Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    UNSC Spartan

User Info Menu

Like others said i think it's just tied to the individual that has your file and how fast or slow they move.

I filed my renewal 11/10 and as of 1/5 it still said "Pending Acceptance" I politely emailed asking if there was something on my end preventing acceptance and immediately got a response saying I was good with a link to pay. Now it says "Pending Review" don't know wtf they've been been doing the last 2 months?

Meanwhile I know first hand of first time applicants and renewals submitted around my time that have received their cards already. One as fast as 19 days from submitting.

The whole "we're so swamped" only holds up if everyone is taking that long. Tax dollars at work I suppose.

On Target

User Info Menu

Application submitted online 10/11/20.
    prints sent via mail
    Approved 1/13/21

Marksman

User Info Menu

I took the class Saturday applied sunday online went and got my prints done on Monday. Got a email from them today I was approved and should have my license in the mail 10-15 days. I think the key is doing everything online. Mail takes for ever and even if you bring it in someone still needs to type everything into the system. Online everything is in system someone just has to look at it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SSaltz View Post
    I took the class Saturday applied sunday online went and got my prints done on Monday. Got a email from them today I was approved and should have my license in the mail 10-15 days. I think the key is doing everything online. Mail takes for ever and even if you bring it in someone still needs to type everything into the system. Online everything is in system someone just has to look at it.
    Most certainly. I mailed everything in and expecting about a 5-month turnaround

treat never keep keep

User Info Menu

So they did the BG check in 2 days?

We finished my wife’s on the 30th and mine on the 6th, but haven’t heard anything back yet. Did everything online also.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I want to commend the people at the LSPCHD for taking care of me in such a timely manor. I took the class last saturday got everything done online and at headquarters and I got my license in today's mail. ONE WEEK WHHOOOOOO HOOOOO

On Target

User Info Menu

I want to commend the people at the LSPCHD for taking care of me in such a timely manor. I took the class last saturday got everything done online and at headquarters and I got my license in today's mail. ONE WEEK WHHOOOOOO HOOOOO
    So same as me. Mine took two weeks but I'm thinking that's because I did it right before the holidays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4-14 View Post
    So they did the BG check in 2 days?

We finished my wife’s on the 30th and mine on the 6th, but haven’t heard anything back yet. Did everything online also.
    Where did you get the prints done?

Marksman

User Info Menu

state police headquarters. They went straight to computer.

On Target

User Info Menu

Nope... My renewal was 100% online and it still took over 2 months.