Don't call the cops, cause they ain't coming.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They can take the stuff if it comes down to it as fas as I’m concerned.
    My duty is to myself (stay alive and well) and to my family.
    One life has a profound effect on many other lives.
    I can always get another Maglite, bag of stale pork rinds, ~$2 in spare change, fleshlight (don’t judge) and spare mag for my pistol.
    Hell, they can take the dog too; never did like my wife’s shepherd anyway.
    But I cannot replace me.
    And you cannot replace you either.
    So be selfish and think of the long game versus having your pride crushed by a douchebag thief.
    You’re worth it.

You are certainly correct on this. I totally agree too. But, if this were to stand, then criminals (in general), would soon believe they could commit these petty crimes at will. In fact, that is sort of what has been going on in this country in the last few years. Look at San Francisco, and other parts of California. Also New York. They basically have given criminals the green light.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You are certainly correct on this. I totally agree too. But, if this were to stand, then criminals (in general), would soon believe they could commit these petty crimes at will. In fact, that is sort of what has been going on in this country in the last few years. Look at San Francisco, and other parts of California. Also New York. They basically have given criminals the green light.

What prevents crime now? Laws?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The last thing you want to do in a situation like this is to close distance with the thief.
    It effectively removes any advantage you have on them and increases your risk significantly.

Just not worth it versus anything you have in the car.

I’d suggest a different kind of weapon; use your mobile phone.
    Film the perp at a safe distance and stay away from them if possible.
    You’ve just increased your chances to fight them later with the legal system.

I agree. I’d stay at a safe distance, keep him in picture and push the loud button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I disagree with Emperor on most everything in this thread, but Must have overlooked the anti-LE sentiments.

It’s the general tone. He ignores all advice to call 911, but continues to cite that PD’s outside of his locale have stated they are not going to immediately respond to events that have a lesser importance. Seems like he’s not very fond of law enforcement. Perhaps it’s just his odd way of conveying or that anyone who disagrees is labeled as stupid, but I don’t think his comments here were to inspire confidence in LEO help during these times.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    The one incident where I needed police/sheriffs dept here in E Texas was after the fact. My truck had been broken into and a handgun and a few other things stolen. When I called in the dispatcher said it would be a while that the officer was at the scene of another problem, large county, about 60 miles N-S and 35 E-W. I said no problem and explained what had happened and said I would not do anything around the truck and car. He arrived quicker than I expected, and by that time I had pulled out my firearms inventory record and provided him with a description and serial number. He said if the gun was recovered it would be returned to me, no problem, as I had created those records. I asked what if it were used committing a crime, and again no problem because all this would be on record. I posted all this in my inventory book just for my safety. He told me the week before some gentleman had a high dollar Kimber stolen and he had no serial number or model number to report. A few days later we woke up and sheriffs cars lights about half a mile across the road were going at another house, Thieves were working again, and had been seen by homeowner but got away.

We live about 1/2 mile out of city limits, so no police protection or patrols as it still is a rather safe neighborhood , but the bottom line is that we are our own protection, at least until the sheriffs dept can respond.

Last edited:

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Stand your ground

None of this answered my hypothetical scenario, and this is not my thread. But, if it's OK by you AK Shooter, I will ask like this:

Remember, this is "Hypothetical!"

If you heard a noise in your driveway, or in front of your house; and you came out to investigate, and someone was physically prying your vehicle door open to enter your vehicle, and you confronted them, they acknowledged you, but they knew the police were not going to respond to this "minor" crime, and then they subsequently told you to sit there and watch them finish tearing open your truck; what would YOU do? What could you do?

We know you can't shoot them. We know a woman living alone can't do anything about it. We know a frail and elderly man can't do anything about it. We also know that you don't have to allow anyone to take your property in front of you; but what do you do?

Let's go just a bit further; let's say you confront them with your weapon trained on them, but they still tell you to get f*cked. Where are you at now?

You are allowed to kill them to prevent a forcible felony on your property. The correct way to handle this situation is, you simply whistle to get their attention, after looking at their face and confirming you don't know the person breaking into your car, you shoot them, high center mass, until they are no longer comitting a forcible felony on your property. Someone correct me if im wrong but i think this is the proper procedure. Oh and dont forget to e-file after.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You are allowed to kill them to prevent a forcible felony on your property. The correct way to handle this situation is, you simply whistle to get their attention, after looking at their face and confirming you don't know the person breaking into your car, you shoot them, high center mass, until they are no longer comitting a forcible felony on your property. Someone correct me if im wrong but i think this is the proper procedure. Oh and dont forget to e-file after.

What? No. Terrible advice.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    http://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78338

RS 14:20 4(a)
    A homicide is justifiable : (4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

Yes, unless I can't read you can absolutely shoot someone breaking into your car at night, and they won't leave otherwise.

RainingCrumbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    Covington Louisiana
    My thoughts are posted on the sign in my yard.
    9312289b7decf65f89739be088482b6b.jpg

A prosecutors dream.... intent.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    http://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78338

RS 14:20 4(a)
    A homicide is justifiable : (4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

Yes, unless I can't read you can absolutely shoot someone breaking into your car at night, and they won't leave otherwise.

Lol. You conveniently left out section 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom