Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    So the Governor "ordered" a lock-down starting tomorrow at 5pm. How is this legal, constitutional and how will it be enforced? Is anyone else going to go about doing their own business?

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Well I'm essential personnel so I have to go to work, but I think locking down the state is the same as martial law. I will not comply, on my day off I'm going do what I want to do and see what happens. Notice it's all Democrats ordering this, Cali, Illinois, Louisisna, New Orleans, I don't see Texas or Mississippi doing this yet.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well I'm essential personnel so I have to go to work, but I think locking down the state is the same as martial law. I will not comply, on my day off I'm going do what I want to do and see what happens. Notice it's all Democrats ordering this, Cali, Illinois, Louisisna, New Orleans, I don't see Texas or Mississippi doing this yet.
    Lol. No where near martial law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    As testing increases the number will go up. Only a drop in the bucket of how many are probably infected with no symptoms. Hopefully it will spike then with less exposure it will slow down but we can’t stay isolated forever. Mass produce the drug combo and let all who would like to take it do so. Have nothing to lose.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

If you go out and do what you want to do simply to oppose the governor mandating what should be done, you become the problem. Go do what you need to do then go home. If doing what you're supposed to do happens to coincide with what is suggested or mandated, so be it. He's not mandating you sacrifice your first born son.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "Shelter in place" is a country mile from martial law. I'm fairly certain that the National Guard will not be patrolling the streets tomorrow at 5.

And frankly, if this helps us get back to our regular economy, then I'm all for it. It will be a small number of people that cause this pandemic to stretch out, and that will ultimately hurt all of us.

Do what you need to to survive, obviously, but ask yourself if defying the order just to make a political statement is worth the risk of exposure.

Mike

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I called the state police, they said if your company is still working, go to work.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    "Shelter in place" is a country mile from martial law. I'm fairly certain that the National Guard will not be patrolling the streets tomorrow at 5.

And frankly, if this helps us get back to our regular economy, then I'm all for it. It will be a small number of people that cause this pandemic to stretch out, and that will ultimately hurt all of us.

Do what you need to to survive, obviously, but ask yourself if defying the order just to make a political statement is worth the risk of exposure.

Mike

Well put

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    If you go out and do what you want to do simply to oppose the governor mandating what should be done, you become the problem. Go do what you need to do then go home. If doing what you're supposed to do happens to coincide with what is suggested or mandated, so be it. He's not mandating you sacrifice your first born son.

Agreed.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace

I won't be near other people doing what I want to do so I guess I'm good.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I won't be near other people doing what I want to do so I guess I'm good.

Yeah, if you read the order, they don’t care if you go outside and do whatever. They just don’t want you in close proximity to other people. That’s why reading this stuff is well worth the 2 minutes, as opposed to all of this martial law chicken little stuff.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Stay at home, old timer. This isn't martial law and you're not doing anything.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah, if you read the order, they don’t care if you go outside and do whatever. They just don’t want you in close proximity to other people. That’s why reading this stuff is well worth the 2 minutes, as opposed to all of this martial law chicken little stuff.

Right, people think this is the end of the world, but it's really "hey bro, don't go to that dungeons and dragons tournament you and nerd friends were planning to go to."

You can still go to the store, go to doctors appointments, get gas, and be outside your home so long as you are not stupid and practice good hygiene.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I don’t blame people for being on edge though. The news is proclaiming the end is coming all day. It’s all over the radio. It’s everywhere really. That’s why I’m saying that everyone should slow down and read what’s actually going on, because now is one of those times where it’s easy to get sucked into the crazy.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don’t blame people for being on edge though. The news is proclaiming the end is coming all day. It’s all over the radio. It’s everywhere really. That’s why I’m saying that everyone should slow down and read what’s actually going on, because now is one of those times where it’s easy to get sucked into the crazy.

You mean like how NOLA.com produced an article stating that someone died in their kitchen from COVID-19, but then states in the article that they don't know if she had COVID-19.

If people spent an extra 5 minutes to comprehend what they are reading and another 5 minutes to verify the source of information, we wouldn't have the CDC telling people they should stay home and need to wash their hands... it would already be understood.

If I told you a month ago that all gun stores would be cleaned out because of a virus, you would ask me what's my favorite brand of tin foil. Yet here we are. The real epidemic is stupidity.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    90344003_2226387560989822_3727009350582009856_o.png

90633410_2226387647656480_7102342819007692800_o.png

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members