Open Carrier robbed of Pistol in Houma.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    New Orleans, LA
    I live in an "up and coming" neighborhood in New Orleans and I've never felt unsafe walking around my neighborhood though. Although, I'm a big, burly man who makes eye-contact with everyone I see. I'm usually walking my 65 lbs pitbull female who can smell untrustworthy people.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    That's why I do not open carry, although my permit allows it in Texas. Last year I was talking to the range officer/deputy sheriff at the Ouachita parish range, showing him my new carry at the time and we were discussing that, and he agreed it was not smart for civilians to open carry, no problem with concealed.

copterdrvr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Open carry is good if you want to be the first person shot during any armed assault/robbery......

I think being able to surprise the dirtbag until he hears he sound of gunfire and hits the floor in shock and amazement is the only way to go.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Open carry is good if you want to be the first person shot during any armed assault/robbery......

I think being able to surprise the dirtbag until he hears he sound of gunfire and hits the floor in shock and amazement is the only way to go.

Exactly.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

My thoughts exactly.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Exercised his rights and caused two dirt bags to get put in slammer, what is not to like.

What is that old wise saying? Rights not used are soon..... well I do not really remember it, but it sounded true when I first heard it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Exercised his rights and caused two dirt bags to get put in slammer, what is not to like.

What is that old wise saying? Rights not used are soon..... well I do not really remember it, but it sounded true when I first heard it.

He's very lucky they didn't shoot him with his own weapon or shoot him first and then take his weapon.

He could have exercised his rights in a better, safer, and more thought out manner and he wouldn't have had his gun taken from him.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    He's very lucky they didn't shoot him with his own weapon or shoot him first and then take his weapon.

He could have exercised his rights in a better, safer, and more thought out manner and he wouldn't have had his gun taken from him.

Could have happened to a concealed carrier, don't kid yourself.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Could have happened to a concealed carrier, don't kid yourself.

Unlikely. Concealed = concealed. Can't rob someone of the gun that you don't know is there.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Reminds me of an article I read where the homeowner had one of those "Don't mind the dog, beware of owner" signs and then had the surprised pikachu face when his home was robbed and his guns stolen. Advertising to bad guys that you have guns is a good way to make yourself a target.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Reminds me of an article I read where the homeowner had one of those "Don't mind the dog, beware of owner" signs and then had the surprised pikachu face when his home was robbed and his guns stolen. Advertising to bad guys that you have guns is a good way to make yourself a target.

Reminds me of the article I read once that put forth the idea that the victim causes the criminal to do criminal stuff.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Reminds me of the article I read once that put forth the idea that the victim causes the criminal to do criminal stuff.

Broadcasting that you have things that criminals may want when there is an easy option to not broadcast is doing yourself a disservice.

Simply put, there is no advantage to open carrying that outweighs the plethora of benefits of carrying concealed.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

Evil has existed far longer than man. Evil will exist when man dies out and goes extinct. Anyone who blames the innocent for being the victim of evil is an ******* in my book. All I'm saying is that there are ways to avoid making yourself a target of evil.

I live in a relatively quiet neighborhood with very low crime. There's been a few posts on Ring Neighbors and Nextdoor.com complaining recently that evil people have been walking the streets late at night have robbing vehicles with the doors left unlocked. Nobody says it's their fault but it's definitely led to more people locking their vehicle doors.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Evil has existed far longer than man. Evil will exist when man dies out and goes extinct. Anyone who blames the innocent for being the victim of evil is an ******* in my book. All I'm saying is that there are ways to avoid making yourself a target of evil.

I live in a relatively quiet neighborhood with very low crime. There's been a few posts on Ring Neighbors and Nextdoor.com complaining recently that evil people have been walking the streets late at night have robbing vehicles with the doors left unlocked. Nobody says it's their fault but it's definitely led to more people locking their vehicle doors.

Hopefully it also leads people to not leaving guns or valuables in vehicles.

Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Why would “ anyone” want to broadcast that they are carrying.... with all due respect, open carry is a foolish idea that is nothing more than pointless posturing.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Why would * anyone* want to broadcast that they are carrying.... with all due respect, open carry is a foolish idea that is nothing more than pointless posturing.

Because some people believe that the CHP process puts you on Hitler's list.

96f.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom