Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747565758 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 649
  1. #561
    Sooooo Cheesy!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I believe it’s more about personal responsibility but I’m sure I’ll get plenty of argument. I just shake me head every time someone says that masks don’t do any good. Of course they do. But people have to wear them when they’re supposed to, like they’re supposed to. Most people who get infected are contagious days before any symptoms show and can potentially walk around spreading the virus to others. If everyone wears a mask when potentially infected the chances of them infecting other people are dramatically decreased. It’s easy to deny or disagree with that fact if you’ve already decided you don’t want to wear a mask, but those are the facts. No make believe, no hype, and it’s working in areas where it’s practiced as it should be. The weak links that refuse to be personally responsible for their own potential to spread the virus are then a problem. Don’t like these facts? Prove them wrong. Good luck.
    So to reiterate, the wearing of a regular mask (non-respirator, non N-95) is meant to help a person keep their germs to themselves. Then it’s up to the rest of the world to pay attention to what they touch, wash their hands and practice proper hygiene to keep from contracting the virus themselves. I suppose it’s human nature to only care about yourself so I’m assuming people just say screw the rest of the neighborhood, city, state, country, world, and use whatever reason to justify not wearing a mask in public, but in reality they’re just being irresponsible.
    That’s my 2 cents. Spend it on whatever you like.
    Agreed 100%.
    It may seem alarmist still but proper containment procedures will ultimately help prevent disease spread.
    That’s all.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

    Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

  2. #562
    We are the hammer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Because it’s pointless.

    How many times have you been sneezed or coughed on lately?
    I was at the post office yesterday ironically mailing masks back to China that my mother got scammed into buying. I stepped out of line and moved to the back b/c the guy behind me was repeatedly coughing, wasn't wearing a mask, and was not respecting the marks on the floor for keeping his distance. I'm now going to have to stay away from my 65 year old mother for 2 weeks while I isolate and hope I was not infected. If she gets the virus she will likely die as she has COPD and emphysema.

    I just don't understand why people are so upset about wearing a piece of cloth over their mouth so that their coughs/sneezes/etc don't spread all over those around them. It's such a silly thing to get upset over when it has worked for many other countries.

    PS Paypal can go to hell for allowing a scam company's account to remain active after scamming tons of people. They were advertised to her in a Facebook ad being as good as N95 masks, medical grade, and to come with some of the best filters in the industry. They're complete garbage and the "filters" are basically toilet paper. After scamming enough people they closed the website down and the support email no longer exists so you couldn't even order more "filters" if you wanted to. Paypal made us ship them back to China and said they wouldn't reimburse for the shipping cost. Paid $50 for shipping so she could get her $180 back from Paypal. Always research the seller before you press send on your payments! I hope she learned to ask me before wasting more money on garbage. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ds-coronavirus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post.jpg  
    Last edited by Bosco; June 23rd, 2020 at 08:37 PM.

  3. #563
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I was at the post office yesterday ironically mailing masks back to China that my mother got scammed into buying. I stepped out of line and moved to the back b/c the guy behind me was repeatedly coughing, wasn't wearing a mask, and was not respecting the marks on the floor for keeping his distance. I'm now going to have to stay away from my 65 year old mother for 2 weeks while I isolate and hope I was not infected. If she gets the virus she will likely die as she has COPD and emphysema.
    Open your mouth and tell the idiot to stop coughing on everyone. Better yet, stand far away from him. 6 feet should do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I just don't understand why people are so upset about wearing a piece of cloth over their mouth so that their coughs/sneezes/etc don't spread all over those around them. It's such a silly thing to get upset over when it has worked for many other countries.
    Out of all of my friends and family in the medical field, none of them wear a mask unless they are required to. I just don't understand why people think wearing a cloth cover, not a respirator, is doing anything other than keeping your spit from flying out of your face. Coronavirus pandemic or not, I'm going to yell at someone for coughing on me in public. When people stand too close to me, I tell them to back off. Keeping your mouth shut is the problem. Don't get pissy that people think masks are stupid, but then you complain on an internet forum that someone was coughing in public and you did nothing about it.

    FWIW, I think people bitching about wearing masks are just as stupid as people bitching about people not wearing masks.

    I bought another mask today to keep with me when I'm required to wear it. I don't wear it if I don't have to, because I don't want to and I don't care if other people get pissed.

  4. #564
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    It may seem alarmist still but proper containment procedures will ultimately help prevent disease spread.
    That’s all.
    The problem isn't people not wearing masks. It's people not practicing good hygiene to begin with. I can't tell you how many stupid people I've seen touch something, then freak out and touch their face, or put on gloves to touch something, then touch their phone, then put the phone to their face, then touch everything else. How many people do you see touch a menu and not wash their hands before they eat? How many people do you see scratch their face then touch something. I can prevent myself from coughing or sneezing on people without wearing a mask. I suppose some people can't.

    Food for thought: When this first started, the CDC recommended coughing or sneezing into your elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Some people are opposed because they feel like they aren't free if they do something they're told they should do. I'd bet if masks were forbidden, some of them would be saying they would wear the mask and how dare someone say they can't.
    If I'm required to wear it, I will.
    If it's not required, I won't.

    Kind of like how people only take required training, but if it's not required... they won't.
    Last edited by DAVE_M; June 23rd, 2020 at 08:58 PM.

  5. #565
    We are the hammer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Open your mouth and tell the idiot to stop coughing on everyone. Better yet, stand far away from him. 6 feet should do...

    Out of all of my friends and family in the medical field, none of them wear a mask unless they are required to. I just don't understand why people think wearing a cloth cover, not a respirator, is doing anything other than keeping your spit from flying out of your face. Coronavirus pandemic or not, I'm going to yell at someone for coughing on me in public. When people stand too close to me, I tell them to back off. Keeping your mouth shut is the problem. Don't get pissy that people think masks are stupid, but then you complain on an internet forum that someone was coughing in public and you did nothing about it.

    FWIW, I think people bitching about wearing masks are just as stupid as people bitching about people not wearing masks.

    I bought another mask today to keep with me when I'm required to wear it. I don't wear it if I don't have to, because I don't want to and I don't care if other people get pissed.
    It's interesting that you're twisting the situation around to make it my fault that a sick person wasn't wearing a mask because I didn't open my mouth and complain to him. You're getting upset on an internet message forum about wearing masks. You're telling me you'd keep a cool and calm head in a public situation if a stranger called you out about it in front of others? You know exactly how that situation would have escalated.

    I'm not even the one being "pissy" here, I'm just trying to understand the other side of the mask argument. To my knowledge, nobody has claimed that a piece of cloth was a replacement for a respirator. The claims are exactly what you typed out, it keeps your spit from flying out of your face. That's been shown it's enough to help prevent the spread of droplets containing the virus. It's worked in other countries, why is it so controversial in the USA? https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/e...ot-85485125688

  6. #566
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    It's interesting that you're twisting the situation around to make it my fault that a sick person wasn't wearing a mask because I didn't open my mouth and complain to him. You're getting upset on an internet message forum about wearing masks. You're telling me you'd keep a cool and calm head in a public situation if a stranger called you out about it in front of others? You know exactly how that situation would have escalated.

    I'm not even the one being "pissy" here, I'm just trying to understand the other side of the mask argument. To my knowledge, nobody has claimed that a piece of cloth was a replacement for a respirator. The claims are exactly what you typed out, it keeps your spit from flying out of your face. That's been shown it's enough to help prevent the spread of droplets containing the virus. It's worked in other countries, why is it so controversial in the USA? https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/e...ot-85485125688
    Prior to coronavirus, masks were worn by sick people as a courtesy to others. It is a common practice in Asian countries.

    It’s an issue in the USA, not because of masks, but because our culture is full of entitled idiots. The dipshit coughing on everyone should be wearing a mask. The healthy person shouldn’t. People should keep their distance regardless of a pandemic or not, it’s called personal space.

    Prior to this pandemic I yelled at a woman and her husband in the supermarket when they decided to stand in front of the keypad when I was trying to pay. I asked them back up so I could pay and they got pissy. That’s our culture. There is no courtesy. Don’t be surprised if people don’t want to wear masks.

  7. #567
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Btw, I’m not complaining about having to wear a mask. I’m simply choosing not to wear one unless I have to. I have the luxury of staying home if I get sick.

    I simply stated that I noticed more businesses going beyond the mandated rules and required patrons to wear masks, so I bought one. I’m not wasting my respirators, so I’ll play along and wear my cloth mask.

  8. #568
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Every medical professional Iíve talked to, including doctors advised masks work. It is to keep your germs if youíre sick from flying through the air and contaminating other people. It is also used to keep people from subconsciously touching their face and contaminating themselves. Do I wear one all the time, no. Do I have a problem wearing one where itís required, no. Getting into a confrontation over someone coughing on you will likely cause that person to talk and cough more therefore exposing you to their illness more. God forbid if it turns into a physical confrontation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

  9. #569
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Because itís pointless.

    How many times have you been sneezed or coughed on lately?
    This is bad info, it is far from pointless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

  10. #570
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    This is bad info, it is far from pointless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I disagree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •