Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    My renewal took 3 months and everything was processed online. It doesn’t matter if you do paper or online, it still has to be reviewed and approved.
    For a renewal do you still need prints?

It seems, from reading this post, renewals are taking longer then new applications. New applications that are done online and have prints done at the headquarters are done the quickest. As I have posted before... Mine was approved the day after I did my prints. Actually, the lady who did my prints told me right then and there "it'll be in the mail".

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WhereIsIt? View Post
    For a renewal do you still need prints?

It seems, from reading this post, renewals are taking longer then new applications. New applications that are done online and have prints done at the headquarters are done the quickest. As I have posted before... Mine was approved the day after I did my prints. Actually, the lady who did my prints told me right then and there "it'll be in the mail".
    No prints needed for renewals.

-Global Mod-
    Caballoloco

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by freedive10 View Post
    Renewal STILL pending. SUBMITTED on 11/10/2020.

Anyone have the e-mail to send inquiry that resulted in a quick response?
    Ccw renewal accepted today.
    "Survival is a side effect of winning"- Pat Rogers

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"If You Ain't Bleeding, You Ain't Training!"- Freedive10

Marksman

User Info Menu

SUBMITTED on 12/21/2020 As of today still pending. Given your timeline looks like I should expect another month at least.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

User Info Menu

I applied Feb 10, 2021. Permit arrived today April 7, 2021. Less than two months. Really nice considering everyone was saying 6 months.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 70068shooter View Post
    I applied Feb 10, 2021. Permit arrived today April 7, 2021. Less than two months. Really nice considering everyone was saying 6 months.
    I know several that applied 5 weeks before you and nothing yet.
    Did anyone on this forum say it took 6 months to receive their permit?

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I know several that applied 5 weeks before you and nothing yet.
    Did anyone on this forum say it took 6 months to receive their permit?
    Not sure about six months, but 3+ months isn’t odd right now.

Was is approved yet? Still waiting?

On Target

User Info Menu

It took just over 7 months for me. I mailed off the app in mid August 2020 and just received my permit 2 weeks ago. Once they opened and entered it in late February, it took about a month.
    Last edited by ARshooter; April 7th, 2021 at 07:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Bear with me here:

I filled out a paper application for a new permit and hand-delivered it to the LSP HQ in Baton Rouge a few weeks ago. I paid via money order while there, and also did my prints there.

So I email them last Friday checking in and they say they're still processing paper apps from January. They did say that if I pushed an online app through, that it would speed up the process.

This past Friday night, I submitted my online app and they already had my payment and my prints. Today, they e-mailed me saying I was approved, and to expect my permit in the mail in 10-15 days.

So, sending the app online and doing the prints at LSP HQ seems to be the quickest method at this point. HTH

Be honest.

User Info Menu

Good afternoon gents - just a current update. Had a student take her class with me April 3rd. She went to BR for prints on the 12th, and paid the same day. Today, the 22nd of April she just received her permit in the mail. 10 days total. Hopefully this is back to the great turnaround times we used to have!
    "The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it." - Albert Einstein