HK Pro Forum, don't waste your time

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    So I had been planning to sign up to HK Pro, as I have some HK roller builds to finish and it is a good source of info and they also have a marketplace.

Long story short, got banned after 4 or 5 posts, due to "spamming"... no method to contact admin

So I registered again and tried to find a way to contact admin, no luck. Made a few threads, then had my IP address blocked.

this time I got a link to contact admin, so I did. I explained what had happened in that message.

So far no reply, but I logged back in at work this morning and everything seemed ok. Replied to a post in one of the threads I started, and started surfing the new threads. Then I was banned again.

Not worth my time. I did nothing different there than what I do here. They have pretty strict rules about post WTS outside of the marketplace, and asking for price estimates outside of the premium section. Neither of which I did. I guess I rubbed some mod the wrong way by asking questions and having a low post count....

*****EDIT***** Update

So I got a reply back from who I believe to be the admin.

We exchanged a few emails and they decided to lift the ban. Reason given was that I mentioned that I was up in the air on a build and commented that I might just sell the parts and finish another hk build with the proceeds or something like that.

So some of it was my fault! Fair enough. I was a newb over there.

Rapid fire posting was also mentioned, 10 post a day seems pretty tame for me, but.....

Anyways, I have started a thread over there and received a bunch of helpful replies. So the members seem to be good guys, as I figured they would be. Used the marketplace and picked up a few needed parts and mags. Everyone seemed gtg in the marketplace too.

Just make sure you follow the rules to the T if you plan to join. I can imagine that they have had increased membership since the new hk 9mm sp5 came out.

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    So I had been planning to sign up to HK Pro, as I have some HK roller builds to finish and it is a good source of info and they also have a marketplace.

Long story short, got banned after 4 or 5 posts, due to "spamming"... no method to contact admin

So I registered again and tried to find a way to contact admin, no luck. Made a few threads, then had my IP address blocked.

this time I got a link to contact admin, so I did. I explained what had happened in that message.

So far no reply, but I logged back in at work this morning and everything seemed ok. Replied to a post in one of the threads I started, and started surfing the new threads. Then I was banned again.

Not worth my time. I did nothing different there than what I do here. They have pretty strict rules about post WTS outside of the marketplace, and asking for price estimates outside of the premium section. Neither of which I did. I guess I rubbed some mod the wrong way by asking questions and having a low post count....

Maybe it was your Avatar.... :D

l8buhgbrvdjep0q5jt4.jpg

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If anyone thinks Glock Owners are biased try the HK forum.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Got you. What’s your username there? Might be helpful. If not, I’ll try to figure out how to change the password on my account there and you can have it.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/forum.php#/topics/510816

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    With just a little bit of reading I found the forum admin's email address. If you couldn't find it...maybe you overlooked some other rules, too.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    With just a little bit of reading I found the forum admin's email address. If you couldn't find it...maybe you overlooked some other rules, too.

I did have a look after I registered the 2nd time, but decided to ride it out and see what happened. I really thought that my persoanl email addy was the reason, as it has caused me issues. Plus the fact that the registration process did not require a mod to verify before it was oked, so i figured that the mods reviewed the registration at a later time, which appears to be true.

I could not access much of the forum when they blocked the IP addy, but I did get an option to contact the admin at that point.

And , I am not really that good with computers and forums, I can search and post, and find a member if I can spell their name. All of the other forum stuff is not really why I am here. I don't think I have ever actively searched an email on a forum.

I am communicating with someone over there right now. I ll update with more info.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Glad to see you're still making friends everywhere you go James :D

That cuts deep Josh....

Especially from you. Social distancing is a family motto right? I know it is for me, been practicing it for over a decade!!! Not doing very well, it is my darned career choice. Hard to fix other peoples cars with no social contact.

I updated the OP to reflect my emails with the Admin. HK Pro is GTG, just make sure you follow the rules and mind you Ps and Qs.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    That cuts deep Josh....

Especially from you. Social distancing is a family motto right? I know it is for me, been practicing it for over a decade!!! Not doing very well, it is my darned career choice. Hard to fix other peoples cars with no social contact.

I updated the OP to reflect my emails with the Admin. HK Pro is GTG, just make sure you follow the rules and mind you Ps and Qs.

Hey now! I was social distancing before it was cool. Glad you got it all straightened out at the HK site. They're definitely lucky to have your wealth of knowledge :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom