Ranges open?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I know per Mayor Cantrell I should stay at home, but after being run ragged at the pharmacy all week long, with double the volume of a normal week and 100's of calls. I need to de-stress. Any ranges open? Want some fun time before the upcoming week of craziness at the pharmacy. Also I have a baby coming in less than 2 weeks, so range time will be super limited after that.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks, I’m in the NOLA area and yes I understand what you mean by bringing the first aid kit. I used to shoot very often and when the panic buying Happened during Obama, there were plenty of times I left the range early to prevent incidents when I saw new shooters with poor muzzle and trigger discipline
    . I can always shoot another day was my motto. Now I have a standard 5 day job with children and the range trips trickled almost to a halt.

I think this weekend will be my last chance to get a trip in. And work has been driving me nuts!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Saw on another site about some dude wanting to sell a box of 45/70 because it wouldn't work in his brand new 1911
    Just trying to recoup his money?

I was once at honey island watching some kids fire an AK pistol from the hip. Mag dump style on the pistol line. I was thinking WTF, so I distanced myself from them, but then I saw 3 of them standing around 1 guy trying to load a mag and wondering why the ammo wouldn't fit this time. They were trying to load some 7.62x54 into an AK mag, then a bright guy pulled the bolt back and was trying to hand chamber one in there. That's when I stepped in and told them you have the wrong round

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I was once at honey island watching some kids fire an AK pistol from the hip. Mag dump style on the pistol line. I was thinking WTF, so I distanced myself from them, but then I saw 3 of them standing around 1 guy trying to load a mag and wondering why the ammo wouldn't fit this time. They were trying to load some 7.62x54 into an AK mag, then a bright guy pulled the bolt back and was trying to hand chamber one in there. That's when I stepped in and told them you have the wrong round

Yee Gads man,That's why I keep the old first aid kit in the truck...and once had to break it out at Sherburne

Dude with a new 35 wheelen single banger ended up with a case of The Scope eye...I handed it to him and told him his buddy will have too patch you up....

lottem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Top Bottom