Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    They are usually stocked at the BR store, bring coupon and they honor that price
    I went by there. They told me HF doesn't sell trailers in La. Something to do with the taxes or registration.
    ​"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwhaley929 View Post
    I went by there. They told me HF doesn't sell trailers in La. Something to do with the taxes or registration.
    They got some for just a little more money at bass pro or cabellas and better quality than Hf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Iíve never priced them, but Tractor Supply always has small to medium trailers in their parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm going to hit up Basspro and Cabelas today. Lowes shows some on their website too. I just can get one that's too heavy. 1000 pounds is the max towing weight. I should have kept my truck.

Thanks for the tips.

Pops

User Info Menu

Truck and Trailer World in Denham and Mike Gerald's Trailer World on Florida have better trailers than HD or Lowes at lower prices.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Mike Gerald's didn't have one small enough. Plus they didn't know what they weighed which I thought was weird. I'm going to go by Truck and Trailer world. Lowes has angle steel welded trailers for around $500. That will probably work.

Thanks everyone.

Marksman

User Info Menu

There is a Northern tools (Like harbor freight) in Lafayette that sells the same trailers as HF, give im a call; Store bought trailers start around $600 vs the kit for $350

Marksman

User Info Menu

Right off the bat, get sizes and buy better bearings/bearing buddies, if you get that Hf trailer. The first time you take it over 55mph with the original bearings, youíll see why I mention this if you donít. The original bearings are garbage.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    Right off the bat, get sizes and buy better bearings/bearing buddies, if you get that Hf trailer. The first time you take it over 55mph with the original bearings, you’ll see why I mention this if you don’t. The original bearings are garbage.
    I forgot about that, and they were packed with vaseline for grease

Marksman

User Info Menu

I've pretty much decided to go with the heavier duty welded trailer. I'll probably end up using it a lot more than I think I will and I'd hate worrying about the cheaper trailer every time I used it. I'll just have to wait on the lift kit and mud tires for the ole Camry. Maybe when uncle Donny sends me some stimulus money....