Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    All I generally see is a cluster of asshats who have no concern for anyone but themselves.
    The concept of personal liberty is not lost on me at all.
    That said, I believe we’d all be better off if folks adopted a we versus a me mindset.
    Pandemics thrive in environments where selfishness prevails.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is NOT chicken little stuff. This is a small slippery slope to tyranny. When the government mandates orders and people comply with out question that is an issue.

So what's the better approach to this pandemic? Everyone just going about their regular business, and if people die then so be it?

These measures aren't being taken because someone did an extra trip to the gun store to get some ammo (although that in itself could also be problematic). They're being taken because people have broadly ignored the pleas from virtually every scientist and medical professional about social isolation. It's being done to put some fear into people who choose not to listen to science and reason.

So yes, it's a bit tyrannical. As it should be when we're facing a global pandemic, the likes of which we haven't seen in our lifetimes.

Mike

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So what's the better approach to this pandemic? Everyone just going about their regular business, and if people die then so be it?

These measures aren't being taken because someone did an extra trip to the gun store to get some ammo (although that in itself could also be problematic). They're being taken because people have broadly ignored the pleas from virtually every scientist and medical professional about social isolation. It's being done to put some fear into people who choose not to listen to science and reason.

So yes, it's a bit tyrannical. As it should be when we're facing a global pandemic, the likes of which we haven't seen in our lifetimes.

Mike

Also, when the next pandemic strikes humanity, and there will be another, and if it is more fatal to more people than this one, hopefully; not only should we be better prepared, but those dummies today, may be slightly more wiser tomorrow.

We can only hope!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    A bigger question than the OP's?!? Shouldn't everyone's classified ad NOW state, that we can meet AFTER IT IS SAFE AGAIN TO DO SO? ;)

I probably won't get serious offers till after all of this now anyway.

Only messages I've received so far look like bots and people who can't pass a background check.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Glad to see nothing has changed and everything is still running smoothly here.

I’ll leave y’all with this:

97e88156bc6c5c438f5ef16f66d98604.jpg

Awesome!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is NOT chicken little stuff. This is a small slippery slope to tyranny. When the government mandates orders and people comply with out question that is an issue.

The government is saying you can go out for essential items but you should not go for elective activities, especially since almost all of the places that host elective activities are not allowed to stay open. Ignoring any mandate, do you believe following those actions would be a good step in controlling the spread of the virus and not following those actions would be a good way to spread the virus?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I probably won't get serious offers till after all of this now anyway.

Only messages I've received so far look like bots and people who can't pass a background check.

Report any of the bots with the 'Report PM' button, please.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    sound the alarm when they start pushing a mandatory vaccine or they start TAKING PEOPLE FROM their homes...
    If it were a deadly swarm of killer bees that could kill a man with one sting and the government said stay within the safety of your home... I bet there are a few peeps who’d still step out in defiance and run back in screaming and let the bees in to wipe out their family. Is that the thought process here?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    sound the alarm when they start pushing a mandatory vaccine or they start TAKING PEOPLE FROM their homes...
    If it were a deadly swarm of killer bees that could kill a man with one sting and the government said stay within the safety of your home... I bet there are a few peeps who’d still step out in defiance and run back in screaming and let the bees in to wipe out their family. Is that the thought process here?

Hornets man, Ground Hornets will make you un-ass the Tractor,4 wheeler,Drop everything and run like a 16 year old sneaking out of the house!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

Don’t think people disambiguate between help and harm.
    Understand the knee jerk but rational thought needs to be injected into the conversation.

Sometimes, you’re the only one out to get you.
    Often you involve others in your dialogue.

Please debate briskly.
    ;)

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Don’t think people disambiguate between help and harm.
    Understand the knee jerk but rational thought needs to be injected into the conversation.

Sometimes, you’re the only one out to get you.
    Often you involve others in your dialogue.

Please debate briskly.
    ;)
    I just don’t understand the belief that the Government strongly advising folks to stay home, self quarantine and giving it a chance to work is so tyrannical. I understand that our government never wants to waste a good crisis and most likely would take any foothold they could secure in the name of protecting the public, but I don’t see them trying to pass any crazy laws at the moment, just dealing with an emergency the best way they see fit. There are no checkpoints that I’m aware of, no national guard troops patrolling. No declaration of Martial law that I’ve heard about.
    Red China is a communist country. I don’t wanna be like China. Don’t wanna live there. Don’t want the US to become like them. If what I saw in the vid I posted is true, and I believe it is, China set up a home self quarantine system that appears to be working. Supposedly the new case rate (that should be far higher than the US by now because of the way exponential spread works) is far lower than the new case rate of the US. Same thought process applies to stopping a forest fire. Cut the fuse ahead of the flame. Remove the fuel ahead of the fire and it burns out. Quarantine is a solution.
    We’re being asked to self quarantine at home. I have complete freedom of choice in my home. I shudder to think what things would be like if Troops began taking people from their homes and relocating them to quarantine camps. But they’re not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom