Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast
    Engraver

User Info Menu

New Application turnaround

Has anyone applied lately and if so how was the turnaround time. Id heard that they were not processing new apps at the moment? I unfortunately let my permit lapse and had to file as a new permit. I filed 3 days ago. Well see how it goes.

Not a Fed.

User Info Menu

This was posted in another thread by one of our members a few days ago.

Spoke with someone at the LSP CHP office this morning. She said the holdup is still related to the breach back in November, and apparently we’re all just piling up as *approved* but not yet technically rubber stamped. She didn’t know when someone up the food chain would hit the go button but said it’d likely be at least another few weeks.

If you call, push 1 then 4 to get to a real human.

I would bet it will be longer now with things being shut down.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Engraver

User Info Menu

When I first applied years ago it was a 3-6 month wait so I guess a month or two is better than it used to be.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I had in person dropped off in early January. and I was kinda getting worried since I got 2 emails immediately then, nothing for 2 months.

Marksman

User Info Menu

With the coronavirus disruptions, it's anyone's guess.

That said, I dropped my new application off last September-ish. I had my permit within a week.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

On Target

User Info Menu

Sent mine in Dec 19 and got email today said was approved and would be in mail in 2 or 3 weeks. So pretty close to 4 months.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Got my approval email today (printed and paid 1/16/20 so about about 11 weeks), says permit will be in the mail in another 10-15 days.

On Target

User Info Menu

Just saw this thread after emailing them and hearing back.

I submitted January 28th and it’s still pending review. It’s nice to see I’m not the only one waiting.

On Target

User Info Menu

New Application turnaround

Quote Originally Posted by brandonan14 View Post
    Just saw this thread after emailing them and hearing back.

I submitted January 28th and its still pending review. Its nice to see Im not the only one waiting.
    Definitely not. I mailed mine 1-17-20. I saw in another thread on here, in the laws section, that the CHP unit isnt working until the stay at home order from the governor is rescinded. No permits are being processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pwc001; April 19th, 2020 at 08:22 PM.

User Info Menu

I got mine in 3 days but I went to HQ in Baton Rouge and did everything.