Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Unfortunately, this seems to be a newly emerging fashion statement.
    I see people with masks slung around their necks and pulled under their noses as de rigeur.
    Even worse is when I see folks who are wearing their PPE correctly who pull them down in order to talk to others close by.

I just keep reminding myself that public health has a steep learning curve.
    Most folks just never had the correct instruction to implement PPE.
    They’re not stupid, just uninformed.

You don't need to wear them properly for virtue signaling. Just the sacrifice of comfort is enough for the new normal.

We've all been told that wearing a mask will not help you prevent yourself from getting the virus, and by you donning a mask, you are just being courteous to your fellow man. Okay; that's fine. I'll play along. But, after talking to many people who are wearing masks regularly (and correctly), in public, they are telling me that it gives them peace of mind. I remind them that our medical class has said it is ineffective in protecting them from actually contracting it. They said they don't care, they feel like it is doing something more than not. I tend to agree that anything as a barrier is better than nothing as a barrier.

So, I look at it this way; if wearing it makes people feel more confident or protected within their own minds, that is not a bad thing. As for me, I don't know what to believe anymore about this crap. But I will continue to wear it, for you all! You can thank me by having the Air Force reschedule the B-52 flyover on the correct flight path so I can actually see it this time!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll get right on that. Going to rework their route so they can fly directly over your house and throw their cigarette butts out!

I suppose a cigarette butt falling in my yard over an actual part of the plane (like in N.O.), would be a blessing! Thank you! You are too kind! :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Governor allowing some businesses to resume.

https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/the_latest/article_8bb9681a-93cc-11ea-a376-737e65eaac23.html

I would like someone to help me understand how someone standing over you washing your hair at a salon is safer and less infectious than someone giving you a massage or a tattoo?

It's this kind of inequity in logic and reason that makes people scratch their heads. Yesterday in the actual daily briefing, the Governor of NJ actually said, "we will allow two people in a boat, but not three!" Then he doubled down when asked if this applied to more than two people from the same family living in the same household? "Yes, he said!"

:doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How's about we throw this out for funzee's!

https://plandemicmovie.com/

So, she asserts that Tony Fauci is a fraud and is profiteering from global sicknesses; and much worse, is actually promoting global sickness. Okay! Very differing point of view, but shouldn't it be also very provable? I mean, if this guy has his fingers on the vaccine patents as she clearly asserts, maybe a (ahem), real journalist can find out? If what this woman is accusing Fauci of, I damn sure would like to know if it's true or not.

My very first security phrase/answer I created on a password protected account back in the early 90's was; Money! The security question I created? "What's it all about?" How prophetic that turned out to be!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    How's about we throw this out for funzee's!

https://plandemicmovie.com/

So, she asserts that Tony Fauci is a fraud and is profiteering from global sicknesses; and much worse, is actually promoting global sickness. Okay! Very differing point of view, but shouldn't it be also very provable? I mean, if this guy has his fingers on the vaccine patents as she clearly asserts, maybe a (ahem), real journalist can find out? If what this woman is accusing Fauci of, I damn sure would like to know if it's true or not.

My very first security phrase/answer I created on a password protected account back in the early 90's was; Money! The security question I created? "What's it all about?" How prophetic that turned out to be!

Judy Mikovits is a discredited Ph.D. who spews pseudoscientific nonsense at anyone who will listen.
    She’s also an ardent antivaxxer, saying vaccines are everything evil from autism creation to mind control.

Id hazard a guess that form follows function and that this film is a tinfoil hat turd.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Governor allowing some businesses to resume.

https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/the_latest/article_8bb9681a-93cc-11ea-a376-737e65eaac23.html

I would like someone to help me understand how someone standing over you washing your hair at a salon is safer and less infectious than someone giving you a massage or a tattoo?

It's this kind of inequity in logic and reason that makes people scratch their heads. Yesterday in the actual daily briefing, the Governor of NJ actually said, "we will allow two people in a boat, but not three!" Then he doubled down when asked if this applied to more than two people from the same family living in the same household? "Yes, he said!"

:doh:

Perhaps the inequity is based on a slightly different criteria. I'm guessing here but to me, there is a logic to opening one but not another even though the safety of each one is comparable. I can't say I agree with it but I understand it. I don't have the official number but I'll speculate here the latest LDH numbers. 32000 Cases Reported. 22000 recovered means 10000 open cases. 1300 of those are in the hospital and 2200 of them are not a danger. That leaves 6500 open cases that are self quarantining if they know they have it. If they don't know, they may be walking around as if they don't have it. If everything opens up at once, there may be an uncontrollable surge in cases. But with a multi-stage opening, it becomes easier to control should the numbers start to spike.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Judy Mikovits is a discredited Ph.D. who spews pseudoscientific nonsense at anyone who will listen.
    She’s also an ardent antivaxxer, saying vaccines are everything evil from autism creation to mind control.

Id hazard a guess that form follows function and that this film is a tinfoil hat turd.

I respect that perspective, but I seem to remember a once highly respected and revered 4 star general named Michael Flynn was also framed and discredited by his own government too?!? Just sayin.

She is making direct and unequivocal allegations against Fauci personally and is essentially accusing him of mass murder by his actions or lack thereof?!? Wouldn't that provoke a massive sustained slander charge from any normal person, much worse the man orcehestrating the policy of the entire pandemic?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Perhaps the inequity is based on a slightly different criteria. I'm guessing here but to me, there is a logic to opening one but not another even though the safety of each one is comparable. I can't say I agree with it but I understand it. I don't have the official number but I'll speculate here the latest LDH numbers. 32000 Cases Reported. 22000 recovered means 10000 open cases. 1300 of those are in the hospital and 2200 of them are not a danger. That leaves 6500 open cases that are self quarantining if they know they have it. If they don't know, they may be walking around as if they don't have it. If everything opens up at once, there may be an uncontrollable surge in cases. But with a multi-stage opening, it becomes easier to control should the numbers start to spike.

Then it would be warranted and should be expected, that someone in the governor's office explain what the deciding factor was for hair washings over massages?!? I haven't heard ANY state explain their methods to the madness.

If I owned a massage parlor, I damn sure would want to know why I was the loser in this comparable business model as it pertains to proximity to other people. Dentist's opened last week! Talk about proximity to another person.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Like I said before; I don't know what to believe anymore. If there are established medical people out there with dissenting opinions, why are they just being shut down? Why aren't they being challenged via debate? You know, like how Americans used to learn things?!? You Tube, Twitter, and Facebook are going to decide who is telling the truth and who is not? That on it's face is insane to me!

I don't know if Science magazine is the end all, be all publication in medicine!?! Is CNN and MSNBC the end all, be all of factual news? They and many like them think so.

As I said, if this woman accused me of killing hundreds of thousands of people because I was money motivated, I would not just sit back and wait for it to blow over.

BTW; I did not see anyone in that article counter or even address the claim that these hospitals are making money (and lot's of it), off of assumed CoVID cases versus non-assumed influenza or other preexisting respiratory illnesses? Talk about a money motivator! And, what to the claims of doctors saying they are being pressured into defaulting to CoVId on death certificates of other similar symptoms and death causes? Are they lying? Shouldn't they have their licenses terminated if they are?!?

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    In other news, stores seem to be restocking everything, including tin foil.

I was able to buy plenty gun parts and ammo at non-inflated prices.

The limitations on businesses is rather silly. I would rather them make masks mandatory, even though they are useless, than to force businesses to stay shut down.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

The limitations on businesses is rather silly. I would rather them make masks mandatory, even though they are useless, than to force businesses to stay shut down.

But finding 409 or related cleaning products is next to impossible.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Not sure what this^ is supposed to mean?!? It's not germane in the debate?!?

There were very few limitations on Louisianans in general! That was a good thing. I bought things too!

Agreed! This economic ass whipping isn't over by a long shot because of the forced closings mostly!

People who had to shutter their businesses already are just the tip of the spear. We have about 6 more weeks of PPP to see how bad it is looking.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Then it would be warranted and should be expected, that someone in the governor's office explain what the deciding factor was for hair washings over massages?!? I haven't heard ANY state explain their methods to the madness.

If I owned a massage parlor, I damn sure would want to know why I was the loser in this comparable business model as it pertains to proximity to other people. Dentist's opened last week! Talk about proximity to another person.

Maybe the choice came down to a select number of categories of businesses that may provide a greater positive impact to more people. Maybe it's random.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    But finding 409 or related cleaning products is next to impossible.

No, that has actually been rather easy to find so long as you're willing to beat everyone to the store.

Resupply and restocking is done daily. I have not had any issues procuring disinfectant wipes, sprays, or cleaners. It also helps to buy concentrate when you can. Spray bottles are cheap at Target or Home Depot. Home Depot sells the quality ZEP bottles. What's funny is that everyone is panicking to buy items, but they are extremely wasteful and were too silly to have the forethought to keep such items on hand prior to this mess.

What I have had issues getting is specialty ammunition and nitrile gloves, but besides that, I have been able to everything I could want as of late. You do have to procure them in different ways, but that's more of a subjective inconvenience.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No, that has actually been rather easy to find so long as you're willing to beat everyone to the store.

Resupply and restocking is done daily. I have not had any issues procuring disinfectant wipes, sprays, or cleaners. It also helps to buy concentrate when you can. Spray bottles are cheap at Target or Home Depot. Home Depot sells the quality ZEP bottles. What's funny is that everyone is panicking to buy items, but they are extremely wasteful and were too silly to have the forethought to keep such items on hand prior to this mess.

What I have had issues getting is specialty ammunition and nitrile gloves, but besides that, I have been able to everything I could want as of late. You do have to procure them in different ways, but that's more of a subjective inconvenience.

I keep three months of cleaner on hand. I about 1 month of cleaner left. I guess I should go in the AM and try to get it when it's delivered?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I keep three months of cleaner on hand. I about 1 month of cleaner left. I guess I should go in the AM and try to get it when it's delivered?

Do yourself a favor and see what your favorite cleaner is made of. A gallon of bleach, water from your faucet, and some spray bottles will clean most things.

Also, many people forget that Home Depot and Lowes sell cleaning supplies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom