Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 848575859 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    I disagree.
    Shocker lol. So the country is better off without masks as it relates to the corona virus in your opinion. Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Shocker lol. So the country is better off without masks as it relates to the corona virus in your opinion. Got it.

I think if people had better hygiene, we would be better off.

I also find it amusing that the CDC said don’t wear masks, cough in your elbow, now we should wear masks.

Do what you want, I don’t care. I’ll wear a mask if it’s required. If it’s not, I won’t.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-of...ry?id=70958380
    Last edited by DAVE_M; June 23rd, 2020 at 10:54 PM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

This should help clear up any confusion. I’m posting screen shots instead of a link for your convenience. This is the Louisiana gov/DHH site but it mirrors the CDC guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magdump; June 24th, 2020 at 02:44 AM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I think if people had better hygiene, we would be better off.

I also find it amusing that the CDC said don’t wear masks, cough in your elbow, now we should wear masks.

Do what you want, I don’t care. I’ll wear a mask if it’s required. If it’s not, I won’t.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-of...ry?id=70958380
    You're implying a false dichotomy. Sure, the country would be better off if people had better hygiene. But that does not affect if the country is better off without masks as it relates to the corona virus.

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

This mask wearing debate is not the fault of the collective "citizenry!" This falls squarely on the medical community (with the more than willing help from the usual "useful" idiots in the corrupt media), that fumbled, bumbled, and most likely flat out lied about this virus from the onset. They NEVER walk back anything they proclaim is "scientific" fact when they clearly err, misspeak, or lie.

The earliest and most egregious mistake in this BS came from; of all people, the US Surgeon General when he proclaimed in February, "Masks don't work!" Up until recently, I watched the news almost religiously and NEVER heard him or anyone else say, "Hey, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have concluded that. I apologize!" Nor, did he at least try to BS his way out of it by proclaiming he lied because he didn't want a panic and a run on masks to shorten the supply for the front line health workers. Nothing!

It didn't stop there either. Then Mr. Know all be all, Fauci said that; "we should never shake hands again, but it is ok to have sex with strangers!" This was genius!

Two examples, but the hits just kept coming: Corrupt cover up at WHO, CDC not knowing what to say, months to tell people the virus doesn't do well on inanimate objects, the WHO head of infectious disease recently declaring that asymptomatic spread was not likely, then reversing course the following day because it didn't fit some political narrative. Ok to protest, but not go to the beach!

These dummies, NEVER show any humility for anything they clearly say (on video), that turns out to be incorrect or false. The arrogance of their holier than thou egos is stunning to me.

If you want people to wear masks, then earn the people's trust AGAIN; because even though I play the game too when I have to, I no longer have any use for their updates or suggestions. To me, the damage has been done! To the economy, to the elderly, to the citizenry, to the world. At this point, I hardly care anymore, but this circus is certainly entertaining if not pathetically sad.

Last edited by Emperor; June 24th, 2020 at 07:04 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Open your mouth and tell the idiot to stop coughing on everyone. Better yet, stand far away from him. 6 feet should do...

Out of all of my friends and family in the medical field, none of them wear a mask unless they are required to. I just don't understand why people think wearing a cloth cover, not a respirator, is doing anything other than keeping your spit from flying out of your face. Coronavirus pandemic or not, I'm going to yell at someone for coughing on me in public. When people stand too close to me, I tell them to back off. Keeping your mouth shut is the problem. Don't get pissy that people think masks are stupid, but then you complain on an internet forum that someone was coughing in public and you did nothing about it.

FWIW, I think people bitching about wearing masks are just as stupid as people bitching about people not wearing masks.

I bought another mask today to keep with me when I'm required to wear it. I don't wear it if I don't have to, because I don't want to and I don't care if other people get pissed.

We rarely agree so much, but here we are agreeing again.

I have a problem with people crowding entrances to make sure I wear a mask to enter. Iíve been a fan of social distancing before it had a name. But I think we call it personal space back then. Itís clear more effective than a cotton t-shirt tie to my face like Iím an autistic ninja.

I also have a problem with the clear hypocrisy an lack of understanding from those who insist we all wear mask. Here in Hattiesburg since the idiot mayor decided feel on his head Many story had an officer stationed at the door next to a store employee making sure if you go in you are wearing a mask. The problem is the officers arenít wearing a mask and the store employees are rarely wearing them properly. Then they violate your personal space while touching their mask constantly. To top that off they funnel you in one entrance and out one exit and sometimes in and out the same doors clearly causing a funnel, clearing breaking the 6 feet rule.

The medical professionals in my circle continue to tell me that those who get it bad and/or die from it typically have major co-morbid ailments.

As an addition to the insanity the local hospital a friend works for issues them 2 single use mask to be worn simultaneously every three shifts and yet the only people in the hospital who have caught it have been those you would expect, the immunocompromised.

I would like to point out I continue to practice social distancing and continue to use good hygiene. I avoided risk to what I would consider extreme while we were caring for a dieing family member she didnít deserve to get COVID-19 while suffering from liver failure, but at the end of the day this isnít the Black Death it was billed as, and if we donít get back to normal and allow some healthy folks to catch it and fight it off we will continue to deal with this illogical fear.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    This is bad info, it is far from pointless.

But it is pointless if you practice good hygiene and courtesy to your fellow man.

Stay home if youíre sick, and back the hell off of people if I can reach out a touch you without changing my posture you are probably too close.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    You're implying a false dichotomy. Sure, the country would be better off if people had better hygiene. But that does not affect if the country is better off without masks as it relates to the corona virus.
    So the mask are for people to keep their germs to themselves, what if instead of trying to make people feel good about themselves we thought them how nasty they are so they could change the behavior permanently so that when this foolishness is finally behind us the flu and cold season is less deadly too.

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Just obey, idiots! We got this!

https://www.kqed.org/science/1965648...fter-criticism

Summarizing: "My many years of experience with infectious virus' leads me to believe that what I said yesterday was accurate, but today; I'm just not feeling it!"

Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

This is good stuff, here!

How to wear a mask/face covering

Masks/face coverings should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
    Masks/face coverings should be secured with ties or ear loops
    Masks/face coverings should include multiple layers of fabric
    Masks/face coverings should allow for breathing without restriction
    Masks/face coverings made of cloth should be washed and machine dried without damage or change to shape
    Wash your hands before putting on or taking off a mask/face covering
    Cover both your nose and mouth with your mask/face covering
    Try to avoid a lot of touching/adjusting your mask/face covering
    Completely remove your mask/face covering while eating
    Cloth masks or face coverings should be washed and dried after each use. When your cloth mask is not in use, fold it with the side that goes toward your mouth folded to the inside. Store the mask/face covering in a resealable bag or other clean storage container.
    Disposable masks are acceptable but should be thrown away after one use.