Don't call the cops, cause they ain't coming.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ok so I’m a self centered a-hole because I can’t stand by and let someone burgle and vandalize my ****? I’m not causing the problem I just want help with it. I’m glad to wait patiently if something happened over night and there ain’t anything anyone can do but file a report...
    i don’t think that in any way makes you a SCAH. Anybody here ever think of non lethal measures? What if you were able to catch the perp yourself? And let’s say, just hold them til law enforcement arrives, whenever that may be. That’s a lotta time for it to rub the lotion on it’s skin, no?

d064d2d85968041046c56607a561cdb6.jpg

I’m just sayin... in these boring times of quarantine, one looks for entertainment where they can.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    i don’t think that in any way makes you a SCAH. Anybody here ever think of non lethal measures? What if you were able to catch the perp yourself? And let’s say, just hold them til law enforcement arrives, whenever that may be. That’s a lotta time for it to rub the lotion on it’s skin, no?

d064d2d85968041046c56607a561cdb6.jpg

I’m just sayin... in these boring times of quarantine, one looks for entertainment where they can.

:rofl:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's because you would readily pull police resources away from needed issues by throwing in buzzwords so you could get an immediate response. If it makes you feel better, you're not alone, not by a long shot. But if you're going to do it, try to hit the trifecta: suspicious person with a gun selling drugs. The cops will still know you're full of it but they'll be entertained for a moment.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    If your life in on the line, and you have a call into the NOPD for help; you can count on them......to contact your next of kin!

You can say the same thing about any police department. The only way the police are close enough to respond quickly to save you is if they happen to be close.
    So we have another anti-NOPD comment from someone who does not live in New Orleans.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    None of this answered my hypothetical scenario, and this is not my thread. But, if it's OK by you AK Shooter, I will ask like this:

Remember, this is "Hypothetical!"

If you heard a noise in your driveway, or in front of your house; and you came out to investigate, and someone was physically prying your vehicle door open to enter your vehicle, and you confronted them, they acknowledged you, but they knew the police were not going to respond to this "minor" crime, and then they subsequently told you to sit there and watch them finish tearing open your truck; what would YOU do? What could you do?

We know you can't shoot them. We know a woman living alone can't do anything about it. We know a frail and elderly man can't do anything about it. We also know that you don't have to allow anyone to take your property in front of you; but what do you do?

Let's go just a bit further; let's say you confront them with your weapon trained on them, but they still tell you to get f*cked. Where are you at now?

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    None of this answered my hypothetical scenario, and this is not my thread. But, if it's OK by you AK Shooter, I will ask like this:

If you heard a noise in your driveway, or in front of your house; and you came out to investigate, and someone was physically prying your vehicle door open to enter your vehicle, and you confronted them, they acknowledged you, but they knew the police were not going to respond to this "minor" crime, and then they subsequently told you to sit there and watch them finish tearing open your truck; what would YOU do? What could you do?

We know you can't shoot them. We know a woman living alone can't do anything about it. We know a frail and elderly man can't do anything about it. We also know that you don't have to allow anyone to take your property in front of you; but what do you do?

Let's go just a bit further; let's say you confront them with your weapon trained on them, but they still tell you to get f**cked. Where are you at now?

WTF Is this,Liberal pu$$y training? You live in Louisiana,You shoot the SOB in the ass! And as thug drags his self away you yell

Yall come back now ya here....

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It's because you would readily pull police resources away from needed issues by throwing in buzzwords so you could get an immediate response. If it makes you feel better, you're not alone, not by a long shot. But if you're going to do it, try to hit the trifecta: suspicious person with a gun selling drugs. The cops will still know you're full of it but they'll be entertained for a moment.

So my question to you is am I a bad guy for calling 911 and telling them I’m armed with a gun and about to confront a burglar?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    WTF Is this,Liberal pu$$y training? You live in Louisiana,You shoot the SOB in the ass! And as thug drags his self away you yell

Yall come back now ya here....

:rofl:

Well since your vehicle is an extension of your home, isn’t this a home invasion. Choot-em. (This is satire not actual advice) We can’t be too careful these days.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Let's go just a bit further; let's say you confront them with your weapon trained on them, but they still tell you to get f*cked. Where are you at now?

I see your hypothetical as highly improbable. Most likely a criminal will fight of flee.

Additionally, I still don’t believe they meant crimes in progress were to be filed on line only previously committed crimes. Situations are just too fluid and confrontations have a substantial risk of becoming violent encounters, refusing to respond to this sort of activity would be dangerous. If this were Katrina and no one could get to you that would be one thing, but the Dallas scenario seems to be designed to limit potential first responder exposure to covid-19 for cases that are observe and report type cases.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Hello 911? Yes i have problem I am here at BK they put ketchup on my butger and i asked for grill. And top top it off tge made my frues while it cooked so they are cold! Can you send someone out ASAP they will not refund my $ becuse they say i ate most of it!
    BTW) I am still waiting on the police report from last month on the wrong pizza topping.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I see your hypothetical as highly improbable. Most likely a criminal will fight of flee.

Additionally, I still don’t believe they meant crimes in progress were to be filed on line only previously committed crimes. Situations are just too fluid and confrontations have a substantial risk of becoming violent encounters, refusing to respond to this sort of activity would be dangerous. If this were Katrina and no one could get to you that would be one thing, but the Dallas scenario seems to be designed to limit potential first responder exposure to covid-19 for cases that are observe and report type cases.

It's not that improbable. It cost a women in BR her life a couple months ago. Exact same scenario as described. Now, the husband ultimately shot the burglar turned murderer, but it didn't start out as a murder or a violent encounter. The POS was breaking into their car under the porch. She went to investigate, confronted the scumbag, and was killed. She was essentially a defenseless, elderly woman.

Totally different dynamic if you discover a POS breaking into your auto and they brandish a weapon towards you.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Totally different dynamic if you discover a POS breaking into your auto and they brandish a weapon towards you.

Exactly. At that point, it has nothing to do with a truck door and everything to do with an imminent threat on one's life.

Up to that point, brandishing a weapon is just begging for a prison sentence.

Mike

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It's not that improbable. It cost a women in BR her life a couple months ago. Exact same scenario as described. Now, the husband ultimately shot the burglar turned murderer, but it didn't start out as a murder or a violent encounter. The POS was breaking into their car under the porch. She went to investigate, confronted the scumbag, and was killed. She was essentially a defenseless, elderly woman.

So the burglar chose to fight instead of indifference and ignoring her?

This is my whole point, and this is why I don’t believe crimes in progress were intended as part of the austerity measure to prevent the spread of the virus.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So the burglar chose to fight instead of indifference and ignoring her?

This is my whole point, and this is why I don’t believe crimes in progress were intended as part of the austerity measure to prevent the spread of the virus.

That's fine. But this particular encounter may be over in less than 2 minutes depending on what transpires. Unless your neighbor is LE and is up getting ready for work, you just won't get a physical response from police in the time frame that my scenario offers. If the scumbag decides to stand his ground, what can you do? What will you do? If, like this elderly lady, you refuse to allow someone to take your stuff?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's fine. But this particular encounter may be over in less than 2 minutes depending on what transpires. Unless your neighbor is LE and is up getting ready for work, you just won't get a physical response from police in the time frame that my scenario offers. If the scumbag decides to stand his ground, what can you do? What will you do? If, like this elderly lady, you refuse to allow someone to take your stuff?

Stand your ground and defend yourself if necessary.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Let me offer what I think I would do.

If I am heading outside for a noise in the night, I am armed. Hell, I don't even answer the doorbell or a knock at the front door without my pistol in my hand behind my back. If I happen upon a person physically breaking into my vehicle, I will aim my weapon at the burglar and yell very loudly and clearly, and directly at him; "Get your hands up and step away from the vehicle!" If he tells me to get screwed, I will announce again; "Step away from the vehicle or I will shoot you!" If the thief threatens me with a weapon, I feel that I have the Right to defend myself at that point. If he doesn't threaten me with a weapon, and if my threat to him doesn't work, I am going inside, holstering my pistol, and brandishing a blunt object. I will then proceed to crack him in the knee or elbow with enough force to break him in pieces. If he fights back, he gets it in the head! If he continues, I am going for the pistol.

See, this is the dilemma. The law clearly states that you do not have to surrender your private property to any would be thief, but if you shoot them for theft, you will more than likely face charges. So, I would rather face an aggravated assault charge than a murder charge. But NO ONE is stealing my stuff right in front of me!

But that is what I believe would be my recourse.

Next!?!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

If I am heading outside for a noise in the night, I am armed. Hell, I don't even answer the doorbell or a knock at the front door without my pistol in my hand behind my back. If I happen upon a person physically breaking into my vehicle, I will aim my weapon at the burglar and yell very loudly and clearly, and directly at him; "Get your hands up and step away from the vehicle!" If he tells me to get screwed, I will announce again; "Step away from the vehicle or I will shoot you!" If the thief threatens me with a weapon, I feel that I have the Right to defend myself at that point. If he doesn't threaten me with a weapon, and if my threat to him doesn't work, I am going inside, holstering my pistol, and brandishing a blunt object. I will then proceed to crack him in the knee or elbow with enough force to break him in pieces. If he fights back, he gets it in the head! If he continues, I am going for the pistol.

See, this is the dilemma. The law clearly states that you do not have to surrender your private property to any would be thief, but if you shoot them for theft, you will more than likely face charges. So, I would rather face an aggravated assault charge than a murder charge. But NO ONE is stealing my stuff right in front of me!

Next!?!

The last thing you want to do in a situation like this is to close distance with the thief.
    It effectively removes any advantage you have on them and increases your risk significantly.

Just not worth it versus anything you have in the car.

I’d suggest a different kind of weapon; use your mobile phone.
    Film the perp at a safe distance and stay away from them if possible.
    You’ve just increased your chances to fight them later with the legal system.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Next!?!

At what point did you dial 911?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The last thing you want to do in a situation like this is to close distance with the thief.
    It effectively removes any advantage you have on them and increases your risk significantly.

Just not worth it versus anything you have in the car.

I’d suggest a different kind of weapon; use your mobile phone.
    Film the perp at a safe distance and stay away from them if possible.
    You’ve just increased your chances to fight them later with the legal system.

In a perfect world you may be right. We (our collective legal systems), are letting violent prisoners out all over the country with slaps on the wrist. I know the resources do not exist at these department to find a petty thief. We as a country have arrived at a time where you will need to protect your own stuff most of the time!

Top Bottom