Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Uh oh!
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_2ae22a44-9954-11ea-8f99-fb5f0b1cade9.html

So, if half (the actual numbers are MORE than half), of those BR Virus positives that died from this virus (108), were in-firmed, elderly persons, and many of the others may have had other health complications which exacerbated their deaths with CoVid-19, then the basic math tells you that this seriously strains the argument of how deadly this virus really is. Particularly in healthy people.

Nonetheless, let’s just use the half number of deaths (outside of nursing homes), even though half is likely way less than the actual number of *healthy persons* that have died to see what the death rate of this virus is?
    :dunno:

Some numbers?

East Baton Rouge (est. pop.) 440,000
    Deaths outside of nursing homes (not withstanding elderly that live with family members) 109
    Death Rate in EBR 0.0002%

Statewide?

4,500,000 (est. pop.)
    2458 Deaths (total)
    Death Rate in Louisiana 0.0005%

We may have tanked the world economy for a "mild" flu season?!?

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Thought this was an interesting story https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/man-shares-photo-before-after-covid-19

The 43-year-old nurse from San Francisco had no underlying health conditions. He normally worked out six or seven times a week. He weighed about 190 pounds. When he spoke with BuzzFeed News on Tuesday, weeks after he'd been able to start eating foods again, he weighed just 140 pounds. His lung capacity is only now starting to slowly come back.

9ptg2XG.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

There are some examples of "healthy" people dying from this. But they are becoming an anomily in this. When you look at the sheer numbers of in-firmed, elderly; or those that had co-morbid conditions, that perished, it shows a trend that cannot be disputed.

And, if it is true, (we have no reason to dispute them), there are doctors all over the country that claim they were coerced to default to Corona as the cause on death certificates for the financial benefit of the medical facilities they work for, then this is a true **** show! Will we ever get the absolute truth now? Will we exhume the dead written off as CoVid deaths to test them to see if it was the actual reason? Could they even tell?

Each day, there are more people doubting the "science." There are more places lifting their lock downs, and modifying their re-opening strategies. It's seems hodgepodge now.

Make your own determinations, but it is no wonder (to me at least), people have had it with the fear of death from this.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This odd story supports the (more than a theory) theory that the extent of the viral load one is exposed to can make a difference in the severity of the symptoms. Dude still has a PEG tube hanging out his abdomen. Sad story but glad he survived.

Which seems curious to me!?! How can a free standing "virus" have varying degrees of potency?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Remember when we were scared to open our own car doors unless we doused it and ourselves with anti-bacterial disinfectants? Light switches? Door knobs? Other surfaces?
    At least they are updating this as they see fit. But, I don't remember any news media walking this one back though!?!

From the CDC Coronavirus Website: FAQ's

How COVID-19 Spreads

COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person. Some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus. We are still learning about how the virus spreads and the severity of illness it causes.
    Person-to-person spread

The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

* Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
    * Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
    * These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
    * COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.

The virus spreads easily between people

How easily a virus spreads from person-to-person can vary. Some viruses are highly contagious, like measles, while other viruses do not spread as easily. Another factor is whether the spread is sustained, which means it goes from person-to-person without stopping.

The virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading very easily and sustainably between people. Information from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic suggest that this virus is spreading more efficiently than influenza, but not as efficiently as measles, which is highly contagious.

The virus does not spread easily in other ways

COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning about how it spreads. It may be possible for COVID-19 to spread in other ways, but these are not thought to be the main ways the virus spreads.

* From touching surfaces or objects. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more about this virus.

Then there is the incessant warnings to wash your hands?!? :ohreally:

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/he...bout-covid-19s-infectious-dose-and-viral-load

Here, this is a start, without handing you a course in virology.

I’m not the only one taking CDC guidelines with a grain of salt these days. I don’t wanna start more of an argument because the comments I’ve seen about wearing masks tell me people are misinformed and don’t truly understand many things related to the virus. But it’s ok to be part of the herd and become inoculated however people choose.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/he...bout-covid-19s-infectious-dose-and-viral-load

Here, this is a start, without handing you a course in virology.

I’m not the only one taking CDC guidelines with a grain of salt these days. I don’t wanna start more of an argument because the comments I’ve seen about wearing masks tell me people are misinformed and don’t truly understand many things related to the virus. But it’s ok to be part of the herd and become inoculated however people choose.

Complicating the picture further, other studies found that some asymptomatic patients had similar viral loads to patients with COVID-19 symptoms. This means that the viral load alone is not a clear predictor of disease outcome.

Another common question is whether getting a higher virus dose upon infection — for example, through prolonged exposure to an infected person, like health care workers’ experience — will result in more severe disease. Right now, we simply do not know whether this is the case.

Kind of the point of my question.

I will say this, until they identify the indicator (or trigger if you will), of what determines which healthy individuals' get asymptomatic responses or hammered, this is a crazy virus. I also think it can be concluded however, if you are elderly, and/or have respiratory issues already, or both; you'd better steer as clear as you can of any hint of this.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Kind of the point of my question.

I will say this, until they identify the indicator (or trigger if you will), of what determines which healthy individuals' get asymptomatic responses or hammered, this is a crazy virus.
    Ok

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Is Covid 19 worse than the Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968. It would seem not at this point. Considering the world population in 1968 was 3.5 billion and now it is 7.7 billion with an unhealthier population the death rate for Covid 19 appears much lower. I was 24 in 68 and barely recall it. The big news stories were the Vietnam war, Woodstock and the 68 democratic convention riots in Chicago. I remember all of that vividly. I don't remember people wearing masks, social distancing or shutting down the economy. Were it not for today 24-7 /365 news Covid might have been a page 5 article in the local paper. Seems everyone has lost the ability to reason and common sense over this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_flu

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I suppose everyone has seen at least some of the videos of the many Memorial Day get-together's around the country where everyone was piled on top of each other without masks!?! If you didn't, you should go see some of them just to put it all in context.

Point being, after 2 weeks if there are no serious upticks in those infected in these places, we may need some more explanations. You couldn't have gotten any closer to strangers as some of these Memorial Day observers were. So, I guess we'll see. :dunno:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Is Covid 19 worse than the Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968. It would seem not at this point. Considering the world population in 1968 was 3.5 billion and now it is 7.7 billion with an unhealthier population the death rate for Covid 19 appears much lower. I was 24 in 68 and barely recall it. The big news stories were the Vietnam war, Woodstock and the 68 democratic convention riots in Chicago. I remember all of that vividly. I don't remember people wearing masks, social distancing or shutting down the economy. Were it not for today 24-7 /365 news Covid might have been a page 5 article in the local paper. Seems everyone has lost the ability to reason and common sense over this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_flu

Im not fact checking you. But your sentiments well said. The hype was way worse than the Covid. If we could just get the idiot Mayor here in Hattiesburg to knock off the grab-ass and get out the way life could pretty well return to normal.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I suppose everyone has seen at least some of the videos of the many Memorial Day get-together's around the country where everyone was piled on top of each other without masks!?! If you didn't, you should go see some of them just to put it all in context.

Point being, after 2 weeks if there are no serious upticks in those infected in these places, we may need some more explanations. You couldn't have gotten any closer to strangers as some of these Memorial Day observers were. So, I guess we'll see. :dunno:

Yea it was nuts, glad to see some people are being the guinea pigs to see how big wave 2 might be

https://www.nola.com/multimedia/photos/collection_60f6130c-9d5f-11ea-bf08-677192497af7.html

rqu5Rap.png

Top Bottom