Open Carrier robbed of Pistol in Houma.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    News Release Document
    March 16th, 2020

On March 13th,2020 at approximately 3:30pm the Houma Police Department responded to an armed robbery near the intersection of Memory Lane and Melrose Avenue. Upon arrival officers made contact with a 21 year old male victim who told officers that he had been robbed by two teenage male suspects brandishing a firearm. The victim advised that he was open carrying a firearm within a holster on his hip when he was approached by the two suspects. As the suspects approached him they brandished a firearm and robbed him of his weapon. The suspects then fled but were later located by a patrolling officer. As the officer attempted to contact the suspects they fled but were apprehended in a residential neighborhood near prospect.

Upon taking the suspects into custody they were identified as Lamar Sneede 17years old and Dehryon Fleming 17 years old. Both Suspects were then transported to the Terrebonne Parish Criminal Justice Complex where they were booked with Armed Robbery, Resisting an Officer and Possession of Marijuana.

Sgt Travis Theriot
    Chief of Detectives
    Houma Police Department
    500 Honduras Street
    Houma, La. 70360
    (985) 873-6371, Ext. 6320
    ttheriot@tpcg.org

OC advocates will tell you that's impossible.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I worked at a job site that was in a really bad area. I was told they were not happy I carried. they would have had no idea but the office gal told them.
    The said we have a guard. We worked there a few days and then went no guard. I asked why he was not there? they said right after we left and he was alone he was robbed of his gun and beaten badly and was in the hospital. He later quit and never returned.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Sounds like he was not paying attention to his surroundings. But atleast the two POS's were caught in short order and are in jail where they should be and charged as adults. Probably not their first rodeo or last for that matter. As far as stupid goes that would be the 2 idiots who are now in jail.
    Concealed carry permit is in my opinion UNCONSTITUTIONAL. We should not have to pay for permission to exercise a RIGHT as well as submit fingerprints, name, address and register a pistol when the 2nd states SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. And if it were CONSTITUTIONAL then why have 16 states passed a bill titled CONSTITUTINAL CARRY that allows a legal person to carry openly or concealed WITHOUT having a permit.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    OC advocates will tell you that's impossible.

Those streets in Houma are not a safe neighborhood. Please do not think a 21 year old walking around, much less open carrying in that neighborhood is like members of Bayoushooter.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Sounds like he was not paying attention to his surroundings. But atleast the two POS's were caught in short order and are in jail where they should be and charged as adults. Probably not their first rodeo or last for that matter. As far as stupid goes that would be the 2 idiots who are now in jail.
    Concealed carry permit is in my opinion UNCONSTITUTIONAL. We should not have to pay for permission to exercise a RIGHT as well as submit fingerprints, name, address and register a pistol when the 2nd states SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. And if it were CONSTITUTIONAL then why have 16 states passed a bill titled CONSTITUTINAL CARRY that allows a legal person to carry openly or concealed WITHOUT having a permit.

They can only carry in their State without a Permit. Basically useless if you ever go beyond the State Borders.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    yep... open carry is only for cops and hunting situations lol

I see it differently. Open carry is for anyone willing to accept the risk of increased attention from the good, bad, and annoying people in our society. Quite frankly my choice to conceal has as much to do with potential daily annoyances of open carry as it does bad guys picking me out as a mark.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

We don't have to register a pistol when we get a CHP

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have a "Generic" Camouflage Uncle Mikes for my Norinco M-213 I paid $99.99 with an extra magazine @ Challmette Gun and Jewelry.
    And some Imported 125 Grain Steel Cased Ammo. And My Boy Scout FDE Belt.
    What else do I need?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I remember them.
    Good times!
    ;)

Guns or the shop? I was good friends with Steve C. and Steve G. Steves's dad held the FFL. And had a small store by the Taco Bell- Bingo Hall in Slidell on Hwy 11.
    I bought a few things from him. As they set him up a small store when he retired to keep him busy. They would go in the back and test fire guns into a bucket or something filled with sand when need be.
    The store was cool had a rack of Grands and Carbines just waiting dirt cheap

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Anybody need some water, toilet paper, bread at WalMart? I am all loaded up got my pistol and a whole pocket of loose ammo.
    Loose half a pocket of ammo =Kenner Reload! Eat my dust New York Reload

Attachments

• 20200317_220240.jpg
      20200317_220240.jpg
      277.3 KB · Views: 89
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom