Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    My family member WAS tested for COVID-19 after visiting the urgent clinic.

My two family members, who work at separate hospitals also told me that current SOP is for all ER patients experiencing flu like symptoms to be tested, so I don’t know what to tell you.

Considering the parishes affected, I don’t believe that ALL hospitals are doing this.

My mother has had a sore throat, bad cough, and diarrhea since Sunday. I made her call the doctor today and she was told to stay home unless she started having a fever. Has me very worried as she's been a smoker since she was 13 :(

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My mother has had a sore throat, bad cough, and diarrhea since Sunday. I made her call the doctor today and she was told to stay home unless she started having a fever. Has me very worried as she's been a smoker since she was 13 :(

That's likely good advice as there likely isn't much they could do unless symptoms progress. Even if she has COVID19, unless symptoms get critical, there isn't too much they can do.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    My family member WAS tested for COVID-19 after visiting the urgent clinic.

My two family members, who work at separate hospitals also told me that current SOP is for all ER patients experiencing flu like symptoms to be tested, so I don’t know what to tell you.

Considering the parishes affected, I don’t believe that ALL hospitals are doing this.

This is my point. ER testing would overly represent those with severe symptoms. By and large, those experiencing mild symptoms aren’t being tested, especially when you consider the numbers assuming it’s a normal sickness and not seeking medical attention, past that asymptomatic cases aren’t uncommon. We still have a shortage of tests, meaning that even those with symptoms who are seeking medical attention are only being tested while we have kits available.

For many locations there are only 250 kits available daily and to get a test you must have a fever and cough, with shortness of breath.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I haven't been following the whole lockdown thing too much. Are they restricting travel at all? I ask b/c I want to drive to Slidell this weekend to bring my mother some food and supplies and don't want to get a ticket or something. I imagine delivering goods to your 65 year old mother is allowed and seen as essential travel?

Loads of people are driving around. It’s a nonissue.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is my point. ER testing would overly represent those with severe symptoms. By and large, those experiencing mild symptoms aren’t being tested, especially when you consider the numbers assuming it’s a normal sickness and not seeking medical attention, past that asymptomatic cases aren’t uncommon. We still have a shortage of tests, meaning that even those with symptoms who are seeking medical attention are only being tested while we have kits available.

For many locations there are only 250 kits available daily and to get a test you must have a fever and cough, with shortness of breath.

I think current SOP across the board is if it’s not severe, stay home. That would be why you only see severe cases and assumed severe cases being tested.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    So the Governor "ordered" a lock-down starting tomorrow at 5pm. How is this legal, constitutional and how will it be enforced? Is anyone else going to go about doing their own business?

Provisions allow you to do anything legal as far as I can see. You can't bump uglies with a stranger in the park unless you maintain six feet rule.. :mamoru: so you'd have to introduce yourselves first and then bump uglies.. :D

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    What exactly is happening though compare the stats to our reaction. To some degree if we a successful this will look like an overreaction, but Louisiana has 4.66 million people and it has a 1388 cases. Mississippi has 2.987 million people and 377 cases. People keep saying it’s just the beginning but this isn’t some zombie virus. We certainly should take caution kids should certainly not be in school and we should do what we can to limit excess exposure. I would like to think Italy is the worst case scenario and their prevalence is still no where near 50-60%.

You must not be paying attention. This is the beginning. And it increases exponentially every day. The government, state and federal, are taking the most extreme measures I've ever seen in order to protect the people. They have chosen to almost ruin the economy instead of letting people carry on business as usual. If that doesn't speak volumes, then I don't know if anything else will. Trump backed the stay at home order.
    No zombie apocalypse, but it's not all that far behind it. You can say its extreme right now, and it may be, but its strictly save lives man. If we come out fairly unscathed, then maybe it looks like we overeacted, good. But the virus will still spread. It's the nature of a virus. And this is still just the beignning. New Your expects to hav 2 more months of this. China has been dealing with it for 3 months. They are trying push people back to work and there are people falling ill there for the second time. It's all pretty sureal for sure, but you can not den what is happening.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You must not be paying attention. This is the beginning. And it increases exponentially every day. The government, state and federal, are taking the most extreme measures I've ever seen in order to protect the people. They have chosen to almost ruin the economy instead of letting people carry on business as usual. If that doesn't speak volumes, then I don't know if anything else will. Trump backed the stay at home order.
    No zombie apocalypse, but it's not all that far behind it. You can say its extreme right now, and it may be, but its strictly save lives man. If we come out fairly unscathed, then maybe it looks like we overeacted, good. But the virus will still spread. It's the nature of a virus. And this is still just the beignning. New Your expects to hav 2 more months of this. China has been dealing with it for 3 months. They are trying push people back to work and there are people falling ill there for the second time. It's all pretty sureal for sure, but you can not den what is happening.

When dealing with something like this a good measured reaction will look like an overreaction because our actions will change the outcome, and they are. I don’t disagree this is serious and should be treated as such, but if you continue to spend the amount of effort it sounds like you are spending worrying about this it will consume you.

Bro we are all gonna die at some point. I’m not saying throw caution to the wind. Use caution follow the basic advice that the CDC recommends and live your life. Personally if I weren’t ‘essential personnel’ I would be working on some house projects or fishing. I can do both of those things and continue to follow the CDC recommendation.

Your a grown man do what you want, but you may could take a day off from the Coronavirus news and what not. We all probably could honestly.

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    When dealing with something like this a good measured reaction will look like an overreaction because our actions will change the outcome, and they are. I don’t disagree this is serious and should be treated as such, but if you continue to spend the amount of effort it sounds like you are spending worrying about this it will consume you.

Bro we are all gonna die at some point. I’m not saying throw caution to the wind. Use caution follow the basic advice that the CDC recommends and live your life. Personally if I weren’t ‘essential personnel’ I would be working on some house projects or fishing. I can do both of those things and continue to follow the CDC recommendation.

Your a grown man do what you want, but you may could take a day off from the Coronavirus news and what not. We all probably could honestly.

Lol, you are correct. I agree. I don’t actually get to watch as much news as I’d like. I’m not necessarily afraid though, concerned yes. And my biggest thing is attempting to help people that don’t believe this realto understand that it is. Like I said, I’m no doomsdayer, and I’m not a corona expert. I’m just a guy that looks for the facts. I also a guy that falls into that could possibly fall into that 1-3% mortality rate.category bc I am on infusions of immunosuppressants bc I have multiple sclerosis. And I think that why I’m probably a little overly passionate about it...if you want to call it that. People should remember that when they are defiant saying,” I’m gonna do what I want”! It’s just not all about you man. Think abut the people around you. If you really understand what’s happening and you still are defiant, your just being selfish....and stupid honestly. As for me, I have a firearm shop. I don’t have time to worry too much. All the info that is release daily is no surprise to me, and from the research that I’ve done, This thing is happening exactly the way it was explained it would. *♂️

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Lol, you are correct. I agree. I don’t actually get to watch as much news as I’d like. I’m not necessarily afraid though, concerned yes. And my biggest thing is attempting to help people that don’t believe this realto understand that it is. Like I said, I’m no doomsdayer, and I’m not a corona expert. I’m just a guy that looks for the facts. I also a guy that falls into that could possibly fall into that 1-3% mortality rate.category bc I am on infusions of immunosuppressants bc I have multiple sclerosis. And I think that why I’m probably a little overly passionate about it...if you want to call it that. People should remember that when they are defiant saying,* I’m gonna do what I want*! It’s just not all about you man. Think abut the people around you. If you really understand what’s happening and you still are defiant, your just being selfish....and stupid honestly. As for me, I have a firearm shop. I don’t have time to worry too much. All the info that is release daily is no surprise to me, and from the research that I’ve done, This thing is happening exactly the way it was explained it would. *♂️

Invest in Bluetooth headphones and listen on YouTube. Lots of great channels with good information and analysis out there.

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    Invest in Bluetooth headphones and listen on YouTube. Lots of great channels with good information and analysis out there.

That is a good idea. I do listen to Joe Rogan a lot. I like that dude. He's a middle of the road, no nonsense, pretty damn unbiased, think for yourself kinda guy. His podcasts are some of the best ones I've ever listened to. He has a lot of very interesting and intelligent people on his show. I like it.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Absolutely.

Oh and I agree about Bluetooth headphones. That was easily the best investment I've made in the past year.

On a non coronavirus thought, my noise canceling Bluetooth headphones from Sony are definitely one of the best investments I’ve ever done.
    I travel by plane a lot and they’re a true game changer.

Okay, now back to the regularly scheduled discussion.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    On a non coronavirus thought, my noise canceling Bluetooth headphones from Sony are definitely one of the best investments I’ve ever done.
    I travel by plane a lot and they’re a true game changer.

Okay, now back to the regularly scheduled discussion.

I've got the Bose QC-35s and I would agree - they are freaking awesome for tons of situations. Music quality is better than most other options out there too.

I also use the Samsung Bud things (little wireless earbuds) and am a big fan. The case fits in a pocket and the battery lasts forever. Very easy to tone people out with em!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not a fanboy but I have a few Apple products and they just seem to all work together. I have the Airpods and they work pretty well and have a bit of battery life with the battery case. And they help to tone people out even if there's no sound running through them. I can put them in and people will leave me alone just because they think I'm listening to something.

Top Bottom