Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 22 1211 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

So the Governor "ordered" a lock-down starting tomorrow at 5pm. How is this legal, constitutional and how will it be enforced? Is anyone else going to go about doing their own business?
    Be Prepared!! Exsisto Paratus

Molon labe!! Come and get them!

On Target

User Info Menu

The order, in case anyone wants to read the official text: https://gov.louisiana.gov/assets/Pro...BE-33-2020.pdf

EDIT: The summary version from Gov's office: https://www.theadvocate.com/pdf_8e31...3ad2d21ae.html

EDIT2: So...social distancing business as usual but with stronger words
    Last edited by shadowblade232; March 22nd, 2020 at 01:28 PM.

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Well I'm essential personnel so I have to go to work, but I think locking down the state is the same as martial law. I will not comply, on my day off I'm going do what I want to do and see what happens. Notice it's all Democrats ordering this, Cali, Illinois, Louisisna, New Orleans, I don't see Texas or Mississippi doing this yet.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # A55195
    NRA # 138603535

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

In the document, it spells out the legalities.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    Well I'm essential personnel so I have to go to work, but I think locking down the state is the same as martial law. I will not comply, on my day off I'm going do what I want to do and see what happens. Notice it's all Democrats ordering this, Cali, Illinois, Louisisna, New Orleans, I don't see Texas or Mississippi doing this yet.
    Lol. No where near martial law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

As testing increases the number will go up. Only a drop in the bucket of how many are probably infected with no symptoms. Hopefully it will spike then with less exposure it will slow down but we can’t stay isolated forever. Mass produce the drug combo and let all who would like to take it do so. Have nothing to lose.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meauxcg View Post
    So the Governor "ordered" a lock-down starting tomorrow at 5pm. How is this legal, constitutional and how will it be enforced? Is anyone else going to go about doing their own business?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaco..._Massachusetts

Cliff notes version, the public health trumps individual liberties.
    Last edited by Jack; March 22nd, 2020 at 02:22 PM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    If you go out and do what you want to do simply to oppose the governor mandating what should be done, you become the problem. Go do what you need to do then go home. If doing what you're supposed to do happens to coincide with what is suggested or mandated, so be it. He's not mandating you sacrifice your first born son.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

"Shelter in place" is a country mile from martial law. I'm fairly certain that the National Guard will not be patrolling the streets tomorrow at 5.

And frankly, if this helps us get back to our regular economy, then I'm all for it. It will be a small number of people that cause this pandemic to stretch out, and that will ultimately hurt all of us.

Do what you need to to survive, obviously, but ask yourself if defying the order just to make a political statement is worth the risk of exposure.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I called the state police, they said if your company is still working, go to work.