Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    If you go out and do what you want to do simply to oppose the governor mandating what should be done, you become the problem. Go do what you need to do then go home. If doing what you're supposed to do happens to coincide with what is suggested or mandated, so be it. He's not mandating you sacrifice your first born son.

Jesus Christ man...you make PERFECT sense I've tailored my practice to work over the phone and internet with no face to face client contact and and it is working fairly well. Clients only come to the office for critical things, like paying legal fees

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    With all due respect, its this specific mentality that has gotten us where we are now. That's why Louisiana has the highest infection rate of the virus per capita. Same thing with HIV, Hep C, etc. It's two things. Ignorance being the biggest, and outright defiance being the next. And the defiance goes back to ignorance. It's not about you dude. If your not concerned about your own health, at least think about the other people you could possibly infect if your exposed. This is not martial law, you can still take care of the essential elements of your life.
    Think about this. There are models that they have been running since the beginning of this epedimic. Even before it began. The mortality rate is 1%-3%, so that doesn't sound too bad out the gate. Only 1-3 out of every 100 will die from this virus. Even though that does not sound like a lot its still the highest mortality rate of any virus that has been encountered in modern times. Now this is the kicker. The infection rate is 50%-60% across the board. That means 50-60% of every area that this thing touches will become infected. Now it's just simple math. Take the population of your area and divide it by two, then multiply it by .01. Or better yet, take the entire population of the state and do that. And that's what we are dealing with. And guys like you of course. SMDH

Have you vetted this information because I doesn’t seem to stack up the the numbers I’ve seen. Looking at the virus map on Google the highest prevalence I’ve seen was San Marino at 5,608/1,000,000 people. I understand that this doesn’t show where they are in the ‘curve’ but their prevalence is 32 times higher than it is here in the US. Additionally of the 55k cases in the US nearly half of that is in NYS.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    With all due respect, its this specific mentality that has gotten us where we are now. That's why Louisiana has the highest infection rate of the virus per capita. Same thing with HIV, Hep C, etc. It's two things. Ignorance being the biggest, and outright defiance being the next. And the defiance goes back to ignorance. It's not about you dude. If your not concerned about your own health, at least think about the other people you could possibly infect if your exposed. This is not martial law, you can still take care of the essential elements of your life.
    Think about this. There are models that they have been running since the beginning of this epedimic. Even before it began. The mortality rate is 1%-3%, so that doesn't sound too bad out the gate. Only 1-3 out of every 100 will die from this virus. Even though that does not sound like a lot its still the highest mortality rate of any virus that has been encountered in modern times. Now this is the kicker. The infection rate is 50%-60% across the board. That means 50-60% of every area that this thing touches will become infected. Now it's just simple math. Take the population of your area and divide it by two, then multiply it by .01. Or better yet, take the entire population of the state and do that. And that's what we are dealing with. And guys like you of course. SMDH

Yup.

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    Have you vetted this information because I doesn’t seem to stack up the the numbers I’ve seen. Looking at the virus map on Google the highest prevalence I’ve seen was San Marino at 5,608/1,000,000 people. I understand that this doesn’t show where they are in the ‘curve’ but their prevalence is 32 times higher than it is here in the US. Additionally of the 55k cases in the US nearly half of that is in NYS.

If I had time to cite it I would, but I don't. I was in my shop working 2 weeks ago until about 1am. I had heard about the virus, but not paid a considerable amount of attention to it at that point. I fixed a bowl of cereal, turned on the tv, and the first thing I saw was that the NBA had ended its season bc of the virus. I knew right then that this was completely abnormal and I had to know more. All that money down the drain? For what?
    So I started searching, and I found a ton of information straight out of science journals that were written by scientists. Not one scientist, but several that had been watching the disease manifest and spread. These algorithms and things they run to predict this stuff are correct man. And just bc you don't see it now, its just the beginning. It hasn't even taken a real foothold yet. I spoke with buddies in the oilfield in west texas where they don't even know what's happening. It's business as usual.
    Everything I read that was legitimate had the same numbers across the board. It's the base that everyone is using. If it's happening the same way everywhere else in the world, it's gonna be the same here. Unless we can wait it out in our homes. That's the only way. There is no other way. It's gonna spread no matter what, but if you look at it logically, we can slow it down for sure, and possibly even keep a few people from catching it, but it's gonna spread no matter what. And we are far far from over it. Did you what that goofball mayor of New York said this morning? April will be worse than March. And they don't know yet if May won't be worse than April. I don't agree with the guy personally, but he ain't no dummy. This **** is serious. And the numbers are the numbers. The date is there, dig for it. The news outlets actually have it pegged pretty correctly if you go off the raw data from these reports the scientist have made. Look at the number of infected and the number dead when it flashes. Divide the number number of sick into the number of dead. Move the decimal over 2 places. I look at it daily. The number is a little over 1%. And this is the part that is scary as ****. Each thing I read gave an estimate on the number that could die in the US. You don't hear these numbers bc they don't want to cause any more of a panic than necessary I guess. But they are saying between 700,000 and 2,000,000 people could possibly die. If you check the numbers by the stats the scientists are giving, the line up. Actually the estimate is a lower, but basically pretty damn close.
    Take half the population of the US and multipy it by .01. The numbers add up everywhere I've looked at the facts.
    What I don't understand is why we waited so long to do what we have done and why they have not pushed the facts more. Just push the numbers. I've had several people that I have discussed this with and they wanna say its being blown up and it's a government conspiracy, whatever. I've tried to explain, but people don't want to hear it. When people around you start dying, I guess that's when it's gonna become real to people. And that just goes back to ignorance and defiance. I don't believe I hear. I'm looking for the facts. And those are the facts. Or they are the facts according to all of the research and reading that I've done. I'm no doomsdayer, or nut job. I go off the data.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If I had time to cite it I would, but I don't. I was in my shop working 2 weeks ago until about 1am. I had heard about the virus, but not paid a considerable amount of attention to it at that point. I fixed a bowl of cereal, turned on the tv, and the first thing I saw was that the NBA had ended its season bc of the virus. I knew right then that this was completely abnormal and I had to know more. All that money down the drain? For what?
    So I started searching, and I found a ton of information straight out of science journals that were written by scientists. Not one scientist, but several that had been watching the disease manifest and spread. These algorithms and things they run to predict this stuff are correct man. And just bc you don't see it now, its just the beginning. It hasn't even taken a real foothold yet. I spoke with buddies in the oilfield in west texas where they don't even know what's happening. It's business as usual.
    Everything I read that was legitimate had the same numbers across the board. It's the base that everyone is using. If it's happening the same way everywhere else in the world, it's gonna be the same here. Unless we can wait it out in our homes. That's the only way. There is no other way. It's gonna spread no matter what, but if you look at it logically, we can slow it down for sure, and possibly even keep a few people from catching it, but it's gonna spread no matter what. And we are far far from over it. Did you what that goofball mayor of New York said this morning? April will be worse than March. And they don't know yet if May won't be worse than April. I don't agree with the guy personally, but he ain't no dummy. This **** is serious. And the numbers are the numbers. The date is there, dig for it. The news outlets actually have it pegged pretty correctly if you go off the raw data from these reports the scientist have made. Look at the number of infected and the number dead when it flashes. Divide the number number of sick into the number of dead. Move the decimal over 2 places. I look at it daily. The number is a little over 1%. And this is the part that is scary as ****. Each thing I read gave an estimate on the number that could die in the US. You don't hear these numbers bc they don't want to cause any more of a panic than necessary I guess. But they are saying between 700,000 and 2,000,000 people could possibly die. If you check the numbers by the stats the scientists are giving, the line up. Actually the estimate is a lower, but basically pretty damn close.
    Take half the population of the US and multipy it by .01. The numbers add up everywhere I've looked at the facts.
    What I don't understand is why we waited so long to do what we have done and why they have not pushed the facts more. Just push the numbers. I've had several people that I have discussed this with and they wanna say its being blown up and it's a government conspiracy, whatever. I've tried to explain, but people don't want to hear it. When people around you start dying, I guess that's when it's gonna become real to people. And that just goes back to ignorance and defiance. I don't believe I hear. I'm looking for the facts. And those are the facts. Or they are the facts according to all of the research and reading that I've done. I'm no doomsdayer, or nut job. I go off the data.

Have you seen this? I would say ignore China’s numbers because we don’t know if we can trust them but Italy is the country that everyone has talked about being in the monkey barrel for two weeks now. There prevalence is still no were near 50-60%

https://google.org/crisisresponse/covid19-map

It is worth noting urban environments are going to be higher risk than rural. There is no doubt NY is in a s-sandwich and it won’t get much better for a while. The virus is in a target rich environment.

Its also worth noting that Italy’s death rate is nearly 10%. If those numbers can be trusted. I speculate the asymptomatic cases may never be studied due to the need for resources elsewhere.

Last edited:

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    Have you seen this? I would say ignore China’s numbers because we don’t know if we can trust them but Italy is the country that everyone has talked about being in the monkey barrel for two weeks now. There prevalence is still no were near 50-60%

It is worth noting urban environments are going to be higher risk than rural. There is no doubt NY is in a s-sandwich and it won’t get much better for a while. The virus is in a target rich environment.

Its also worth noting that Italy’s death rate is nearly 10%. If those numbers can be trusted. I speculate the asymptomatic cases may never be studied due to the need for resources elsewhere.

So, everything your saying is correct as far as I know. I've read the same stuff. We can not trust China. I would suspect China has it worse than any other country bc of the sheer number of people and the size of the major cities, but we will never truly know. Italy seems to be the anomaly and there is a reason for that. Again, I'm not making this up. I ready it out of one of the journals from the guys studying the virus. Italy apparently had no idea what was happening until it was too late. And that's why their mortality rate is significantly higher. I don't know why they did not know, and I don't when it started, but the middle east is dealing with it, and all of asia, europe, australia. There is not a continent it's not affecting. Those numbers are the mean for everywhere. The only difference between us and the countries across the ocean with this is that we may have started the quarantine in time to make a difference. It's still gonna spread though. Think about this.....China has been dealing with this since Decmeber...it's almost April. We have only been in it for 2 weeks man. 2 weeks. This is just the beginning. I have had a hard time wrapping all of that stuff around my brain, but as of know from what I"m looking at, I believe it. I hope the numbers are wrong, but look at what is happening.

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere

I do like the way that map is set up, but the source is wikipedia. I don't look to wikipedia for factual correct information. I have a hard time believing China has only had 81,000 cases and we are already at 54,000 in two weeks. I'm not saying its wrong, but I'd question it. And I'm not saying what I ready is 100% correct either. But I didn't get it all from the same source. I don't know man. I just know that I'm concerned.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Italy has a very aged population on top of everything else. Their health care system is overloaded and has imploded! That is what the US is trying to avoid. Our experts understand there will be death, there is always death in these mass respiratory outbreaks. What we don't want is the need for selective treatment based on...........

That is the horror show going on in Italy!

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Now imagine if this persist till Hurricane Season, and a we get hit with even a moderate storm. Loss of power, social distancing, can’t help your neighbors for risk of catching or spreading Covid, etc etc

Good times ahead.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So, everything your saying is correct as far as I know. I've read the same stuff. We can not trust China. I would suspect China has it worse than any other country bc of the sheer number of people and the size of the major cities, but we will never truly know. Italy seems to be the anomaly and there is a reason for that. Again, I'm not making this up. I ready it out of one of the journals from the guys studying the virus. Italy apparently had no idea what was happening until it was too late. And that's why their mortality rate is significantly higher. I don't know why they did not know, and I don't when it started, but the middle east is dealing with it, and all of asia, europe, australia. There is not a continent it's not affecting. Those numbers are the mean for everywhere. The only difference between us and the countries across the ocean with this is that we may have started the quarantine in time to make a difference. It's still gonna spread though. Think about this.....China has been dealing with this since Decmeber...it's almost April. We have only been in it for 2 weeks man. 2 weeks. This is just the beginning. I have had a hard time wrapping all of that stuff around my brain, but as of know from what I"m looking at, I believe it. I hope the numbers are wrong, but look at what is happening.

What exactly is happening though compare the stats to our reaction. To some degree if we a successful this will look like an overreaction, but Louisiana has 4.66 million people and it has a 1388 cases. Mississippi has 2.987 million people and 377 cases. People keep saying it’s just the beginning but this isn’t some zombie virus. We certainly should take caution kids should certainly not be in school and we should do what we can to limit excess exposure. I would like to think Italy is the worst case scenario and their prevalence is still no where near 50-60%.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Now imagine if this persist till Hurricane Season, and a we get hit with even a moderate storm. Loss of power, social distancing, can’t help your neighbors for risk of catching or spreading Covid, etc etc

Good times ahead.

If this (economic shutdown), goes on past April; hurricanes will be the last thing you will need to worry about come September! ;)

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Still only a 3.5% mortality rate. Not heralding it, but it is good news that it is low. :hs:

If we ever get a true count of infected with very little to no signs I feel the mortality rate will be that equal or maybe even less than flu A and B. My son (18) in great health last month had 102 fever, chills, horrible cough, and body aches. He tested negative for the flu and streptococcus. Treated it like the flu anyway. His cough lasted for two weeks after the other symptoms subsided. Makes me think...could it have been?

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    If we ever get a true count of infected with very little to no signs I feel the mortality rate will be that equal or maybe even less than flu A and B. My son (18) in great health last month had 102 fever, chills, horrible cough, and body aches. He tested negative for the flu and streptococcus. Treated it like the flu anyway. His cough lasted for two weeks after the other symptoms subsided. Makes me think...could it have been?

All you can really do is treat it like the flu and focus treatment on symptoms.
    If dyspnea (trouble breathing) occurs severly, ventilate.
    He may have had it but his physical condition and robust immune system likely carried him through.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I'm in your camp! I believe that too!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Quite a few family members had the same thing in late December / early Jan. I was thinking the same thing.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

Just a note.
    You’ll never get an accurate assesment of those who didn’t report illness with covid.
    Exactly like with the flu.
    That is why the estimates are corollary between flu and covid.
    I know we all want assurances but be logical.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom