Don't call the cops, cause they ain't coming.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You guys can argue back and forth over intended or unintended slight, or we could present a unified opinion that being prepared to defend you and yours beats hoping that an officer is ready and available to respond in your time of need.

Im not here to knock anyone, but even the best response times in the world might not be enough. People should always be prepared to defend themselves and or hold off an attack till the Calvary arrives.

It’s not a competition it’s a cooperative.

BTW the tele-response to the items listed on the previous link wouldn’t bother me. Especially in an effort to prioritize and increase the ability to respond to violent or ongoing crimes.

Agreed. Being able and being willing are two different animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I do have legitimate questions about this passage:

Effective March 19, 2020, the Dallas Police Department will not physically respond to locations for the reports listed below. Instead, citizens will be asked to utilize the Dallas Online Reporting System (DORS) by visiting dallaspolice.net and clicking on the *File a Police Report Online* tab.

Burglary of a Coin Operated Machine
    Burglary of a Motor Vehicle
    Criminal Mischief
    Debit/Credit Card Abuse
    Graffiti
    Harassing Phone Calls
    Lost Property
    Reckless Damage
    Theft/Shoplift/Identity Theft/Property Theft (Auto Accessories)/ Theft of Service

These reports will have a follow-up investigation conducted in the same manner as a report taken by a police officer at the scene would. If a caller does not have access to a computer or other device that can access the Online Reporting System, 911 will arrange for a call back from our Expediter Unit and the report will be taken over the phone.

The Dallas Police Department will continue to visit other options for police service as we progress through these challenging times. Thank you all for your cooperation and for helping us keep the City of Dallas safe.

Hypothetically, if you hear a noise in your driveway and go outside to see a person prying open your car door, then confront the subject, but the subject stands his ground and looks at you and says; "What you gonna do about it. Ain't no cops coming for this." What can you do? What do you do? If you are elderly, frail or female; do you just let this POS take your stuff while you watch?

I'm not looking for bravado. I would like to know how each of the various entities of the system think someone should handle this? LE, Lawyers, etc?

I think they are intending for crimes previously committed to reported online. On going crimes have the ability to escalate. For this purpose alone I would imagine they might want to respond to an ongoing crime. Just my thoughts. Put them with a dollar and you might afford a candy bar.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think they are intending for crimes previously committed to reported online. On going crimes have the ability to escalate. For this purpose alone I would imagine they might want to respond to an ongoing crime. Just my thoughts. Put them with a dollar and you might afford a candy bar.

In my hypothetical example, you won't necessarily be on the phone with the police at the time of discovery (perhaps you are already outside in your driveway). Also, by the time you were to be able to call them, the scumbag has walked away with your stuff. This is a decision that would need to be made in a few minutes, possibly only seconds.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    In my hypothetical example, you won't necessarily be on the phone with the police at the time of discovery (perhaps you are already outside in your driveway). Also, by the time you were to be able to call them, the scumbag has walked away with your stuff. This is a decision that would need to be made in a few minutes, possibly only seconds.

Seems no different if they plan to respond or not in you example dirtbag would already have moved on anyway. Would it matter at that point if you got someone in the flesh or on the phone?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Seems no different if they plan to respond or not in you example dirtbag would already have moved on anyway. Would it matter at that point if you got someone in the flesh or on the phone?

No. The question is, what does a person do on the spot (now knowing that the police (at least in Dallas), are not responding to this particular example)? In my hypothetical example, the owner of the vehicle is already watching the scumbag prying open the door of his truck.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I truly and whole heartedly support Law Enforcement and will always offer assistance if and when needed, but I have to be honest. NOPD is a joke to say the least...

Really? You are saying that from Gonzales. I drive through Uptown, Downtown, Gentilly, and Mid-City every day. I see a lot of proactive enforcement by NOPD in those areas. Most notably I see 107 stops at least twice a day.
    The NOPD is under staffed thanks to The Statue Hunter. They are actually doing a good job with what they have.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    No. The question is, what does a person do on the spot (now knowing that the police (at least in Dallas), are not responding to this particular example)? In my hypothetical example, the owner of the vehicle is already watching the scumbag prying open the door of his truck.

I’m pretty sure if it’s an ongoing crime they would want to respond. If you are afraid they might not fit the word gun into the conversation with the operator.

Crimes in progress are fluid it would but dangerous not to respond in person. I don’t believe that is the intent of Dallas PD or whoever that was in the link. I think the intent was to decrease expo and down time created by going and collecting a statement from a person who’s car was burgled the night before.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I have personally worked alongside NOPD officers and know that they are overworked and under appreciated.
    The life they live is often quite difficult due to their job but they willingly do so and add a hell of a lot of value to everyone’s lives in general society because of their actions.
    And I feel the same about all those who choose to enter law enforcement.
    Sure, there are turds but by and large they’re great people and I truthfully am grateful they do what they do.

Just my .02¢

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m pretty sure if it’s an ongoing crime they would want to respond. If you are afraid they might not fit the word gun into the conversation with the operator.

Crimes in progress are fluid it would but dangerous not to respond in person. I don’t believe that is the intent of Dallas PD or whoever that was in the link. I think the intent was to decrease expo and down time created by going and collecting a statement from a person who’s car was burgled the night before.

Please don't falsify public record so the police will respond to your radar detector being stolen over a person in legitimate danger. This isn't a joke.

LA R.S. 14:133. Filing or maintaining false public records
    A. Filing false public records is the filing or depositing for record in any public office or with any public official, or the maintaining as required by law, regulation, or rule, with knowledge of its falsity, of any of the following:
    (1) Any forged document.
    (2) Any wrongfully altered document.
    (3) Any document containing a false statement or false representation of a material fact.
    B. The good faith inclusion of any item of cost on a Medical Assistance Program cost report which is later determined by audit to be nonreimbursable under state and federal regulations shall be an affirmative defense to a violation of this Section.
    C.(1) Whoever commits the crime of filing false public records shall be imprisoned for not more than five years with or without hard labor or shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or both.
    (2) In addition to the penalty provided for in Paragraph (1) of this Subsection, a person convicted of the provisions of this Section may be ordered to pay restitution to the state if the state suffered a loss as a result of the offense. Restitution shall include the payment of legal interest at the rate provided in R.S. 13:4202.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Please don't falsify public record so the police will respond to your radar detector being stolen over a person in legitimate danger. This isn't a joke.

LA R.S. 14:133. Filing or maintaining false public records
    A. Filing false public records is the filing or depositing for record in any public office or with any public official, or the maintaining as required by law, regulation, or rule, with knowledge of its falsity, of any of the following:
    (1) Any forged document.
    (2) Any wrongfully altered document.
    (3) Any document containing a false statement or false representation of a material fact.
    B. The good faith inclusion of any item of cost on a Medical Assistance Program cost report which is later determined by audit to be nonreimbursable under state and federal regulations shall be an affirmative defense to a violation of this Section.
    C.(1) Whoever commits the crime of filing false public records shall be imprisoned for not more than five years with or without hard labor or shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or both.
    (2) In addition to the penalty provided for in Paragraph (1) of this Subsection, a person convicted of the provisions of this Section may be ordered to pay restitution to the state if the state suffered a loss as a result of the offense. Restitution shall include the payment of legal interest at the rate provided in R.S. 13:4202.

Not my intent.

1. I always have a gun so there is no need to lie.
    2. The need for gun and the immediate need for an officer hinges on the confrontation. Another words if they run away, I ain’t giving chase. I hate running and prefer to use that skill for avoidance and not pursuit.

In his hypothetical he seemed to be concerned with a burglar potential to attacking or feeling the urge to attack the burglar, and there be no police response. My point was if you call regarding an on going situation I don’t believe they would refuse to respond. Mentioning in the call that you are armed and are about to confront the person would make it pretty difficult to not respond.

BTW fuzz-busters as many call them will help you earn more tickets than they are worth. Speaking from experience here.

Also there is nothing in my truck worth shooting someone over, but that doesn’t mean I hide inside and allow someone to tear my stuff up either.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Not my intent.

1. I always have a gun so there is no need to lie.
    2. The need for gun and the immediate need for an officer hinges on the confrontation. Another words if they run away, I ain’t giving chase. I hate running and prefer to use that skill for avoidance and not pursuit.

In his hypothetical he seemed to be concerned with a burglar potential to attacking or feeling the urge to attack the burglar, and there be no police response. My point was if you call regarding an on going situation I don’t believe they would refuse to respond. Mentioning in the call that you are armed and are about to confront the person would make it pretty difficult to not respond.

BTW fuzz-busters as many call them will help you earn more tickets than they are worth. Speaking from experience here.

Also there is nothing in my truck worth shooting someone over, but that doesn’t mean I hide inside and allow someone to tear my stuff up either.

It's tough to reasonably see any other intent. If there's a gun involved, it will come up in the conversation organically. The only reason to "fit the word gun into the conversation" is if it's not relevant.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It's tough to reasonably see any other intent. If there's a gun involved, it will come up in the conversation organically. The only reason to "fit the word gun into the conversation" is if it's not relevant.

Well some folks want to keep things like that to themselves. I’ve never made a 911 call for a burglary. Of the times I’ve made those calls, guns were mentioned once and it was about a neighbor who was blowing stuff up and simulating automatic fire way too close to my house. I didn’t feel the need to mention I was armed. If I intended on confronting someone you best believe that’s part of the conversation.

My point was if you think it’s serious enough to warrant an immediate response it wouldn’t be that hard to achieve it. Any time I may have to confront someone committing a crime you best believe I want back up so I’m telling them everything that could be relevant.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not trying to give advice or anything... but are you familiar with the term, ‘Rooftop Koreans’? The owner of the vehicle could go Rooftop Korean on their ass.
    I’m thinking the Rooftop Korean option is a viable one.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well some folks want to keep things like that to themselves. I’ve never made a 911 call for a burglary. Of the times I’ve made those calls, guns were mentioned once and it was about a neighbor who was blowing stuff up and simulating automatic fire way too close to my house. I didn’t feel the need to mention I was armed. If I intended on confronting someone you best believe that’s part of the conversation.

My point was if you think it’s serious enough to warrant an immediate response it wouldn’t be that hard to achieve it. Any time I may have to confront someone committing a crime you best believe I want back up so I’m telling them everything that could be relevant.

That's alright. Your point was quite obvious. It doesn't matter what else is going on that the police need to respond to, if you feel like the police should respond to you immediately, add some buzzwords to make sure the police respond right them.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    c99d836066f818600014761fd29c4ce5.jpg

Rooftop Korea don’t call 911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If your life in on the line, and you have a call into the NOPD for help; you can count on them......to contact your next of kin!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That's alright. Your point was quite obvious. It doesn't matter what else is going on that the police need to respond to, if you feel like the police should respond to you immediately, add some buzzwords to make sure the police respond right them.

Ok so I’m a self centered a-hole because I can’t stand by and let someone burgle and vandalize my ****? I’m not causing the problem I just want help with it. I’m glad to wait patiently if something happened over night and there ain’t anything anyone can do but file a report...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom