You were passing judgement. So I'll ask again, not really expecting an answer, did your anti-cop attitude come from your ignorance or did your ignorance come from your anti-cop attitude?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes
    Keep on asking Perez. Keep stirring man. Make sure you scrape the bottom of the pot every once in a while too, ok?
    Same handful of trouble

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    And in news that matters, the WHO has updated the mortality rate of covid-19 to 3.6%.
    This is approximately 26 times deadlier than the flu.

I still suspect the number will climb a bit in the coming days.
    Guessing it will normalize in the low 4%.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This is a "Sticky" for "Everything Corona", Gentlemen!

I believe the "Sticky" for "Everything A$$hole" is in another category! :mamoru:

I agree!

739bf1c8f803d99290d95690f9872b47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And in news that matters, the WHO has updated the mortality rate of covid-19 to 3.6%.
    This is approximately 26 times deadlier than the flu.

I still suspect the number will climb a bit in the coming days.
    Guessing it will normalize in the low 4%.

In light of the evidence mounting that the two top guys in the WHO were/are/is in China's back pocket from the onset, and that corruption and cover up may have cost a lot of innocent people their lives all over the world, I just can't believe anything from them in good conscience.

Not discounting your statement, Cheesy; just saying.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    In light of the evidence mounting that the two top guys in the WHO were/are/is in China's back pocket from the onset, and that corruption and cover up may have cost a lot of innocent people their lives all over the world, I just can't believe anything from them in good conscience.

No offense taken.
    I agree that the who (no, not the group with Roger Daltry...) was highly biased at first, thus disproportionately low on the estimate.
    Now they have no choice but to add data from other more honest sources into the mix.
    That’s why I believe the numbers will rise; the original skewed data will become amalgamated into the entire lot.
    The higher the N (# of reported cases) the more accurate the curve.
    That’s a gross oversimplification but good enough for now.
    Thus, I believe we’re getting to a more honest representation of what is really happening.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Couldn’t agree more. It’s also worth noting the Brit who did the original modeling recanted on the validity.

Talking with people I know in healthcare it almost sounds like there are varying strains of the novel strain if that makes sense. This is third-hand at best and likely a touch of supposition, so grain of salt and all.

I really enjoyed the video that Perez posted also. If you never listened to your momma before, you should. Wash your hands and stay home and avoid others if you don’t feel well. Mommas are smarter than we ever knew.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    No offense taken.
    I agree that the who (no, not the group with Roger Daltry...) was highly biased at first, thus disproportionately low on the estimate.
    Now they have no choice but to add data from other more honest sources into the mix.
    That’s why I believe the numbers will rise; the original skewed data will become amalgamated into the entire lot.
    The higher the N (# of reported cases) the more accurate the curve.
    That’s a gross oversimplification but good enough for now.
    Thus, I believe we’re getting to a more honest representation of what is really happening.

From the people I talk to the testing is still unbelievably slow. They reported more that 16,000 Mississippians have been tested, but we are right at 1,200 active cases. What they didn’t say was how many are negative, removed, or no results yet. If you were to rely on any of Mississippi’s numbers to determine death rate or recovery rate or even infected vs not it’s really hard to reach any logical conclusions with such a high percentage of test results unidentified.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anybody on here know where I can get a gallon of 90% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol?
    feed store/co-op or any big animal supply should have it. Look on the isle for horses. Grecco’s in BR used to be my supply for stuff like that. They carried sulfur and salt Peter as well

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    From the people I talk to the testing is still unbelievably slow. They reported more that 16,000 Mississippians have been tested, but we are right at 1,200 active cases. What they didn’t say was how many are negative, removed, or no results yet. If you were to rely on any of Mississippi’s numbers to determine death rate or recovery rate or even infected vs not it’s really hard to reach any logical conclusions with such a high percentage of test results unidentified.

The results will normalize over time.
    Think globally.
    Again, I respect your position and am not casting dispersion on them.
    I’m not an alarmist.
    That said, I firmly believe the estimates we have are too low if anything.

Sincerely, I am hoping that when this is all over people can call me out for being wrong.
    I desperately want to be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom