Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The results will normalize over time.
    Think globally.
    Again, I respect your position and am not casting dispersion on them.
    I’m not an alarmist.
    That said, I firmly believe the estimates we have are too low if anything.

Sincerely, I am hoping that when this is all over people can call me out for being wrong.
    I desperately want to be wrong.

I think if people take appropriate precautions the ‘true’ number will be lower. This will be extremely hard to quantify, because if you self quarantine and never get tested you will never get counted unless you die. I’m not Mr. Roses and Sunshine by any means, but I do feel like our high standard of care combined with most of the country’s ability to live semi-isolated, and hopefully the message of hygiene sinking in, will help drive down the death rate.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I think if people take appropriate precautions the ‘true’ number will be lower. This will be extremely hard to quantify, because if you self quarantine and never get tested you will never get counted unless you die. I’m not Mr. Roses and Sunshine by any means, but I do feel like our high standard of care combined with most of the country’s ability to live semi-isolated, and hopefully the message of hygiene sinking in, will help drive down the death rate.

Agreed.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yet you still decided to post your anti-police drivel here. Interesting.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s also worth noting the Brit who did the original modeling recanted on the validity.

Talking with people I know in healthcare it almost sounds like there are varying strains of the novel strain if that makes sense. This is third-hand at best and likely a touch of supposition, so grain of salt and all.

I really enjoyed the video that Perez posted also. If you never listened to your momma before, you should. Wash your hands and stay home and avoid others if you don’t feel well. Mommas are smarter than we ever knew.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?188463-Video-on-Simulating-an-Epidemic

I put it in its own thread in current events to keep the branching in one thread to a minimum.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yet you still decided to post your anti-police drivel here. Interesting.
    Oh what are you going on about now? What could possibly drive you guys? I can’t imagine you thinking this is energy well spent. But knock yourself out. I’ll prolly read whatever you post. Can’t say I’ll lose any sleep over it though.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    At this point I wouldn't even know where to go to get masks.

Unfortunately my friend, you can’t.
    Do your best to protect you and yours.
    Anything covering the airways is better than nothing.
    Staying indoors is good shelter.
    If you have to venture out, maintain distance and keep your time exposed to a minimum.

This sucks but is not the end of the world.
    Please stay safe.
    I hope you well.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just got an update on OLOL from a nurse who works there. They are trying to consolidate all of the covid19 patients in one unit. They are clustering patient care with meals to reduce the number of times they must enter the rooms. The goal is to reduce visits to 3 times per day. Most vitals can be read through the windows without having to enter the room. According to her, OLOL has been wonderful with respect to PPE for their employees since the beginning.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just got an update on OLOL from a nurse who works there. They are trying to consolidate all of the covid19 patients in one unit. They are clustering patient care with meals to reduce the number of times they must enter the rooms. The goal is to reduce visits to 3 times per day. Most vitals can be read through the windows without having to enter the room. According to her, OLOL has been wonderful with respect to PPE for their employees since the beginning.

Ochsner is behind the curve. They are trying to consolidate patients, but the satellite hospitals don't have equipment like main campus does. Even then, main campus is lacking PPE. A nurse I know shared a photo of himself and another nurse wearing painters suits that were not tape sealed, because that's all they have. One nurse had goggles and the other had a face shield. Lack of PPE is a real issue at these facilities.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Ochsner is behind the curve. They are trying to consolidate patients, but the satellite hospitals don't have equipment like main campus does. Even then, main campus is lacking PPE. A nurse I know shared a photo of himself and another nurse wearing painters suits that were not tape sealed, because that's all they have. One nurse had goggles and the other had a face shield. Lack of PPE is a real issue at these facilities.

Unfortunately, this is a growing trend across the world.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    OLOL is consolidating the Covid patients but unfortunately not to just one unit. Several units. We’ve even repurposed a couple of our intensive care units and our Trauma unit. So nobody get into an accident or gunfight if you can avoid it, mkay? Still good if you have anything neuro or cardiac but those beds are also catching MICU and Trauma so...
    We’re just starting to lose a chunk of our staff to the virus but now that we are allowed to freely protect ourselves those numbers may improve. Just hoping who we have left can go the distance and not cave under pressure. Especially our docs. Stay well guys. Eat, sleep, take your vitamins. Kept your immune system healthy like your life depends on it. It just might.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    OLOL is consolidating the Covid patients but unfortunately not to just one unit. Several units. We’ve even repurposed a couple of our intensive care units and our Trauma unit. So nobody get into an accident or gunfight if you can avoid it, mkay? Still good if you have anything neuro or cardiac but those beds are also catching MICU and Trauma so...
    We’re just starting to lose a chunk of our staff to the virus but now that we are allowed to freely protect ourselves those numbers may improve. Just hoping who we have left can go the distance and not cave under pressure. Especially our docs. Stay well guys. Eat, sleep, take your vitamins. Kept your immune system healthy like your life depends on it. It just might.

Sounds like you and other nurses have different stories. Doesn't surprise me, hospital staff always seem to be confused.

I ran what Perez stated by nurses at two other hospitals and they sad that's about what they are doing, including consolidating patients to one unit.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sounds like you and other nurses have different stories. Doesn't surprise me, hospital staff always seem to be confused.

I ran what Perez stated by nurses at two other hospitals and they sad that's about what they are doing, including consolidating patients to one unit.
    Yeah good Dave. One unit. Whatever you say. I truly can’t answer for other facilities and I doubt those nurses can answer for us. Last I counted we had 177 Covid beds from one end of the hospital to the other. When you figure out how to fit that many beds on a 12-24 bed unit please let us know. Is there a point to it all anyway? You can’t prove me wrong if I’m right you know...you do know that, don’t you?

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Folks, please stop arguing.
    This is a conflict we are all in.
    The pandemic is real and we’re all seeing different sides of it.
    Right now we’re on the upswing and haven’t yet crested the peak.
    That will come with time.

Let’s just stay honest, report what we know and weather it out.

We’re all in this together and arguing isn’t going to help anyone.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Folks, please stop arguing.
    This is a conflict we are all in.
    The pandemic is real and we’re all seeing different sides of it.
    Right now we’re on the upswing and haven’t yet crested the peak.
    That will come with time.

Let’s just stay honest, report what we know and weather it out.

We’re all in this together and arguing isn’t going to help anyone.
    You’re right Cheesy. I really don’t know why I perpetuate their BS. I could just as easily ignore them. They seem to have a problem ignoring me tho. I hope I never understand what drives them. It’s gotta be something dark.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    It amazes me how someone can get banned so many times but still come back, stir ****, and nutt hug........... guess it good to be friends with certain admins.

Top Bottom