Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I say keep all our liberties and freedoms flowing. But if millions don’t want to use basic common sense to reduce the spread without the gubment forcing them to, let Darwin reign. When the smoke clears the ones left will still Retain all of our freedoms and start over stronger that we entered this without the loose nuts.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I say keep all our liberties and freedoms flowing. But if millions don’t want to use basic common sense to reduce the spread without the gubment forcing them to, let Darwin reign. When the smoke clears the ones left will still Retain all of our freedoms and start over stronger that we entered this without the loose nuts.

This is not as clear cut as you make it.
    Again, I’m all for our liberties but a pandemic is a different animal.
    These assholes that go out and do what they want will cost others their lives.
    Think of the impact on the medical care industry alone.
    Right now social separation is creating a more even distribution of cases on a shallower graph.
    Slowing the infection rate keeps hospital and clinic services working.
    If everyone did what they wanted the system would get overwhelmed, supply chain would freeze and plenty of care workers would needlessly get exposed and die.
    To me, this is not a victimless situation.

I enjoy freedom to choose but understand that when my actions can harm others some restrictions might be appropriate.
    In this case, the harm to others is incalculable but very present.
    Disease vectors such as a virus can kill just like a mugger or a carjacker or any other potentially fatal interaction; it’s just not so apparent.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Right now social separation is creating a more even distribution of cases on a shallower graph.
    If everyone did what they wanted the system would get overwhelmed, supply chain would freeze and plenty of care workers would needlessly get exposed and die.

I enjoy freedom to choose but understand that when my actions can harm others some restrictions might be appropriate.
    Disease vectors such as a virus can kill just like a mugger or a carjacker or any other potentially fatal interaction; it’s just not so apparent.
    I totally understand. My comments were a bit true and a bit sarcasm. We have freedom loving people screaming about the travel and publis restrictions. They say it’s a violation of rights. I don’t think it is yet. It’s common sense responsibilities we must follow to save lives. So the only way to keep the *anything* is a violation crowd happy would be open the can and let it roll. I’m sorry but if someone is willing to go out and place themselves and their loved ones in unnecessary danger they are fools just to prove a point because they are free. We can have freedom while being smart. Freedom of religion is a great thing but right now meeting at a church with 500-1500 people on Sunday day morning might not be a very good idea. Watch the service online for awhile. Buy guns don’t shut down the stores. Travel for essentials not for sight seeing and shopping for fun. It’s about personal responsibility. When I see 150 people at buffalo park playing football, frisbee, sitting shoulder to shoulder and the Houston mayor is overlooking this and says *I don’t see any problems here* it makes me feel they don’t deserve sympathy and help when they are gasping for air.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Yep, well said. There are a lot of selfish people who really only think about the short term, and could care less about the people they harm
    With their foolish decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Lol. exactly my point. Lie down and be a good slave.

The sooner we comply with our masters the sooner they can save us. When they see how easy it was this time, the next 'emergency' will be along in short order

YES!!!!!!!! You are just what this conversation needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Hey. Be a Jerk. It’s your right. Just don’t call one of my Family Members to the Hospital and expect them to save you or one of your Family Members because you felt the need to show them how big of a Jerk you really are. They probably already know.

Last edited:

georg jetson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    It doesn't "nullify" an American's Rights, but it offers the ability of government to perform certain activities in the course of a national emergency. Case and point is this imbecile in Central, La. that is defying the mandate to not congregate his church. He doesn't lose his Constitutional Right to practice his religion, or even to pray; but he can be limited to his assembly during a national emergency; and particularly a "National Health" emergency. Thusly, he was arrested. And rightly so. He is a direct threat to the community as a collective.

What is extremely disheartening is those hundreds of people that are also defying the ED by supporting this nitwit. It says a lot about them too! This church is sounding more and more like a cult to me.

Nullify? I would put it a different way. The Constitution framed a Republican form of government which means that the created government does not ever have unlimited power. It only has the power given to it and is further restricted from those things enumerated in the Bill of Rights. So, any attempt to assume more power without amending the constitution is illegal. The very reason for legitimate government is to protect individual rights. That's why it's limited to certain tasks. It never has the power to violate individual rights.

In the case of the so called "nitwit", he and his congregation has a right to congregate and the government is charged with protecting that right. If it does the opposite then it is illegitimate. Maybe his congregation understands more about the operation of a legitimate government than most.

Last edited:

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I typically do not leave home unless it's essential. That includes my outdoor recreation. Been a family man for a long time, and we do not partake in the big social gathering events normally, with the exception of sporting events which are obviously a no go these days. We can all go out and stay away from others and be safe and enjoy our lives. The only change I have to make is no longer taking my children in to do the shopping, I am keeping them in the vehicle or outside in the fresh air away from people. We all need to start taking additional precautions: homemade masks, and wearing gloves when shopping. I wear black leather gloves and a smagh I can pull up over my face: and I leave them in my vehicle in a box. You can wash this stuff with soap and water or lysol and be good to go.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I typically do not leave home unless it's essential. That includes my outdoor recreation. Been a family man for a long time, and we do not partake in the big social gathering events normally, with the exception of sporting events which are obviously a no go these days. We can all go out and stay away from others and be safe and enjoy our lives. The only change I have to make is no longer taking my children in to do the shopping, I am keeping them in the vehicle or outside in the fresh air away from people. We all need to start taking additional precautions: homemade masks, and wearing gloves when shopping. I wear black leather gloves and a smagh I can pull up over my face: and I leave them in my vehicle in a box. You can wash this stuff with soap and water or lysol and be good to go.

I do the same.
    My wife, a typical southern lady, wants nothing to do with the “scary” mask I use or the additional layers of protection like gloves.
    She makes the list, I shop.
    She stays in the car listening to podcasts.
    It makes no nevermind to me.
    We’ve been together over 30 years and we adapt to each other’s comfort zone.
    But the point is that we can all take care of one another, even those we don’t know.
    Just be conscientious of the threat we’re all facing.

That’s all.

Top Bottom