Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I believe it’s more about personal responsibility but I’m sure I’ll get plenty of argument. I just shake me head every time someone says that masks don’t do any good. Of course they do. But people have to wear them when they’re supposed to, like they’re supposed to. Most people who get infected are contagious days before any symptoms show and can potentially walk around spreading the virus to others. If everyone wears a mask when potentially infected the chances of them infecting other people are dramatically decreased. It’s easy to deny or disagree with that fact if you’ve already decided you don’t want to wear a mask, but those are the facts. No make believe, no hype, and it’s working in areas where it’s practiced as it should be. The weak links that refuse to be personally responsible for their own potential to spread the virus are then a problem. Don’t like these facts? Prove them wrong. Good luck.
    So to reiterate, the wearing of a regular mask (non-respirator, non N-95) is meant to help a person keep their germs to themselves. Then it’s up to the rest of the world to pay attention to what they touch, wash their hands and practice proper hygiene to keep from contracting the virus themselves. I suppose it’s human nature to only care about yourself so I’m assuming people just say screw the rest of the neighborhood, city, state, country, world, and use whatever reason to justify not wearing a mask in public, but in reality they’re just being irresponsible.
    That’s my 2 cents. Spend it on whatever you like.

Agreed 100%.
    It may seem alarmist still but proper containment procedures will ultimately help prevent disease spread.
    That’s all.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Because it’s pointless.

How many times have you been sneezed or coughed on lately?

I was at the post office yesterday ironically mailing masks back to China that my mother got scammed into buying. I stepped out of line and moved to the back b/c the guy behind me was repeatedly coughing, wasn't wearing a mask, and was not respecting the marks on the floor for keeping his distance. I'm now going to have to stay away from my 65 year old mother for 2 weeks while I isolate and hope I was not infected. If she gets the virus she will likely die as she has COPD and emphysema.

I just don't understand why people are so upset about wearing a piece of cloth over their mouth so that their coughs/sneezes/etc don't spread all over those around them. It's such a silly thing to get upset over when it has worked for many other countries.

PS Paypal can go to hell for allowing a scam company's account to remain active after scamming tons of people. They were advertised to her in a Facebook ad being as good as N95 masks, medical grade, and to come with some of the best filters in the industry. They're complete garbage and the "filters" are basically toilet paper. After scamming enough people they closed the website down and the support email no longer exists so you couldn't even order more "filters" if you wanted to. Paypal made us ship them back to China and said they wouldn't reimburse for the shipping cost. Paid $50 for shipping so she could get her $180 back from Paypal. Always research the seller before you press send on your payments! I hope she learned to ask me before wasting more money on garbage. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/facebook-mask-ads-ban-zestads-coronavirus

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was at the post office yesterday ironically mailing masks back to China that my mother got scammed into buying. I stepped out of line and moved to the back b/c the guy behind me was repeatedly coughing, wasn't wearing a mask, and was not respecting the marks on the floor for keeping his distance. I'm now going to have to stay away from my 65 year old mother for 2 weeks while I isolate and hope I was not infected. If she gets the virus she will likely die as she has COPD and emphysema.

Open your mouth and tell the idiot to stop coughing on everyone. Better yet, stand far away from him. 6 feet should do...

I just don't understand why people are so upset about wearing a piece of cloth over their mouth so that their coughs/sneezes/etc don't spread all over those around them. It's such a silly thing to get upset over when it has worked for many other countries.

Out of all of my friends and family in the medical field, none of them wear a mask unless they are required to. I just don't understand why people think wearing a cloth cover, not a respirator, is doing anything other than keeping your spit from flying out of your face. Coronavirus pandemic or not, I'm going to yell at someone for coughing on me in public. When people stand too close to me, I tell them to back off. Keeping your mouth shut is the problem. Don't get pissy that people think masks are stupid, but then you complain on an internet forum that someone was coughing in public and you did nothing about it.

FWIW, I think people bitching about wearing masks are just as stupid as people bitching about people not wearing masks.

I bought another mask today to keep with me when I'm required to wear it. I don't wear it if I don't have to, because I don't want to and I don't care if other people get pissed.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Agreed 100%.
    It may seem alarmist still but proper containment procedures will ultimately help prevent disease spread.
    That’s all.

The problem isn't people not wearing masks. It's people not practicing good hygiene to begin with. I can't tell you how many stupid people I've seen touch something, then freak out and touch their face, or put on gloves to touch something, then touch their phone, then put the phone to their face, then touch everything else. How many people do you see touch a menu and not wash their hands before they eat? How many people do you see scratch their face then touch something. I can prevent myself from coughing or sneezing on people without wearing a mask. I suppose some people can't.

Food for thought: When this first started, the CDC recommended coughing or sneezing into your elbow.

Some people are opposed because they feel like they aren't free if they do something they're told they should do. I'd bet if masks were forbidden, some of them would be saying they would wear the mask and how dare someone say they can't.

If I'm required to wear it, I will.
    If it's not required, I won't.

Kind of like how people only take required training, but if it's not required... they won't.

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Open your mouth and tell the idiot to stop coughing on everyone. Better yet, stand far away from him. 6 feet should do...

Out of all of my friends and family in the medical field, none of them wear a mask unless they are required to. I just don't understand why people think wearing a cloth cover, not a respirator, is doing anything other than keeping your spit from flying out of your face. Coronavirus pandemic or not, I'm going to yell at someone for coughing on me in public. When people stand too close to me, I tell them to back off. Keeping your mouth shut is the problem. Don't get pissy that people think masks are stupid, but then you complain on an internet forum that someone was coughing in public and you did nothing about it.

FWIW, I think people bitching about wearing masks are just as stupid as people bitching about people not wearing masks.

I bought another mask today to keep with me when I'm required to wear it. I don't wear it if I don't have to, because I don't want to and I don't care if other people get pissed.

It's interesting that you're twisting the situation around to make it my fault that a sick person wasn't wearing a mask because I didn't open my mouth and complain to him. You're getting upset on an internet message forum about wearing masks. You're telling me you'd keep a cool and calm head in a public situation if a stranger called you out about it in front of others? You know exactly how that situation would have escalated.

I'm not even the one being "pissy" here, I'm just trying to understand the other side of the mask argument. To my knowledge, nobody has claimed that a piece of cloth was a replacement for a respirator. The claims are exactly what you typed out, it keeps your spit from flying out of your face. That's been shown it's enough to help prevent the spread of droplets containing the virus. It's worked in other countries, why is it so controversial in the USA? https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/europe-suppressed-the-coronavirus-the-u-s-has-not-85485125688

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's interesting that you're twisting the situation around to make it my fault that a sick person wasn't wearing a mask because I didn't open my mouth and complain to him. You're getting upset on an internet message forum about wearing masks. You're telling me you'd keep a cool and calm head in a public situation if a stranger called you out about it in front of others? You know exactly how that situation would have escalated.

I'm not even the one being "pissy" here, I'm just trying to understand the other side of the mask argument. To my knowledge, nobody has claimed that a piece of cloth was a replacement for a respirator. The claims are exactly what you typed out, it keeps your spit from flying out of your face. That's been shown it's enough to help prevent the spread of droplets containing the virus. It's worked in other countries, why is it so controversial in the USA? https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/europe-suppressed-the-coronavirus-the-u-s-has-not-85485125688

Prior to coronavirus, masks were worn by sick people as a courtesy to others. It is a common practice in Asian countries.

It’s an issue in the USA, not because of masks, but because our culture is full of entitled idiots. The dipshit coughing on everyone should be wearing a mask. The healthy person shouldn’t. People should keep their distance regardless of a pandemic or not, it’s called personal space.

Prior to this pandemic I yelled at a woman and her husband in the supermarket when they decided to stand in front of the keypad when I was trying to pay. I asked them back up so I could pay and they got pissy. That’s our culture. There is no courtesy. Don’t be surprised if people don’t want to wear masks.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Btw, I’m not complaining about having to wear a mask. I’m simply choosing not to wear one unless I have to. I have the luxury of staying home if I get sick.

I simply stated that I noticed more businesses going beyond the mandated rules and required patrons to wear masks, so I bought one. I’m not wasting my respirators, so I’ll play along and wear my cloth mask.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Every medical professional I’ve talked to, including doctors advised masks work. It is to keep your germs if you’re sick from flying through the air and contaminating other people. It is also used to keep people from subconsciously touching their face and contaminating themselves. Do I wear one all the time, no. Do I have a problem wearing one where it’s required, no. Getting into a confrontation over someone coughing on you will likely cause that person to talk and cough more therefore exposing you to their illness more. God forbid if it turns into a physical confrontation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Shocker lol. So the country is better off without masks as it relates to the corona virus in your opinion. Got it.

I think if people had better hygiene, we would be better off.

I also find it amusing that the CDC said don’t wear masks, cough in your elbow, now we should wear masks.

Do what you want, I don’t care. I’ll wear a mask if it’s required. If it’s not, I won’t.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-offer-conflicting-advice-masks-expert-tells-us/story?id=70958380

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This should help clear up any confusion. I’m posting screen shots instead of a link for your convenience. This is the Louisiana gov/DHH site but it mirrors the CDC guidelines.

9c03de7ec8a3776675b6b5f9cd7e381e.jpg

06bd25262e0538c7e428f9359b4a6892.jpg

54394f3165e6ac359df603f8ac8b4a71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think if people had better hygiene, we would be better off.

I also find it amusing that the CDC said don’t wear masks, cough in your elbow, now we should wear masks.

Do what you want, I don’t care. I’ll wear a mask if it’s required. If it’s not, I won’t.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-offer-conflicting-advice-masks-expert-tells-us/story?id=70958380

You're implying a false dichotomy. Sure, the country would be better off if people had better hygiene. But that does not affect if the country is better off without masks as it relates to the corona virus.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This mask wearing debate is not the fault of the collective "citizenry!" This falls squarely on the medical community (with the more than willing help from the usual "useful" idiots in the corrupt media), that fumbled, bumbled, and most likely flat out lied about this virus from the onset. They NEVER walk back anything they proclaim is "scientific" fact when they clearly err, misspeak, or lie.

The earliest and most egregious mistake in this BS came from; of all people, the US Surgeon General when he proclaimed in February, "Masks don't work!" Up until recently, I watched the news almost religiously and NEVER heard him or anyone else say, "Hey, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have concluded that. I apologize!" Nor, did he at least try to BS his way out of it by proclaiming he lied because he didn't want a panic and a run on masks to shorten the supply for the front line health workers. Nothing!

It didn't stop there either. Then Mr. Know all be all, Fauci said that; "we should never shake hands again, but it is ok to have sex with strangers!" This was genius!

Two examples, but the hits just kept coming: Corrupt cover up at WHO, CDC not knowing what to say, months to tell people the virus doesn't do well on inanimate objects, the WHO head of infectious disease recently declaring that asymptomatic spread was not likely, then reversing course the following day because it didn't fit some political narrative. Ok to protest, but not go to the beach!

These dummies, NEVER show any humility for anything they clearly say (on video), that turns out to be incorrect or false. The arrogance of their holier than thou egos is stunning to me.

If you want people to wear masks, then earn the people's trust AGAIN; because even though I play the game too when I have to, I no longer have any use for their updates or suggestions. To me, the damage has been done! To the economy, to the elderly, to the citizenry, to the world. At this point, I hardly care anymore, but this circus is certainly entertaining if not pathetically sad.

:dunno:

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

We rarely agree so much, but here we are agreeing again.

I have a problem with people crowding entrances to make sure I wear a mask to enter. I’ve been a fan of social distancing before it had a name. But I think we call it personal space back then. It’s clear more effective than a cotton t-shirt tie to my face like I’m an autistic ninja.

I also have a problem with the clear hypocrisy an lack of understanding from those who insist we all wear mask. Here in Hattiesburg since the idiot mayor decided feel on his head Many story had an officer stationed at the door next to a store employee making sure if you go in you are wearing a mask. The problem is the officers aren’t wearing a mask and the store employees are rarely wearing them properly. Then they violate your personal space while touching their mask constantly. To top that off they funnel you in one entrance and out one exit and sometimes in and out the same doors clearly causing a funnel, clearing breaking the 6 feet rule.

The medical professionals in my circle continue to tell me that those who get it bad and/or die from it typically have major co-morbid ailments.

As an addition to the insanity the local hospital a friend works for issues them 2 single use mask to be worn simultaneously every three shifts and yet the only people in the hospital who have caught it have been those you would expect, the immunocompromised.

I would like to point out I continue to practice social distancing and continue to use good hygiene. I avoided risk to what I would consider extreme while we were caring for a dieing family member she didn’t deserve to get COVID-19 while suffering from liver failure, but at the end of the day this isn’t the Black Death it was billed as, and if we don’t get back to normal and allow some healthy folks to catch it and fight it off we will continue to deal with this illogical fear.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    This is bad info, it is far from pointless.

But it is pointless if you practice good hygiene and courtesy to your fellow man.

Stay home if you’re sick, and back the hell off of people if I can reach out a touch you without changing my posture you are probably too close.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You're implying a false dichotomy. Sure, the country would be better off if people had better hygiene. But that does not affect if the country is better off without masks as it relates to the corona virus.

So the mask are for people to keep their germs to themselves, what if instead of trying to make people feel good about themselves we thought them how nasty they are so they could change the behavior permanently so that when this foolishness is finally behind us the flu and cold season is less deadly too.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is good stuff, here! :(

How to wear a mask/face covering

Masks/face coverings should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
    Masks/face coverings should be secured with ties or ear loops
    Masks/face coverings should include multiple layers of fabric
    Masks/face coverings should allow for breathing without restriction
    Masks/face coverings made of cloth should be washed and machine dried without damage or change to shape
    Wash your hands before putting on or taking off a mask/face covering
    Cover both your nose and mouth with your mask/face covering
    Try to avoid a lot of touching/adjusting your mask/face covering
    Completely remove your mask/face covering while eating
    Cloth masks or face coverings should be washed and dried after each use. When your cloth mask is not in use, fold it with the side that goes toward your mouth folded to the inside. Store the mask/face covering in a resealable bag or other clean storage container.
    Disposable masks are acceptable but should be thrown away after one use.

Top Bottom