Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Glad to see nothing has changed and everything is still running smoothly here.

I’ll leave y’all with this:

97e88156bc6c5c438f5ef16f66d98604.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have to go to work tomorrow. My wife is also *essential* but since we are expecting in a week, work told her to use up her PTO and take off since they don’t have a laptop for her to work at home and there’s 200+ employees where she works.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You mean like how NOLA.com produced an article stating that someone died in their kitchen from COVID-19, but then states in the article that they don't know if she had COVID-19.

If people spent an extra 5 minutes to comprehend what they are reading and another 5 minutes to verify the source of information, we wouldn't have the CDC telling people they should stay home and need to wash their hands... it would already be understood.

If I told you a month ago that all gun stores would be cleaned out because of a virus, you would ask me what's my favorite brand of tin foil. Yet here we are. The real epidemic is stupidity.

I bought additional food, paper towels, toilet paper, etc a month and a half ago. I figured everyone would freak out and I didn’t feel like dealing with it later. The biggest annoyance for me out of all of this is that Walmart is packed early in the morning and for some reason people are hoarding eggs for the apocalypse.

I’m still in the *essential* camp, which is a little annoying too. I was hoping this would be a multi week hurricane vacation.

That and I need to renew my CHP by the middle of next month, but I have no clue where to get one of the class participation papers.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I bought additional food, paper towels, toilet paper, etc a month and a half ago. I figured everyone would freak out and I didn’t feel like dealing with it later. The biggest annoyance for me out of all of this is that Walmart is packed early in the morning and for some reason people are hoarding eggs for the apocalypse.

I’m still in the *essential* camp, which is a little annoying too. I was hoping this would be a multi week hurricane vacation.

That and I need to renew my CHP by the middle of next month, but I have no clue where to get one of the class participation papers.

People are hoarding everything. I have enough stuff at the house to be 100% stocked on my normal quantities. I don't hoard anything, but I've learned from those wonderful hurricane vacations that having things on hand is useful.

FYI

90158313_2322153754744821_4486267883847942144_n.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not sure how anyone can call this a LOCKDOWN. Like others have said, you can help or be part of the problem. Back when the Japs blew up Pearl Harbor and Hitler was doing his thing our people came together and truly sacrificed and stepped up and got things done. I don’t think they did much whining about the government rationing things and making people blacken their windows and whatever else they thought were measures for the greater good. I’m gonna drop a link to a short video and I urge you to watch it if you have any concerns that we are being forced into anything at the moment and ask yourself if what is being done here is so bad. Also, if we can’t count on everyone doing the right thing on their own, what do you suggest we do?
    Again, watch the video and understand that self quarantine is indeed working. We’ve had far more new cases in the states this week than China has.

When I was a kid I would never have gone yo the doctor and got a shot or the dentist to have a tooth drilled but my parents made sure I went as much as I fought them about it at the time. The benefit was good health rather than being sickly and toothless. Looks like some grownups still need daddy to oversee them doing the most right thing. So be it.

There are indeed times when governments overstep and create more problems and trample on rights and create more problems. This is not one of those times.

https://youtu.be/0W0B2Qg3r2k

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Not sure how anyone can call this a LOCKDOWN. Like others have said, you can help or be part of the problem. Back when the Japs blew up Pearl Harbor and Hitler was doing his thing our people came together and truly sacrificed and stepped up and got things done. I don’t think they did much whining about the government rationing things and making people blacken their windows and whatever else they thought were measures for the greater good. I’m gonna drop a link to a short video and I urge you to watch it if you have any concerns that we are being forced into anything at the moment and ask yourself if what is being done here is so bad. Also, if we can’t count on everyone doing the right thing on their own, what do you suggest we do?
    Again, watch the video and understand that self quarantine is indeed working. We’ve had far more new cases in the states this week than China has.

When I was a kid I would never have gone yo the doctor and got a shot or the dentist to have a tooth drilled but my parents made sure I went as much as I fought them about it at the time. The benefit was good health rather than being sickly and toothless. Looks like some grownups still need daddy to oversee them doing the most right thing. So be it.

There are indeed times when governments overstep and create more problems and trample on rights and create more problems. This is not one of those times.

The Orwell mention at the end said volumes.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Wow. Well said sir. See maybe this pandemic will give you and I a new bond. Stay safe friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

I do what I need to do to sleep at night. I’m sleeping well at the moment. I know that my family is taken care of. I don’t worry about peeps talking about tin foil but I find it comical when they ride the fence about things. Now those who shunned and laughed are concerned whether they admit it or not. I’m quite done urging folks to buy and store when things are at the lowest price in many years. I don’t concern myself with naysayers except wondering what they think they have to offer by trying to spread their denial. That being said, the only thing I didn’t really stock up on, ironically...is tin foil.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You mean like how NOLA.com produced an article stating that someone died in their kitchen from COVID-19, but then states in the article that they don't know if she had COVID-19.

If people spent an extra 5 minutes to comprehend what they are reading and another 5 minutes to verify the source of information, we wouldn't have the CDC telling people they should stay home and need to wash their hands... it would already be understood.

If I told you a month ago that all gun stores would be cleaned out because of a virus, you would ask me what's my favorite brand of tin foil. Yet here we are. The real epidemic is stupidity.

Plenty to agree with here but I underlined my favorite part.

It is worth noting the media has been training the masses to be stupid for a long time. Maybe we can get an idiot journalist to ask JBE ‘boxers or briefs’ then we will truly know if this is martial law and if it makes since to follow good hygiene and avoid excessive contact during a upper-respiratory viral outbreak.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

It is worth noting the media has been training the masses to be stupid for a long time. Maybe we can get an idiot journalist to ask JBE ‘boxers or briefs’ then we will truly know if this is martial law and if it makes since to follow good hygiene and avoid excessive contact during a upper-respiratory viral outbreak.

It's like when they closed dining areas of restaurants and suddenly the entire populace forgot that they have a kitchen in their home. Panic leads to FOMO.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I do what I need to do to sleep at night. I’m sleeping well at the moment. I know that my family is taken care of. I don’t worry about peeps talking about tin foil but I find it comical when they ride the fence about things. Now those who shunned and laughed are concerned whether they admit it or not. I’m quite done urging folks to buy and store when things are at the lowest price in many years. I don’t concern myself with naysayers except wondering what they think they have to offer by trying to spread their denial. That being said, the only thing I didn’t really stock up on, ironically...is tin foil.

Did you think I was pointing the tin foil picture at you or really anyone here?

Dave, thank you for the info, it’s really appreciated.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Martial law should be coming next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom