Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So, as Trump seems to have his mind made up on this, now shooting for Easter as the re-opening date for America. Notice the trends.

Here is Washington State's Corona stats: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

Now, as you read it, notice that the mortality rate is at 5% up there. However, as you ponder that, think about the hundreds of people who are not showing symptoms, and/or are asymptomatic. These people are not being tested, and they are not dying. If they die, they will be tested and added to the stats.

That said, and using Washington's numbers, if you add 100 people (who may be infected and are not being counted), to this number the mortality rate drops .002 percent. Doesn't seem like a lot, but do you really believe that only a few hundred people are infected and are not being counted in a state of 7.8 million?

Try the equation yourselves with whatever number you believe is actually those people walking around up there with the virus, with very mild symptoms, or no symptoms at all.

Deaths 123 divided by _________ (Your guess) = ___________ (Mortality Rate %)

From a comparison with the Flu, this virus (at least by the numbers), is more deadly thus far. But as the numbers of cases continue to climb and / or outpace the death rate, then the mortality rate of this particular virus drops and evidently becomes no more serious than a typical yearly Influenza season, and is no more deadly to any extra age group above what the Flu is.

This is what matters, and this is what Trump is tracking!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    The worldwide mortality trend is at 3% according to WHO.
    Much worse than the flu.
    And remember, the same issues exist in determining the flu mortality rate so I’d say it’s comparable.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Much worse than the flu.
    And remember, the same issues exist in determining the flu mortality rate so I’d say it’s comparable.

Yep!

But now knowing the WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, may have colluded with China to cover up the virus all the way back in October, I would be skeptical of anything coming out of there.

It's really sad too! Because I am sure there are some really good people in that organization as a whole. If it is concluded that this guy did in fact help in the concealment of this virus (that is what the early anecdotal evidence suggests), he should be imprisoned!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Yep!

But now knowing the WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, may have colluded with China to cover up the virus all the way back in October, I would be skeptical of anything coming out of there.

It's really sad too! Because I am sure there are some really good people in that organization as a whole. If it is concluded that this guy did in fact help in the concealment of this virus (that is what the early anecdotal evidence suggests), he should be imprisoned!

Yeah, they really botched it.
    I definitely saw a trend to cover China’s incompetent response to the virus.
    That said, I believe that 3% is a low estimate, all things considered.

Time will tell.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah, they really botched it.
    I definitely saw a trend to cover China’s incompetent response to the virus.
    That said, I believe that 3% is a low estimate, all things considered.

Time will tell.

Yep!

Incidentally, I personally don't think China's response was incompetent. I believe wholeheartedly they were calculating, manipulative; and nefariously hiding the truth from the entire world. Their communist regime are complete dirtbags!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Yep!

Incidentally, I personally don't think China's response was incompetent. I believe wholeheartedly they were calculating, manipulative; and nefariously hiding the truth from the entire world. Their communist regime are complete dirtbags!

I totally agree with you on this.
    But, it’s not the most competent way of handling things in my opinion.
    Semantics, basically.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Much worse than the flu.

Even if you give the WHO the benefit of the doubt. The asymptomatic cases in other countries have likely gone untested in greater number than in America. The point is you can’t get an accurate estimate of death rate until you have an accurate estimate of asymptomatic cases. If you only use those who are actually sick from the virus to determine the death rate (which is what likely happened in some of these other countries) the the death rate would be overstated by comparison to the prevalence. The only way to provide accurate estimates would be to test the population at large in a scientific method like they would with a poll. Once you were able to determine the percentage of people who remain asymptomatic if even untreated the you could apply those numbers to the number of cases who are suffering from the virus. Then you could reasonably conclude how many people actually have/had it total. Then you apply number of deaths to get an accurate number.

The way it sounds the reported death rate calculation is similar to going to a Democratic primary and polling who likes Berney and saying half the country like Berney when it’s really only half the Democrats.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Even if you give the WHO the benefit of the doubt. The asymptomatic cases in other countries have likely gone untested in greater number than in America. The point is you can’t get an accurate estimate of death rate until you have an accurate estimate of asymptomatic cases. If you only use those who are actually sick from the virus to determine the death rate (which is what likely happened in some of these other countries) the the death rate would be overstated by comparison to the prevalence. The only way to provide accurate estimates would be to test the population at large in a scientific method like they would with a poll. Once you were able to determine the percentage of people who remain asymptomatic if even untreated the you could apply those numbers to the number of cases who are suffering from the virus. Then you could reasonably conclude how many people actually have/had it total. Then you apply number of deaths to get an accurate number.

The way it sounds the reported death rate calculation is similar to going to a Democratic primary and polling who likes Berney and saying half the country like Berney when it’s really only half the Democrats.

True, but it is a best guess estimate in good faith.
    The most accurate way of knowing the true numbers is after this is all over, and even then a lot is guesswork.
    (I have taught epistats at Tulane Med School in the past so I have somewhat of a grasp.)
    Use what you validate as most trustworthy as a rough guide.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    True, but it is a best guess estimate in good faith.
    The most accurate way of knowing the true numbers is after this is all over, and even then a lot is guesswork.
    (I have taught epistats at Tulane Med School in the past so I have somewhat of a grasp.)
    Use what you validate as most trustworthy as a rough guide.

Ive never had epistats, and you taught it so you clearly have a leg up on me, but we both know 3% is a gross over estimate. Personally if I was being asked to give numbers on something like this I would decline. But the media and public would loose their ever loving minds without something regardless of how badly compiled and grossly inaccurate. Time will tell the truth but I fear we may be doing irrevocable harm to our country due to bad statistics.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Ive never had epistats, and you taught it so you clearly have a leg up on me, but we both know 3% is a gross over estimate. Personally if I was being asked to give numbers on something like this I would decline. But the media and public would loose their ever loving minds without something regardless of how badly compiled and grossly inaccurate. Time will tell the truth but I fear we may be doing irrevocable harm to our country due to bad statistics.

My friend, statistics are not a true science as much as they are an art form.
    Sure, the formulas are set but only give you back what you put in.
    Shitty research equals inaccurate results.
    Great research equals better results but nothing that’s 100% set in stone.
    (Garbage in=Garbage out.)

Wasn’t trying to one up you at all.
    In this event we’re living we owe it to each other to be as informed as we can and to share that knowledge freely and honestly.
    Cue in China, who seem to believe they have everything to gain by altering their reporting of the epidemic to make it look better than it really is.
    Most of the logged data currently has been filtered through China’s propaganda system and is neither reliable nor overly valid in my opinion.
    Unfortunately it’s all we really have.
    I am guessing that it’s overly optimistic.
    The better reporting will come from areas that are less politically stifling.
    Italy, France, Britain, U.S., etc. will likely look totally different from China’s offerings.
    I am betting they’ll be higher in mortality alone, not taking into account intervening variables such as blood type, age, race, etc.
    I am hoping I’m very wrong.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

In this event we’re living we owe it to each other to be as informed as we can and to share that knowledge freely and honestly.
    Cue in China, who seem to believe they have everything to gain by altering their reporting of the epidemic to make it look better than it really is.
    Most of the logged data currently has been filtered through China’s propaganda system and is neither reliable nor overly valid in my opinion.
    Italy, France, Britain, U.S., etc. will likely look totally different from China’s offerings.
    I am betting they’ll be higher in mortality alone, not taking into account intervening variables such as blood type, age, race, etc.

I didn’t thank that at all it’s good you put your creds out there it’s worth knowing. I think in a lot of ways we have made the tough decisions so that our mortality rate will be significantly lower than say Italy. It really caught them with their pants down. But this virus seems to pick and choose how it effects people. Those studies will be interesting to see particularly here in the us where we will try to make sense of it all. You know I just hope that’s when it’s all said and done it looks like we overreacted because that usually means what we did worked.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I didn’t thank that at all it’s good you put your creds out there it’s worth knowing. I think in a lot of ways we have made the tough decisions so that our mortality rate will be significantly lower than say Italy. It really caught them with their pants down. But this virus seems to pick and choose how it effects people. Those studies will be interesting to see particularly here in the us where we will try to make sense of it all. You know I just hope that’s when it’s all said and done it looks like we overreacted because that usually means what we did worked.

100% agreed.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I hope our government isn't using any reporting from China on this current crisis. If those scumbags thought they could have completely hidden this from the rest of the world, I know in my head and my heart, they surely would have!

Remember, the Chinese doctor who secretly sounded the alarm of this oncoming pandemic, is dead! They (scumbag Chinese regime), said he died from it! Yea!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Stimulus passes Senate 90-0

I am actually going to read the final passed version when it passes the House. At least the parts that pertain to my business, and my employees.

I will post my interpretations after that.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Stimulus passes Senate 90-0

I am actually going to read the final passed version when it passes the House. At least the parts that pertain to my business, and my employees.

I will post my interpretations after that.

Looking forward to it.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Remember, the Chinese doctor who secretly sounded the alarm of this oncoming pandemic, is dead! They (scumbag Chinese regime), said he died from it! Yea!

What you talking about Emp. The doctor died because they dipped the 9mm round into a vat of virus and then shot him with it so the virus hit first and killed him.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If there are any labor attorneys on here, please read Title II, Section 2104 in Subtitle A - Unemployment Insurance Provisions in the CARES Act and see if you can interpret this.

I think this is the section that pays employees extra money on top of the state's unemployment wage. Some are surmising this could be up to $800.00 per week total. That is more "net" salary, than most small business employees pay as their "gross" salary.

https://www.scribd.com/document/453273118/Cares-Act-Final-Text

This will be a problem for many businesses if what I think I'm reading is correct.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom