Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3121314 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 212
  1. #121
    crusty old bastard

    User Info Menu

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    If you go out and do what you want to do simply to oppose the governor mandating what should be done, you become the problem. Go do what you need to do then go home. If doing what you're supposed to do happens to coincide with what is suggested or mandated, so be it. He's not mandating you sacrifice your first born son.
    Jesus Christ man...you make PERFECT sense I've tailored my practice to work over the phone and internet with no face to face client contact and and it is working fairly well. Clients only come to the office for critical things, like paying legal fees
    Stay thirsty my friends

  2. #122
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Lol. No where near martial law.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My thoughts exactly 😅
    Guns have only two enemies: rust & politicians

  3. #123
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdcd View Post
    With all due respect, its this specific mentality that has gotten us where we are now. That's why Louisiana has the highest infection rate of the virus per capita. Same thing with HIV, Hep C, etc. It's two things. Ignorance being the biggest, and outright defiance being the next. And the defiance goes back to ignorance. It's not about you dude. If your not concerned about your own health, at least think about the other people you could possibly infect if your exposed. This is not martial law, you can still take care of the essential elements of your life.
    Think about this. There are models that they have been running since the beginning of this epedimic. Even before it began. The mortality rate is 1%-3%, so that doesn't sound too bad out the gate. Only 1-3 out of every 100 will die from this virus. Even though that does not sound like a lot its still the highest mortality rate of any virus that has been encountered in modern times. Now this is the kicker. The infection rate is 50%-60% across the board. That means 50-60% of every area that this thing touches will become infected. Now it's just simple math. Take the population of your area and divide it by two, then multiply it by .01. Or better yet, take the entire population of the state and do that. And that's what we are dealing with. And guys like you of course. SMDH
    Have you vetted this information because I doesn’t seem to stack up the the numbers I’ve seen. Looking at the virus map on Google the highest prevalence I’ve seen was San Marino at 5,608/1,000,000 people. I understand that this doesn’t show where they are in the ‘curve’ but their prevalence is 32 times higher than it is here in the US. Additionally of the 55k cases in the US nearly half of that is in NYS.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; March 25th, 2020 at 09:53 AM.

  4. #124
    Sooooo Cheesy!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdcd View Post
    With all due respect, its this specific mentality that has gotten us where we are now. That's why Louisiana has the highest infection rate of the virus per capita. Same thing with HIV, Hep C, etc. It's two things. Ignorance being the biggest, and outright defiance being the next. And the defiance goes back to ignorance. It's not about you dude. If your not concerned about your own health, at least think about the other people you could possibly infect if your exposed. This is not martial law, you can still take care of the essential elements of your life.
    Think about this. There are models that they have been running since the beginning of this epedimic. Even before it began. The mortality rate is 1%-3%, so that doesn't sound too bad out the gate. Only 1-3 out of every 100 will die from this virus. Even though that does not sound like a lot its still the highest mortality rate of any virus that has been encountered in modern times. Now this is the kicker. The infection rate is 50%-60% across the board. That means 50-60% of every area that this thing touches will become infected. Now it's just simple math. Take the population of your area and divide it by two, then multiply it by .01. Or better yet, take the entire population of the state and do that. And that's what we are dealing with. And guys like you of course. SMDH
    Yup.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

    Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

  5. #125
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Have you vetted this information because I doesn’t seem to stack up the the numbers I’ve seen. Looking at the virus map on Google the highest prevalence I’ve seen was San Marino at 5,608/1,000,000 people. I understand that this doesn’t show where they are in the ‘curve’ but their prevalence is 32 times higher than it is here in the US. Additionally of the 55k cases in the US nearly half of that is in NYS.
    If I had time to cite it I would, but I don't. I was in my shop working 2 weeks ago until about 1am. I had heard about the virus, but not paid a considerable amount of attention to it at that point. I fixed a bowl of cereal, turned on the tv, and the first thing I saw was that the NBA had ended its season bc of the virus. I knew right then that this was completely abnormal and I had to know more. All that money down the drain? For what?
    So I started searching, and I found a ton of information straight out of science journals that were written by scientists. Not one scientist, but several that had been watching the disease manifest and spread. These algorithms and things they run to predict this stuff are correct man. And just bc you don't see it now, its just the beginning. It hasn't even taken a real foothold yet. I spoke with buddies in the oilfield in west texas where they don't even know what's happening. It's business as usual.
    Everything I read that was legitimate had the same numbers across the board. It's the base that everyone is using. If it's happening the same way everywhere else in the world, it's gonna be the same here. Unless we can wait it out in our homes. That's the only way. There is no other way. It's gonna spread no matter what, but if you look at it logically, we can slow it down for sure, and possibly even keep a few people from catching it, but it's gonna spread no matter what. And we are far far from over it. Did you what that goofball mayor of New York said this morning? April will be worse than March. And they don't know yet if May won't be worse than April. I don't agree with the guy personally, but he ain't no dummy. This shit is serious. And the numbers are the numbers. The date is there, dig for it. The news outlets actually have it pegged pretty correctly if you go off the raw data from these reports the scientist have made. Look at the number of infected and the number dead when it flashes. Divide the number number of sick into the number of dead. Move the decimal over 2 places. I look at it daily. The number is a little over 1%. And this is the part that is scary as ****. Each thing I read gave an estimate on the number that could die in the US. You don't hear these numbers bc they don't want to cause any more of a panic than necessary I guess. But they are saying between 700,000 and 2,000,000 people could possibly die. If you check the numbers by the stats the scientists are giving, the line up. Actually the estimate is a lower, but basically pretty damn close.
    Take half the population of the US and multipy it by .01. The numbers add up everywhere I've looked at the facts.
    What I don't understand is why we waited so long to do what we have done and why they have not pushed the facts more. Just push the numbers. I've had several people that I have discussed this with and they wanna say its being blown up and it's a government conspiracy, whatever. I've tried to explain, but people don't want to hear it. When people around you start dying, I guess that's when it's gonna become real to people. And that just goes back to ignorance and defiance. I don't believe I hear. I'm looking for the facts. And those are the facts. Or they are the facts according to all of the research and reading that I've done. I'm no doomsdayer, or nut job. I go off the data.
    Guns & Coffee

  6. #126
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdcd View Post
    If I had time to cite it I would, but I don't. I was in my shop working 2 weeks ago until about 1am. I had heard about the virus, but not paid a considerable amount of attention to it at that point. I fixed a bowl of cereal, turned on the tv, and the first thing I saw was that the NBA had ended its season bc of the virus. I knew right then that this was completely abnormal and I had to know more. All that money down the drain? For what?
    So I started searching, and I found a ton of information straight out of science journals that were written by scientists. Not one scientist, but several that had been watching the disease manifest and spread. These algorithms and things they run to predict this stuff are correct man. And just bc you don't see it now, its just the beginning. It hasn't even taken a real foothold yet. I spoke with buddies in the oilfield in west texas where they don't even know what's happening. It's business as usual.
    Everything I read that was legitimate had the same numbers across the board. It's the base that everyone is using. If it's happening the same way everywhere else in the world, it's gonna be the same here. Unless we can wait it out in our homes. That's the only way. There is no other way. It's gonna spread no matter what, but if you look at it logically, we can slow it down for sure, and possibly even keep a few people from catching it, but it's gonna spread no matter what. And we are far far from over it. Did you what that goofball mayor of New York said this morning? April will be worse than March. And they don't know yet if May won't be worse than April. I don't agree with the guy personally, but he ain't no dummy. This shit is serious. And the numbers are the numbers. The date is there, dig for it. The news outlets actually have it pegged pretty correctly if you go off the raw data from these reports the scientist have made. Look at the number of infected and the number dead when it flashes. Divide the number number of sick into the number of dead. Move the decimal over 2 places. I look at it daily. The number is a little over 1%. And this is the part that is scary as ****. Each thing I read gave an estimate on the number that could die in the US. You don't hear these numbers bc they don't want to cause any more of a panic than necessary I guess. But they are saying between 700,000 and 2,000,000 people could possibly die. If you check the numbers by the stats the scientists are giving, the line up. Actually the estimate is a lower, but basically pretty damn close.
    Take half the population of the US and multipy it by .01. The numbers add up everywhere I've looked at the facts.
    What I don't understand is why we waited so long to do what we have done and why they have not pushed the facts more. Just push the numbers. I've had several people that I have discussed this with and they wanna say its being blown up and it's a government conspiracy, whatever. I've tried to explain, but people don't want to hear it. When people around you start dying, I guess that's when it's gonna become real to people. And that just goes back to ignorance and defiance. I don't believe I hear. I'm looking for the facts. And those are the facts. Or they are the facts according to all of the research and reading that I've done. I'm no doomsdayer, or nut job. I go off the data.
    Have you seen this? I would say ignore China’s numbers because we don’t know if we can trust them but Italy is the country that everyone has talked about being in the monkey barrel for two weeks now. There prevalence is still no were near 50-60%

    https://google.org/crisisresponse/covid19-map

    It is worth noting urban environments are going to be higher risk than rural. There is no doubt NY is in a s-sandwich and it won’t get much better for a while. The virus is in a target rich environment.

    Its also worth noting that Italy’s death rate is nearly 10%. If those numbers can be trusted. I speculate the asymptomatic cases may never be studied due to the need for resources elsewhere.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; March 25th, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

  7. #127
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Have you seen this? I would say ignore China’s numbers because we don’t know if we can trust them but Italy is the country that everyone has talked about being in the monkey barrel for two weeks now. There prevalence is still no were near 50-60%

    https://google.org/crisisresponse/covid19-map

    It is worth noting urban environments are going to be higher risk than rural. There is no doubt NY is in a s-sandwich and it won’t get much better for a while. The virus is in a target rich environment.

    Its also worth noting that Italy’s death rate is nearly 10%. If those numbers can be trusted. I speculate the asymptomatic cases may never be studied due to the need for resources elsewhere.
    So, everything your saying is correct as far as I know. I've read the same stuff. We can not trust China. I would suspect China has it worse than any other country bc of the sheer number of people and the size of the major cities, but we will never truly know. Italy seems to be the anomaly and there is a reason for that. Again, I'm not making this up. I ready it out of one of the journals from the guys studying the virus. Italy apparently had no idea what was happening until it was too late. And that's why their mortality rate is significantly higher. I don't know why they did not know, and I don't when it started, but the middle east is dealing with it, and all of asia, europe, australia. There is not a continent it's not affecting. Those numbers are the mean for everywhere. The only difference between us and the countries across the ocean with this is that we may have started the quarantine in time to make a difference. It's still gonna spread though. Think about this.....China has been dealing with this since Decmeber...it's almost April. We have only been in it for 2 weeks man. 2 weeks. This is just the beginning. I have had a hard time wrapping all of that stuff around my brain, but as of know from what I"m looking at, I believe it. I hope the numbers are wrong, but look at what is happening.
    Guns & Coffee

  8. #128
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Have you seen this? I would say ignore China’s numbers because we don’t know if we can trust them but Italy is the country that everyone has talked about being in the monkey barrel for two weeks now. There prevalence is still no were near 50-60%

    https://google.org/crisisresponse/covid19-map

    It is worth noting urban environments are going to be higher risk than rural. There is no doubt NY is in a s-sandwich and it won’t get much better for a while. The virus is in a target rich environment.

    Its also worth noting that Italy’s death rate is nearly 10%. If those numbers can be trusted. I speculate the asymptomatic cases may never be studied due to the need for resources elsewhere.
    I do like the way that map is set up, but the source is wikipedia. I don't look to wikipedia for factual correct information. I have a hard time believing China has only had 81,000 cases and we are already at 54,000 in two weeks. I'm not saying its wrong, but I'd question it. And I'm not saying what I ready is 100% correct either. But I didn't get it all from the same source. I don't know man. I just know that I'm concerned.
    Guns & Coffee

  9. #129
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Italy has a very aged population on top of everything else. Their health care system is overloaded and has imploded! That is what the US is trying to avoid. Our experts understand there will be death, there is always death in these mass respiratory outbreaks. What we don't want is the need for selective treatment based on...........

    That is the horror show going on in Italy!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

  10. #130
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Now imagine if this persist till Hurricane Season, and a we get hit with even a moderate storm. Loss of power, social distancing, can’t help your neighbors for risk of catching or spreading Covid, etc etc

    Good times ahead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •