Don't call the cops, cause they ain't coming.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I think a lot of the Gun community influencers are becoming more and more ridiculous lately.

i use to like and follow Guys like Mrgunsngear, military arms channel and iraqivet888.

but lately they are all going off the deep end. And becoming ever increasingly Anti-law enforcement. mrgunsngear a few months back even posted on his IG about actively killing LE. And IQVET888 posting that all LEOs are bad. And a lot of their looney toon followers are encouraging it. Getting frankly disgusting.

and we have a Republican in office non the less but the anti Leo and anti gov sentiment seems worse now then when Obama was in office.

Idk Obama was pretty bad with LEO's, he had that whole spree of cop killings that happened while he was in office, when people were calling first responders and opening fire. I think he handled that poorly, as well as the Ferguson riots, etc. He basically allowed a lie "Hands up don't shoot" to start a whole movement that is counterproductive to society to say the least.

And I don't think its anti government, I think its anti-deep state establishment. No taxation without Representation!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    OHHHH It was confusing the way they wrote it but I see now... It is saying if they are breaking into the car or house that you are currently in. Not if you are in your house and see someone breaking into another car! Yeah that makes more sense. Honestly, my CHP instructor taught me exactly what you said earlier, fear of your life, It just seems ridiculous that the law doesn't allow for people to defend themselves from people taking their crap. What if you shine a light on them and start yelling, chase em off like racoons or something, and if they try to run at you, then can you shoot them?

The law allows you to defend yourself with deadily force in situations where you are fearful of your life. You really aren't justifiably fearful of your life if someone is outside breaking into your shed.

If you shine a light on them and they run at you, you could reasonably be in fear of your life.

Deadily force should always be a last resort though. I'd rather step back inside, and lock the door than have to deal with the plethora of things that come with using deadily force. I mean really, it's just not worth it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So here is where it starts.

https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh2RPL82KDMfvj8UtF

This is a Walgreens in San Francisco. I suppose if this was a small mom & pop owned grocery (perhaps your dad's, or yours), you would just go in your office and hope they don't take too much! Heaven forbid you try to protect your stuff.

My store? These two are are lying on the ground bleeding out of every orifice from the blunt object ass whipping they just got!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    So here is where it starts.

https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh2RPL82KDMfvj8UtF

This is a Walgreens in San Francisco. I suppose if this was a small mom & pop owned grocery (perhaps your dad's, or yours), you would just go in your office and hope they don't take too much! Heaven forbid you try to protect your stuff.

My store? These two are are lying on the ground bleeding out of every orifice from the blunt object ass whipping they just got!

Come on man! San Fransisco don't count !

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I like the way you think !!!
    Don’t get me wrong. I’m not a violent person. Really not even a thrill seeker so much anymore. These days I’m more of an opportunist. And looks like we get a pass on some stuff for a while? So, maybe not an all out purge like those movies, but if I get the chance to clean up my neighborhood a little bit, I’ll prolly just take care of business and not bother the boys in blue with the trivial stuff.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    but if I get the chance to clean up my neighborhood a little bit, I’ll prolly just take care of business and not bother the boys in blue with the trivial stuff.

Yes, please continue to talk about murdering burglars on a public forum...

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Don’t get me wrong. I’m not a violent person. Really not even a thrill seeker so much anymore. These days I’m more of an opportunist. And looks like we get a pass on some stuff for a while? So, maybe not an all out purge like those movies, but if I get the chance to clean up my neighborhood a little bit, I’ll prolly just take care of business and not bother the boys in blue with the trivial stuff.

I hear the song Dance Lil Sister for some reason?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    You are correct, I didn't follow it after she was convicted. Last I had seen, the sentence was 5 to 100 years, or something like that. I'm surprised she only got ten.

You can use a firearm to stop a crime, but you cannot shoot someone for breaking into your truck when you aren't in it.

If I remember my High School Law class, . . . (Orleans Public School)

You can only execute a citizen's arrest if the crime is a felony.

I don't think that attempted illegal entry of an unoccupied vehicle is going to be charged as a felony, so, . . .

The criminal will likely press charges against you for kidnapping, use of a deadly weapon, and whatever else his lawyer can think up.

Then he'll probably sue you in civil court for mental anguish, and loss of income.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If I remember my High School Law class, . . . (Orleans Public School)

You can only execute a citizen's arrest if the crime is a felony.

I don't think that attempted illegal entry of an unoccupied vehicle is going to be charged as a felony, so, . . .

The criminal will likely press charges against you for kidnapping, use of a deadly weapon, and whatever else his lawyer can think up.

Then he'll probably sue you in civil court for mental anguish, and loss of income.

Attempted illegal entry of an unoccupied vehicle is attempted simple burglary and is a felony. Nothing actually needs to be taken and it can still be a felony.. They will be charged with a felony if it can be articulated there was something more than trespassing; surveillance footage looking in vehicle then trying the door handle, vehicle behind a locked gate, etc. The DA will bill as a felony if they can. They will also, very likely, offer a misdemeanor as a plea.

27. Attempt; penalties; attempt on peace officer; enhanced penalties
    A. Any person who, having a specific intent to commit a crime, does or omits an act for the purpose of and tending directly toward the accomplishing of his object is guilty of an attempt to commit the offense intended; and it shall be immaterial whether, under the circumstances, he would have actually accomplished his purpose.
    (3) In all other cases he shall be fined or imprisoned or both, in the same manner as for the offense attempted; such fine or imprisonment shall not exceed one-half of the largest fine, or one-half of the longest term of imprisonment prescribed for the offense so attempted, or both.
    http://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78386

62. Simple burglary
    A. Simple burglary is the unauthorized entering of any dwelling, vehicle, watercraft, or other structure, movable or immovable, or any cemetery, with the intent to commit a felony or any theft therein, other than as set forth in R.S. 14:60.
    B. Whoever commits the crime of simple burglary shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than twelve years, or both.
    http://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78577

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Attempted illegal entry of an unoccupied vehicle is attempted simple burglary and is a felony. Nothing actually needs to be taken and it can still be a felony.. They will be charged with a felony if it can be articulated there was something more than trespassing; surveillance footage looking in vehicle then trying the door handle, vehicle behind a locked gate, etc. The DA will bill as a felony if they can. They will also, very likely, offer a misdemeanor as a plea.

27. Attempt; penalties; attempt on peace officer; enhanced penalties
    A. Any person who, having a specific intent to commit a crime, does or omits an act for the purpose of and tending directly toward the accomplishing of his object is guilty of an attempt to commit the offense intended; and it shall be immaterial whether, under the circumstances, he would have actually accomplished his purpose.
    (3) In all other cases he shall be fined or imprisoned or both, in the same manner as for the offense attempted; such fine or imprisonment shall not exceed one-half of the largest fine, or one-half of the longest term of imprisonment prescribed for the offense so attempted, or both.
    http://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78386

62. Simple burglary
    A. Simple burglary is the unauthorized entering of any dwelling, vehicle, watercraft, or other structure, movable or immovable, or any cemetery, with the intent to commit a felony or any theft therein, other than as set forth in R.S. 14:60.
    B. Whoever commits the crime of simple burglary shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than twelve years, or both.
    http://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78577

Well there you geaux.

I stand corrected.

Let us try.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    There is also no way that they could even consider hitting you with kidnapping for holding the guy at gunpoint if he's breaking into your stuff. You aren't physically forcing him from not escaping. Now if you decided to restrain the guy, that could be a different story...but no one on here would ever get that close to someone because it'd be dumb, right?

Anyway, this whole scenario is a fairytale. If a guy is breaking into your stuff, hanging out in your yard, or doing something nefarious and he is caught, hit with a bright light, and knows a firearm is pointed at him, he will likely do one of three things: Flee, Comply, or Aggress.

I imagine most people are going to run and try to get away as fast as they can. In that case, you let them leave and give a good description to the police. Hopefully you have security cameras that can supply a picture.

Next option is they comply in fear that they might get shot. They wait for the police to arrive, likely apologizing and and offering to never come back if you let them leave without incident. In that case, the best option is still for you to wait for the police to arrive and let them handle it. Make them well aware that you are armed and what your description is. They may disarm you when arriving.

The final option is that the criminal doesn't comply or flee and moves towards you or does something threatening. In that case, deadily force MAY be appropriate, but if you can go inside safely, I argue that it is still the best option. Again, shooting someone would suck. It is not ideal and is the absolute worst case scenerio.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    God I love the internet. I mean hears my current reality:

My company is applying for sba to help with the cash crunch (btw the SBA site can’t handle the volume)

Half our employees can’t work due site closures

I’m helping a family member who is dieing of stage 4 cancer

We may all be zombies by next week

But the shooter never fails to distract and entertain me.

What about assault with a weapon of mass light? #light-violence

:hi5:

Last edited:

alecgreen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    You're correct the crime HAS to be a felony for a citizen to execute an arrest. If it's not a felony the police will arrest and prosecute the citizen for all you've stated above. The individual won't have to do a thing. The police WILL because they have the incentive to make a felony arrest.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You're correct the crime HAS to be a felony for a citizen to execute an arrest. If it's not a felony the police will arrest and prosecute the citizen for all you've stated above. The individual won't have to do a thing. The police WILL because they have the incentive to make a felony arrest.

The police don't have any incentive to arrest anyone and they don't have an incentive to not arrest someone. But if you're looking at it from a felony vs a misdemeanor point of view with nothing else to consider, the incentive would be to go with the misdemeanor. This can potentially be down with a summons in lieu of a physical arrest. That means less paperwork and not needed to transport someone to lockup, especially on refusal Tuesdays when there's the added 2 hour trip to the hospital waiting for for medical clearance.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The police don't have any incentive to arrest anyone and they don't have an incentive to not arrest someone. But if you're looking at it from a felony vs a misdemeanor point of view with nothing else to consider, the incentive would be to go with the misdemeanor. This can potentially be down with a summons in lieu of a physical arrest. That means less paperwork and not needed to transport someone to lockup, especially on refusal Tuesdays when there's the added 2 hour trip to the hospital waiting for for medical clearance.

Refusal Tuesdays?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom