Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5141516 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Quite a few family members had the same thing in late December / early Jan. I was thinking the same thing.
    He was in full blown symptoms for two days before testing. I’m sure his viral load would have been high enough to be detected if it was the flu. Of course this is only my opinion not based on medical fact. We will never know just how many people were infected. Especially the younger crowd that may show no or very little symptoms.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Not my site but.....

https://covidusa.net/
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Worldometers.info is another site tracking the number of cases.

Tim

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

https://covidusa.net/?state=Louisiana

They are citing John Hopkins and CDC as sources.
    I’ve not vetted this yet but it seems valid.
    Food for thought.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    If we ever get a true count of infected with very little to no signs I feel the mortality rate will be that equal or maybe even less than flu A and B. My son (18) in great health last month had 102 fever, chills, horrible cough, and body aches. He tested negative for the flu and streptococcus. Treated it like the flu anyway. His cough lasted for two weeks after the other symptoms subsided. Makes me think...could it have been?
    My Oncologist saw me right before this,started.
    Say Nov-Dec. Fever, Flu like but also some thing else much like your Son.
    She did swabs sent out same as him.
    Nothing.
    Anti-Biotics and Steroids 2 plus weeks and was ok.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Not my site but.....

https://covidusa.net/
    Well that paints a bleak picture. I would like to think we will have slowed things way down before we hit that 30 day number.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    If we ever get a true count of infected with very little to no signs I feel the mortality rate will be that equal or maybe even less than flu A and B. My son (18) in great health last month had 102 fever, chills, horrible cough, and body aches. He tested negative for the flu and streptococcus. Treated it like the flu anyway. His cough lasted for two weeks after the other symptoms subsided. Makes me think...could it have been?
    I keep hearing this argument. The issue is that it's exponentially more contagious and its respiratory. If your son would have had it, I would almost guarantee you that more people around you would have had it. I get it. Don't panic. That's easy to say unless your one of the 1-3%. That 1-3% is a great number if there are only a few thousand, or even a few hundred thousand sick. But what if there are millions, or hundreds of millions? That's a different story right.
    Guns & Coffee

Marksman

User Info Menu

I guess this is one of those instances where only time will truly tell.

Tim

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdcd View Post
    I keep hearing this argument. The issue is that it's exponentially more contagious and its respiratory. If your son would have had it, I would almost guarantee you that more people around you would have had it. I get it. Don't panic. That's easy to say unless your one of the 1-3%. That 1-3% is a great number if there are only a few thousand, or even a few hundred thousand sick. But what if there are millions, or hundreds of millions? That's a different story right.
    My best advice is to protect yourself and your family.
    Wearing a respirator and gloves in public feels weird and attracts attention but it is the right way to go.
    I have been doing it but my wife refuses to do so.
    That’s okay, she’s a Southern lady and I respect that.
    You do you as the saying goes.
    And as always, I hope I am wrong.

As an addition, I go into stores while she waits in the vehicle.
    She’s wet hen kind’a mad but it’s worked thusfar.
    Last edited by Cheesy Lasagna; March 25th, 2020 at 04:38 PM.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Well that paints a bleak picture. I would like to think we will have slowed things way down before we hit that 30 day number.
    Yeah,0 recovery's,Stay safe yall.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.