Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Quite the harrowing tail of triumph over germs.

As we have discussed a few times now there are too many holes in the boat (anti-viral safety measures). If we were in-fact in the deep water they claim we would all be wet by now.

I Coach my oldest’s softball team, and last week the association canceled that day’s game without a drop of rain in the sky. Then shortly after the director messaged to tell me a member of the other team had a family member who was diagnosed. Talking with the other coach she still hasn’t gotten sick, and no one else has admitted to have symptoms.

Yea well, neither of us are members of the medical community, so what do we know... right?

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I wore my mask the other day to the bookstore that required patrons wear masks when entering. When I left, I took my mask off.

When I went to Lakeside mall, there was a sanitizing station when you first walk in. Most stores were closed and others had limits and required masks. I went into the Lego store for my kiddo, who wasn’t with us. They required a mask, so I put my mask on and entered. I found the lego set I wanted to buy and brought it to the socially distanced keypad. I had to hand the lego set to the clerk so she could ring it up. She bagged it up and brought it to me since I was 6 ft away at a separate keypad. When I exited the store, I removed my mask and breathed a sigh of relief that I survived. It was rather amazing how many people were wearing masks improperly, making those masks fairly useless. One patron had a cloth mask on with his nose exposed and an N95 on top.

When we were in New Orleans, we were required to wear masks in public areas, even though the only person near me was my spouse. That is... until we went to eat, where we were allowed to remove our masks and suddenly I was interacting with over a dozen people, touching the same beverage dispenser, napkin holders, door handles, tables, chairs, and everything else you would find in a restaraunt. It’s crazy that I survived.

Since symptoms can show days after being infected, I guess I’ll have to wait to see if I’m infected, but that was a few days ago...

This all just goes to show you have no clue as to what the true danger is.

Step on on of those Legos barefoot in the dark and then get back to us.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Yep. I know quite a few people who got it from one girl who went to tigerland. I wonder how many old vulnerable people they spread it to. Most cases won’t be fatal but how can you live with yourself if you fatally infect an older vulnerable person because you were too cool to take it seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I well aware of what the *true danger* is.

I’ve stated many times before what my opinion is. I don’t think this is the solution.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yep. I know quite a few people who got it from one girl who went to tigerland. I wonder how many old vulnerable people they spread it to. Most cases won’t be fatal but how can you live with yourself if you fatally infect an older vulnerable person because you were too cool to take it seriously.

Do you wear a mask 100% of the time you are in contact with other humans?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Do you wear a mask 100% of the time you are in contact with other humans?

When I am not allowed to “social distance” yes. It is the responsible thing to do for my parents and grandparents, and yours. I have always not been a fan of crowds so it’s not really a big change. Plus I’ve always been the weirdo who washes his hands etc

I have seen the uptick in deceased calls, and it opened my eyes a little more. I was skeptical at first but not anymore. I have also talked to EMS workers about the call volume they experienced at the height of everything. Everyone is an expert using google.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    When I am not allowed to *social distance* yes. It is the responsible thing to do for my parents and grandparents, and yours. I have always not been a fan of crowds so it’s not really a big change. Plus I’ve always been the weirdo who washes his hands etc

I have seen the uptick in deceased calls, and it opened my eyes a little more. I was skeptical at first but not anymore. I have also talked to EMS workers about the call volume they experienced at the height of everything. Everyone is an expert using google.

You’re supposed to wear a mask AND practice social distancing.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Get ready, JP residents. You will now need a mask in every business inside Jefferson Parish.

It’s no different than not shopping at places that violate 2nd amendment rights. Just don’t go

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I was just referring to people who refuse to wear masks, not necessarily you. We can all chose to go somewhere else to spend our money

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was just referring to people who refuse to wear masks, not necessarily you. We can all chose to go somewhere else to spend our money

Oh gotcha. I don’t mind wearing the mask, even if I’m of the opinion that they are silly. If anything, the mask makes you *fit in* as strange as that sounds. People look at you strange if you DON’T have a mask. Wearing the mask, people don’t pay much attention to you.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Thought I would share in the event this impacts you. This came from a multi-state law firm and is not specific to LA.

FAQs: EMPLOYEE PERSONAL TRAVEL DURING COVID-19

The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is presenting challenging issues for employers as many employees and their families travel for summer vacations. Despite the risks, many employees are not canceling their travel plans. Notably, the situation is and will remain fluid. The following frequently asked questions (FAQ) may assist employers in addressing issues resulting from employee personal travel:

Can employers ask employees about their personal travel history and future plans to travel?

Yes, but employers should ensure that all employees are being asked to disclose this information and that the information requested is consistent and in line with business necessity. The key is training your human resources personnel as well as supervisors and managers in order to avoid issues with Title VII and national origin or race discrimination claims.

Can employers prohibit employees from traveling to non-restricted areas for personal reasons?

No, for the simple reason that it is an otherwise legal activity. That said, CDC guidance and recommendations are useful and should be regularly reviewed by human resources personnel. According to the CDC, no geographical area is free from outbreak, but not all areas of outbreak are restricted for travel. Employers are free to urge employees to use common sense when traveling.

Employers can take the following actions:

• educate employees on the current risks of travel, which include being potentially stranded due to government travel restrictions and/or subject to a federally mandated quarantine when the employee returns from travel;
    • to the extent the employee has the ability to work remotely, require the employee to travel with equipment (laptop, portable internet connection, etc.) that would allow the employee to work if he/she is stranded due to travel bans being imposed;
    • inform the employee of interim changes to company policies or practices that may impact their ability to return to work, and how those policies might apply in the event that an employee is stranded or quarantined;
    • monitor those employees returning from such travel for signs of illness.

Can employers restrict personal travel to or through Level 2 and Level 3 countries?
    Although an employer has limited ability to restrict an employee’s personal travel, an employer can require an employee who has traveled from or through a Level 2 or 3 country (as designated by the CDC) to refrain from coming to work and self-quarantine for an appropriate period of time, which is usually 14 days per CDC guidance.

Can an employer require employees to stay home from work following travel on a cruise ship or riverboat?
    Yes. The CDC has designated cruise ship and riverboat travel as a Level 3 risk. Employers can require employees who have been traveling by cruise ship or riverboat to self-quarantine for an appropriate period of time, which is usually 14 days per CDC guidance.

Can employers restrict personal travel to a state or an area within a state that is designated as a *hot spot*?
    No. However, an employer can require an employee who has traveled to a designated *hot spot* to self-quarantine for an appropriate period of time, which is usually 14 days per CDC guidance.
    Designated *hot spots* change periodically. Employers should regularly review the CDC’s list of designated *hot spots*. Employees should be urged to use common sense when traveling to designated *hot spots*.

Can employers require employees who have traveled to high risk areas to undergo a temperature check or otherwise get checked by a doctor (i.e., get tested) prior to returning to the workplace?
    Under current pandemic circumstances, yes. Unlike media reports of businesses taking temperatures of customers visiting their establishment, taking employee temperatures is a different situation. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits employers from making disability-related inquiries and requiring medical examinations UNLESS:

• The employer can show that the inquiry or exam is job-related and consistent with business necessity;
    • The employer has a reasonable belief that the employee poses a *direct threat* to his/her own health or safety, or the health or safety of others that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
    Both the CDC and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) have issued guidance that a global pandemic such as COVID-19 rises to the level of a *direct threat* and indicated that employers taking temperatures during the pandemic is not a violation of the ADA.
    If an employee gets tested, the employer has no obligation to pay for the test outside of the employer’s medical coverage, if any.

What if an employee has a family member(s) who travels to a high risk area?
    Employers can request that employees report any family member(s) with whom they have close contact who have traveled to high-risk areas, in order to determine if the exposure has resulted in the employee posing a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace. The CDC advises that employees who are well, but who have family member(s) that develop the illness, notify human resources personnel and/or their supervisor and refer to CDC guidance on how to conduct a risk assessment of potential exposure.

If an employee is required to self-quarantine following personal travel, must the employee be paid during this time?
    If the employee is able to telework (work remotely from home) while in self-quarantine, they must work and should be paid.
    If the employee is not able to telework while in self-quarantine, two issues should be considered in determining whether the period of self-quarantine (or part of the period of self-quarantine) is paid time off. First, the employer must determine if the employee is eligible for Emergency Paid Sick Leave pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). If the employee qualifies for Emergency Paid Sick Leave under FFCRA for the period of self-quarantine, the employee is entitled to 80 hours of leave at 100% of their regular rate of pay up to $511 daily ($5,111 total). If the employee is not entitled to Emergency Paid Sick Leave, the employee would be entitled to use paid vacation or other PTO time, if any, to cover the period (or part of the period) of the self-quarantine.

Is COVID-19 an FMLA-covered *serious health condition*?
    Not necessarily. If COVID-19 does not satisfy the regulatory definition of a *serious health condition,* employers should not count the absence against the employee’s 12 weeks of FMLA leave. For example, an employee who is required to self-quarantine but is asymptomatic may not be FMLA-qualifying leave.
    Note: the CDC’s website: *Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel* should be regularly consulted for up-to-date travel notices concerning risks.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thought I would share in the event this impacts you. This came from a multi-state law firm and is not specific to LA.

FAQs: EMPLOYEE PERSONAL TRAVEL DURING COVID-19

The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is presenting challenging issues for employers as many employees and their families travel for summer vacations. Despite the risks, many employees are not canceling their travel plans. Notably, the situation is and will remain fluid. The following frequently asked questions (FAQ) may assist employers in addressing issues resulting from employee personal travel:

Easy to just tell your employer whatever you want them to know or think.
    If I want to travel to a higher risk (than my home) area, I can always say that I’m taking some time off to do a project at home or whatever. Problem for a lot of folks is they can’t refrain from tweeting out to the world everything they do and that their home will be vacant for the next couple weeks while they’re laying out at a resort or whatever and post pics every day to show where they are.
    Personally, I retain the right to divulge or not, any personal info to my employer. I generally don’t tell them squat.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am starting to have my doubts about this infection rate here in the US. Why? Consider this and someone explain it to me:

India has a population of over 1 Billion people. That is a 1 with 9 zeros behind it.
    They live literally on top of each other. Over 26 Million in New Delhi Metropolitan area alone. New Delhi is a city, not a state!
    They have open sewage all across the country.
    Their rivers (where hundreds of thousands swim, bathe, and wash clothes), are contaminated with filth and bacteria.

They only have 591,000 cases?
    We (US), has over 2.7 million?
    :confused:

What about Brazil, and other reputable world **** holes were the people are stacked on top of each other in shitty filthy places?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

I am starting to think we are getting a snow job here!!!!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Is it because they have been testing negative or is because they haven’t been testing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom