Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    I just wanted to chine in. The way I see things. Yes you should always be sanitary. Gas pumps to door handles. But to stop 95% of the work force till further notice. That is the issue I have. It breaks down to the makers the ones in manufacturing. To the producers the guys that get things rolling. If that all stops our debt based system will come to a halt. Aka the dollar has a huge possibility of crashing. I have for years made sure to keep supplies on hand due to hurricanes. But this is a whole new scenario I never imagined. Kinda wish I was a tin foil hat guy at the moment.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    A silver lining to this situation is, this is going to teach the younger generations to save money for emergency, and to not live pay check to pay check. I'm fortunate my parents were immigrants that owned businesses and taught us the importance to save. Then I went into the workforce and couldn't believe how many people would live pay check to pay check. Like no one ever taught them they shouldn't or they didn't have the self discipline to not get the newest phones or shoes. Well I'm interested to find out what happens to them when rent is due next week. Like they say, you should always set aside a few months worth of expenses in case something happens. This may last months, and if enough of the industry takes a hit, we could be on great depression scale of depressions, not just the 2008 depression. People will start stuffing mattresses again.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Did you think I was pointing the tin foil picture at you or really anyone here?

Dave, thank you for the info, it’s really appreciated.
    absolutely not. I agree with your post. Just adding my thoughts. I happened to see the tin foil remark in the post you quoted and saw some irony.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I have to go into work.

Someone has to receive shipments. Someone has to enter inventory into the A&D Books. (Federal requirement). Someone has to be there for people to pick up transfers and special order stuff, Brady date transfers, etc.

I don't have to unlock the doors.

Everything will be by appointment only.

Edit: I'm curious how RCM is going to handle this at his shop.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    absolutely not. I agree with your post. Just adding my thoughts. I happened to see the tin foil remark in the post you quoted and saw some irony.

Okay cool, I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t coming off in a way I wasn’t intending.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I have to go into work.

Someone has to receive shipments. Someone has to enter inventory into the A&D Books. (Federal requirement). Someone has to be there for people to pick up transfers and special order stuff, Brady date transfers, etc.

I don't have to unlock the doors.

Everything will be by appointment only.

Edit: I'm curious how RCM is going to handle this at his shop.

I know what you mean man. They keep talking like the whole country could just stay home, but then some how they expect groceries to be on the shelves, lights to be on, and people be able to have money to buy toilet paper with. All these behind the scenes things have to keep on happening so that the world doesn’t grind to a halt, so some of us will keep practicing good hygiene and keep on keeping on until the world realizes we can coexist without sharing bodily fluids with one another.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So I drive from my home to my dads' place who is no longer alive. I get stopped....They make me roll down my window to talk to me. Are they not endangering me by doing so to tell me that I should be home?
    I feel that they are overstepping if it gets to be that way.
    After Katrina, they just asked that you come and go and have proof of where going. Like to or from the home.
    Also, someone stole my bleach tice and now my peaches. I made an online order and te stuff never made it here. And the stuff was also at Sams for pick up but was stolen before I could pick it up so was refunded.
    I just wanted white whites :rofl:
    If it makes them sleep better to know they have bleach more power to them.
    If it was strawberries I could call Humphrey Bogart!

Last edited:

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    This is NOT chicken little stuff. This is a small slippery slope to tyranny. When the government mandates orders and people comply with out question that is an issue.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This order, like any before it or similar to it, will be abused, misunderstood, and ignored by the same people that always sidestep those of us that try to do what is right.

This order is the result of dumb asses that refuse to get it; and are threatening those of us that do. Not understanding that this is life or death for some, makes me almost believe that those that who willfully ignore these orders, should have their ass kicked!

Nothing new, same cycle that has played itself out for centuries.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A bigger question than the OP's?!? Shouldn't everyone's classified ad NOW state, that we can meet AFTER IT IS SAFE AGAIN TO DO SO? ;)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    This is NOT chicken little stuff. This is a small slippery slope to tyranny. When the government mandates orders and people comply with out question that is an issue.

4a1f539e1355cb302787df501d9fe9a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom